Sherlocked UK 2017

showmasters

I certainly wouldn't pay more than £55 for a Ben auto that he didn't sign in front of me but that's just me. I gave my pre-signed Ben autograph a value of £20/£25 when I was working out how much my Platinum ticket is worth so far (just cos I like to do that, like to know am getting a good deal lol) , though I have no idea how much people pay for these things outside of a convention.

Believe me, the convention price was amazing value. Price varies depending on the fullness of the signature but Showmasters have an autograph company they recommend and have linked in the General Chat thread, now remembering that they are essentially the 'retail' price whereas by getting it in person we are paying 'trade' prices, his auto has been on the site for £95+

• Like 1

Fingers crossed we won't be needing a presigned one but yes, its nice to know we get one if we do.

I pretty much have what we're getting in our package memorised as I've looked at it so many times to cheer myself up :dance:

As I said earlier I like to add up the value of my package so far and I can tell you that I've given my group shots on the Sat/Sun a value of £50 each (these value's are the minimum I've decided they are worth, they may be worth more depending on who we get in them) the talks also a value of £50 as they were worth that much last year, the meet and greet I've valued at £40 (a figure I plucked from thin air :lol:) and the drinks receptions I initially put a value of £20 each on but have upped it to £30 each now we know a bit more about them (until we know the actual guests at each reception I don't want to put more) Photos so far £100, autos £80, weekend entry £99 and the added extras (bag, art print etc) £42. Set shoots £30 (Tilting one is £10 and we get 2 others as well) and Ben's auto £25.

All in all that adds up to £636 and that's with at least 4 more guests to be announced and not even adding on a value to sitting at the front (or v close to) at the talks and the priority queuing which I know does have a value too) So all in all I am super happy with my Platinum package and yes, I know I'm mad :blush::poki::lol:

• Like 3

Interesting to note (a debate on the meaning of 'the' is about to start) is that the group shoot says "Sherlocked Event Cast Guests Group Photo Shoot on Sat & Sun" so to me that means we get 2 shoots, Sat AND Sun otherwise it should say 'on Sat OR Sunday"

I know we will only get one though and they will be split between the days. :smile:

• Like 2

I figured we'd get two as well, one on both days as there will be guests that will only be there on the one day (like Una) and if our group shot was on the Sunday we'd not have her in it and that wouldn't be fair. Maybe this is something that can be confirmed by a mod?

Edited by evilfairie

Interesting to note (a debate on the meaning of 'the' is about to start) is that the group shoot says "Sherlocked Event Cast Guests Group Photo Shoot on Sat & Sun" so to me that means we get 2 shoots, Sat AND Sun otherwise it should say 'on Sat OR Sunday"

I know we will only get one though and they will be split between the days. :smile:

You might well be right - you usually are!

However: some guests will only attend on one or other day. I initially took it to mean that we'd get one pic with all the Saturdayers and another with the Sunday folk. Imagine the wrath which might ensue (NOT from anyone here, I hasten to add) if, say, MF or BC came, or Andrew or Rupert or Loo, or whoever, but for one day only, and someone had their group shot scheduled on the day on which their fave wasn't attending? It wouldn't be fair or reasonable for anyone to complain about that, but I'm sure people would!

• Like 1

Ha, just noticed that evilfaerie has said the same thing with fewer words! That'll teach me not to leave posts half written for 40 minutes...

We've all done that at some point!

I think you are both right actually, I hadn't considered the 1 day only guests so yes, it wouldn't exactly be fair.

S0 on the assumption that we do get 2 group shots, nice.

• Like 2

I had a lovely photo of Amanda and Martin and asked her to sign that. For some reason I didn't even think about getting another auto for Chronicles!

Ah, I always say hindsight is a wonderful thing. One thing to maybe consider, when they put the pre order details up for the LA Sherlocked, if they allow send in's, you could send it to them to get her to sign just in case we don't get her at this one.

That's part of the reason I do my auto list so I know before I go up and get all panicky who I want on what. Well, I say I do it to help me but you saw what happened to me in Ben's queue and how useless it turned out to be for him!

That's a brilliant idea. I will remember.

And you weren't useless in Ben's queue! I thought you were very organised and even got him using the right pens on the right things! And I'm glad I got to help - it gave me more time to talk to him...

I'd offer to get your Chronicles signed by Amanda at LA for you, but I think the shipping on a book that heavy would be roughly the same cost as you getting a flight out yourself.

