Sherlocked UK 2017

showmasters

It's Sian. I really am going to need a series 4 related thing for signings. Birmingham is turning out pretty much series 4 people.

I'm going to take my Hamlet programme and get it signed.

I may do that as well but I'll have to remember to add it to my list.

Edited by Raylenth

Woo hoo! Excellent news!

I got Siân to sign my Hamlet programme at the time, so I'll have to find something S4 based too. Some Internet furtling required, I think.

I was impressed again by her range when I saw her in the recent BBC drama about the disappearance of Shannon Matthews - you'd barely recognise her as the same person as Eurus and Ophelia, not to mention the other characters she played in Sherlock. Looking forward to meeting her v much. Also: did you see she's there on Friday too? That means at the drinks reception, I hope!

• Like 1

I'm really considering attending my 1st sherlocked event... is it same as showmasters events i.e. Same photo process, same idea with timetables etc.. think this works real well.. x ty in advance.

Yes and no. It's a combination of a convention and the LFCC type set up. It's a bit different to how it was last time so we are still waiting for details of how it will run exactly. There is a combination of different ticket packages, each tier has different things included, for example Platinum, the second highest has 1 auto and 1 standard photo with each guest included in the price, and some prop shoots but the lower packages have less included and the VIP has more. The package details are all listed on the website so have a look through and see which one you think would work for you and please do ask any questions if you would like clarification/further info. They also have weekend and day tickets but they are like the entry tickets to the Showmasters show as they pretty much just get you entry to the event and then you get VQ's for the auto's and pay for any talks and photo's you want on top of that.

Auto's will probably be run in priority order with the high packages going first (Plat and VIP will be classed like the Gold passes and can join the end of queues without a VQ ticket, though we are needing clarification on some things here) and vq tickets last.

Timetables will probably be similar to what you are used to though we have to wait and find out. Last year photo's were divided into package groups and then we went in by package level.

Hope that helps a bit Hanklily, please feel free to ask anything you want and we will try to advise as best we can.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 1

Woo hoo! Excellent news!

I got Siân to sign my Hamlet programme at the time, so I'll have to find something S4 based too. Some Internet furtling required, I think.

I was impressed again by her range when I saw her in the recent BBC drama about the disappearance of Shannon Matthews - you'd barely recognise her as the same person as Eurus and Ophelia, not to mention the other characters she played in Sherlock. Looking forward to meeting her v much. Also: did you see she's there on Friday too? That means at the drinks reception, I hope!

I didn't actually see the Shannon Matthews series so I only have Hamlet and Sherlock to go by but yes she's able to shine in a variety of different roles isn't she. I love our guests so far, and am looking forward to meeting them all.

• Like 1

I'm really considering attending my 1st sherlocked event... is it same as showmasters events i.e. Same photo process, same idea with timetables etc.. think this works real well.. x ty in advance.

Yes and no. It's a combination of a convention and the LFCC type set up. It's a bit different to how it was last time so we are still waiting for details of how it will run exactly. There is a combination of different ticket packages, each tier has different things included, for example Platinum, the second highest has 1 auto and 1 standard photo with each guest included in the price, and some prop shoots but the lower packages have less included and the VIP has more. The package details are all listed on the website so have a look through and see which one you think would work for you and please do ask any questions if you would like clarification/further info. They also have weekend and day tickets but they are like the entry tickets to the Showmasters show as they pretty much just get you entry to the event and then you get VQ's for the auto's and pay for any talks and photo's you want on top of that.

Auto's will probably be run in priority order with the high packages going first (Plat and VIP will be classed like the Gold passes and can join the end of queues without a VQ ticket, though we are needing clarification on some things here) and vq tickets last.

Timetables will probably be similar to what you are used to though we have to wait and find out. Last year photo's were divided into package groups and then we went in by package level.

Hope that helps a bit Hanklily, please feel free to ask anything you want and we will try to advise as best we can.

thank u sir.... Much appreciated. X
  • Like 1

I think I might have to start typing in pink, I don't know how to sound female on screen?

I love handbags (Blatantly false) and kittens (very true) and babies (also false).....

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 2

Just perusing Google Maps and I realised how close Leicester is to Birmingham. Seeing as we can't check into the hotel until 3pm I may consider stopping in to see Richard III's grave as I'll essentially be driving passed.

• Like 1

Car Parking - they replied pretty quickly actually.

Residents staying in the hotel are charged £12.00 from 13.00hrs to 13.00hrs ( extra £5.00 for early and late departures until 16.00hrs )and you pay at the reception desk please give them your car registration number on checkin,

You cannot pre-book any car parking spaces but we do offer vip car parking on the day when you arrive if there is availability to park which is in the front of the hotel for extra £5.00.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 1

Car Parking - they replied pretty quickly actually.

Residents staying in the hotel are charged £12.00 from 13.00hrs to 13.00hrs ( extra £5.00 for early and late departures until 16.00hrs )and you pay at the reception desk please give them your car registration number on checkin,

You cannot pre-book any car parking spaces but we do offer vip car parking on the day when you arrive if there is availability to park which is in the front of the hotel for extra £5.00.

Thanks so much for doing this!

Just perusing Google Maps and I realised how close Leicester is to Birmingham. Seeing as we can't check into the hotel until 3pm I may consider stopping in to see Richard III's grave as I'll essentially be driving passed.

Good to know, thanks for the tip. I'm in Nottingham the weekend before Sherlocked, so rather than going home Monday and returning Friday, I've decided to stay in the UK and am looking for things to do inbetween the weekends.

Good to know, thanks for the tip. I'm in Nottingham the weekend before Sherlocked, so rather than going home Monday and returning Friday, I've decided to stay in the UK and am looking for things to do inbetween the weekends.

How mobile will you be Kyvire, will you have a car or be reliant on public transport?

Thanks, it just means if anyone wants to suggest anywhere else for you it helps to know how hard it would be for you to get there. Do you have any particular things you like to see or do, culture, old buildings, museums ect?

True, sometimes things look really interesting and then you find out public transport in the area is bad or non-existant, that's a letdown for sure.

I'm always interested in history, so yes to old buildings, but a nice nature walk isn't lost on me either.

Raylenth if I were to buy a silver package and was attending only one day, can u get all your photodshoots during one day? Obviously last year they had moriarty one day and Holmes the next (I know they don't include benedict or Martin if they attended) I would possibly attend 2 days but maybe 1 day with family and work commitments and travel from Ireland. Just thinking ahead if I could kill all photos during one day?... Ty. X