Guest requests

Raylenth

I've just found out that the director who did such a wonderful job on The Final Problem, Benjamin Caron, has received so much abuse about it that he's deleted his Twitter account.

I am shocked to hear all these idiots behaving this way. They don't own the show or the characters and have no right to do this.

Please can we invite Benjamin to the convention to show him some genuine Sherlock love? And any or all of the other directors?

• Like 1

I've just found out that the director who did such a wonderful job on The Final Problem, Benjamin Caron, has received so much abuse about it that he's deleted his Twitter account.

I am shocked to hear all these idiots behaving this way. They don't own the show or the characters and have no right to do this.

Please can we invite Benjamin to the convention to show him some genuine Sherlock love? And any or all of the other directors?

I certainly second this though with people behaving like this I'd doubt they would want to come sadly.

Edited by Raylenth

The trouble is they think they do and nothing will change their minds. I do get the theory, after all the show wouldn't be a success with out us but I agree with you and have often said the same to others for similar comments when they start throwing their toys around - you don't own X, they can do what they want. If you want it your way go out and do it yourself (impractical I know, but the only realistic answer.)

I'm a Johnlocker but don't have the slightest problem with anyone elses ship. We all see things our own way and I respect that even if I personally think it's silly. I actually don't want John and Sherlock together in the show, I save that for the fanfiction I read, as it would totally ruin the program in my opinion. They are better as they are, true and deep friends that love and complete each other in a non sexual way. There are certain ships I'll never get since I just don't see it but respect each to their own and all that.

Unfortunately nothing can be done as people like that feel justified in their behavior and unfortunately with the global network we live in they are free to join their fellows in riling them selves up and joining fellow like minded people in justifying their behaviour.

I'm sorry that Benjamin has been treated this way and I hope he'll be able to deal with it. I'm sure Mark, Sue, Stephen and the BBC are helping him as this is unfortunately becoming fairly common now. I hope that Twitter deal with all the people who have been abusive but I doubt it will happen.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Just remembered that I would LOVE it if we could have Alice Lowe as a guest - she played Tessa, Mjr Sholto's nurse in The Sign of Three, and is generally brilliant. I loved her interaction with Sherlock in the stag night scenes. But I also love her comedy work.

About all I know her for is "Mr Skinner to the Manager's office. - "Manager's office." - "Mr Skinner."" :smile:

• Like 1

Just remembered that I would LOVE it if we could have Alice Lowe as a guest - she played Tessa, Mjr Sholto's nurse in The Sign of Three, and is generally brilliant. I loved her interaction with Sherlock in the stag night scenes. But I also love her comedy work.

About all I know her for is "Mr Skinner to the Manager's office. - "Manager's office." - "Mr Skinner."" :smile:[/size] [/size]

Excellent reference! She's very clever and funny. Very dark, but very funny. Check out Sightseers, a really good little film. And she's just released another, Prevenge, which I'm hoping to see next week. A bit in the mould of Julia Davis, if you know her work.

• Like 1

About all I know her for is "Mr Skinner to the Manager's office. - "Manager's office." - "Mr Skinner."" :smile:[/size] [/size]

Excellent reference! She's very clever and funny. Very dark, but very funny. Check out Sightseers, a really good little film. And she's just released another, Prevenge, which I'm hoping to see next week. A bit in the mould of Julia Davis, if you know her work.

I shall look them up tomorrow, though I had at least heard of Prevenge! Good guest suggestion. :thumbup:

Is it just me or is the guest list for this one a little lacking compared to the American one? Fingers crossed they pull some more fab guests out before October or just Andrew Scott will do!!!

I personally am extremely happy with the current UK guest list and do not think it is lacking in any way, yes the US event does have more of the 'bigger' names but we have plenty of time. We have guests that haven't appeared before, and with Vinette they have now had all of the main cast (barring Martin of course).

Of course I hope Benedict can come again and almost pray that Martin considers coming.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...