• Like 1

So maybe it's time to start getting the autos outside of it? :P

It looks… at least interesting :whistling:

33464681551_f7c4144028_b.jpg

Oh that looks great! But I am very particular, and I even have a hierarchy of who signs where. Obsessive? Me?

I'm only missing a handful of people from series 1-3 now so there is room, in the appropriate places, for all of them, inside. So it's back to lugging it round until I've managed to catch them all!

• Like 2

So maybe it's time to start getting the autos outside of it? :P

It looks… at least interesting :whistling:

33464681551_f7c4144028_b.jpg

Who put the 'tache on Sherlock, Benedict signed in silver I see so was it him? I'd guess Mark did it otherwise.

• Like 1

Ah, bless your heart, but you're right, it's not worth the cost! Thanks though.

You must be getting excited for the LA con! Not long now...

No worries! If you change your mind or have a rethink about the dust jacket option, just let me know.

And as for getting excited for LA, yep. I fly down two months from tomorrow.

• Like 2

Hi there! This will be my second time going to Sherlocked Convention but my first time as a Platinum ticket holder. Just wanting to know if those who have had it in the past (for the last 2 conventions) think it's worth the money and also for people going to the Friday, Saturday and Sunday night parties what are you doing about cosplay (if having any) me and my friend are really struggling for the Culverton Smith Ward Party (don't want to be sexy nurses to be fair lol) and also the Victorian Gothic night? Thanks!

Hi Nat, welcome to the forums.  I have had Platinum at both the previous events and bought another for this the second they went on sale.  For me, though the events are very busy, and the pace doesn't let up, they are worth it just for the piece of mind of having priority access, especially if we are lucky enough to get Ben again, and dare we even think about it, Martin!  One the extreme outside chance that Martin does attend that will be the whole value of the ticket in one guest on it's own for me!  It's not always perfect, Mark was tough to get last year even with the Platinums and Loo was the same the first year, but I wouldn't want to do this without one.  I'm not saying you can't get everything done without one, it just makes it easier.  Evilfairy is keeping a running total of the package accumulated value in her head and even with her conservative estimate for the value of some of the items it's well on track to be very good value.

Just remember that they ticketing system for autographs is going to run a bit differently this time so we will have to see how it works.  I'm familiar with the system from the organisers other shows though I've never used it myself and we will have to see how it goes.

I am not a party person myself but will happily go for a bit if my friends want to go and don't mind me tagging along with them but I won't be dressing up.

For the Culverton party I suppose you could keep it simple and just go for a lab coat and be a hospital doctor, or go with PJ's and be a patient?  Not sure about the Gothic theme though.  You could just dress up as anything Victorian, maybe get some fake side burns and do a Molly type character. 

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 1

Hi Nat, welcome to the forums.  I have had Platinum at both the previous events and bought another for this the second they went on sale.  For me, though the events are very busy, and the pace doesn't let up, they are worth it for the piece of mind of having priority access.  It's not always perfect, Mark was tough to get last year even with the Platinums and Loo was the same the first year, but I wouldn't want to do this without one.  Evilfairy is keeping a running total of the package accumulated value in her head and even with her conservative estimate for the value of some of the items it's well on track to be very good value.

Just remember that they ticketing system for autographs is going to run a bit differently this time so we will have to see how it works.  I'm familiar with the system from the organisers other shows though I've never used it myself and we will have to see how it goes.

I am not a party person myself but will happily go for a bit if my friends want to go and don't mind me tagging along with them but I won't be dressing up.

For the Culverton party I suppose you could keep it simple and just go for a lab coat and be a hospital doctor, or go with PJ's and be a patient?  Not sure about the Gothic theme though.  You could just dress up as anything Victorian, maybe get some fake side burns and do a Molly type character. 

Oh I didn't know the ticketing system for autographs was going to run differently this year! Do you know how they are going to do it? I probably have read it somewhere but can't remember. It seems like platinum get so much more this year as well which seems great!! 

See I thought about lab coat and the PJ's thing! hahaha XD OMG yes!!! I totally didn't think of that! It's just so hard to get a cheap Victorian outfit it seems! 

Regarding the auto's and queuing.  As I understand it, rather than starting by calling up the Plat ticket holders first as they have at the previous events, they will start with the Gold tickets and do them in number order, then work down the packages and finally the VQ ticket holders.  So for example they will call Gold 1- 30, Gold 1-60 and so on and then it will be All Golds and Silver 1-30 ect.  Platinum holders can join the back of any queue, so we don't need to wait for our numbers to be called.  Now in the 'rules of how this works' section, all the platinums can't turn up and join the queue at once. They only allow a certain number of people in it at the same time in order to keep it manageable, but they are aware we will be wanting to join and will have taken this into account when running the queue's on the day.  It sounds scary, not having a defined space/slot in the queue but they use this system at their other big events where they have far more guests than this and I've never heard any of those top ticket holders say they haven't managed to get the people they want.  I think planning is going to be the key as always.  Do any guests that are only there for 1 day as early as possible so you have time to come back later if needs be, or those who are harder to get like Loo if she's there.  Really we just have to see what happens when we are there but they are very experienced at running the queue's this way.  The main issue will be if Martin and/or Ben do go because everyone will want to be in their queue's, especially Martins but again we can only see what will happen with them.  Luckily the Plat and VIP are the only tickets that have guaranteed access to Ben and Martin if they come, they aren't included in any of the others so hopefully for their queue's they will start with the VIP's and then the Plats.  Everyone else will have to get VQ tickets for them, but until we get confirmation we are guessing.

I hope that made some sort of sense  :smile:

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 2

Regarding the auto's and queuing.  As I understand it, rather than starting by calling up the Plat ticket holders first as they have at the previous events, they will start with the Gold tickets and do them in number order, then work down the packages and finally the VQ ticket holders.  So for example they will call Gold 1- 30, Gold 1-60 and so on and then it will be All Golds and Silver 1-30 ect.  Platinum holders can join the back of any queue, so we don't need to wait for our numbers to be called.  Now in the 'rules of how this works' section, all the platinums can't turn up and join the queue at once. They only allow a certain number of people in it at the same time in order to keep it manageable, but they are aware we will be wanting to join and will have taken this into account when running the queue's on the day.  It sounds scary, not having a defined space/slot in the queue but they use this system at their other big events where they have far more guests than this and I've never heard any of those top ticket holders say they haven't managed to get the people they want.  I think planning is going to be the key as always.  Do any guests that are only there for 1 day as early as possible so you have time to come back later if needs be, or those who are harder to get like Loo if she's there.  Really we just have to see what happens when we are there but they are very experienced at running the queue's this way.  The main issue will be if Martin and/or Ben do go because everyone will want to be in their queue's, especially Martins but again we can only see what will happen with them.  Luckily the Plat and VIP are the only tickets that have guaranteed access to Ben and Martin if they come, they aren't included in any of the others so hopefully for their queue's they will start with the VIP's and then the Plats.  Everyone else will have to get VQ tickets for them, but until we get confirmation we are guessing.

I hope that made some sort of sense  :smile:

I think I get it yeah lol but looking on the website I can only see how they've done it for the last few years (VIP, plat, gold, silver, VQ tickets) unless I'm being really blind and dumb which is likely haha. I have bugged the Sherlocked team with a few questions as well. Just wanting to know how platinum works really. Last year I bought only VQ tickets for everything and spent like £200 on just the Sunday alone so thought this was better for all 3 days.

Please do ask any questions you have here as well and we will help as best as we can.  It's really the same system, you are correct about the order from the last events, they have just changed the order to make it more efficient.  My impression is that it's to help more people get through the auto lines.  Remember that it's a smaller event as well so there won't be as many tickets on offer as there were at the last 2 events, but I think last time there were occasions when they didn't have as many people in the queue's as they could have as a lot of the platinums where all in queues for different guests.  However they couldn't call the lower packages yet as it was too soon as they knew a lot of plats still hadn't gone through and they didn't want to risk having tons of people all come at the same time.  This way the queues should be decently busy and it will help more people get through and get their autographs whilst still allowing the higher tickets some sort of priority access.  That's just my impression though.

There usually isn't any guest activities on the Friday, it's registering, looking around, an opportunity to buy any 8x10 photo's you want, the Friday party ect.  Of course this year we have the meet and greet with some/a guest but I don't expect any of the auto's or photo's to be done on Friday.  It is expensive, especially if you buy the group/set shoots as well but totally worth it in my opinion.  I still can't believe, even after all this time, that I have pictures of me, with Benedict on the genuine 221B set.  I mean who can say that, how many people can say that a show that means this much to them and that they have managed to get a pic of themselves with one of the main stars on one of the most famous sets?!  I'm still gobsmacked when I see it.