Sherlocked UK 2017

showmasters

I finally called the hotel to add the third night of the con to my booking, but no luck - bookings can't be amended in any way, even this, so I couldn't add the Sunday night, and if I want to book it separately I can't get the discount because that only applies to a 2-night minimum stay, and even if I do book it and pay more, they can't guarantee I won't have to move rooms, which would be impossible to do during the day while I'm at the con. Worth knowing if your plans expand in the run up.

I had to speak to reservations in America rather than the hotel itself so they didn't know about parking. When I have time I will see if I can get through to the hotel directly to get an answer about reserving spaces.

I finally called the hotel to add the third night of the con to my booking, but no luck - bookings can't be amended in any way, even this, so I couldn't add the Sunday night, and if I want to book it separately I can't get the discount because that only applies to a 2-night minimum stay, and even if I do book it and pay more, they can't guarantee I won't have to move rooms, which would be impossible to do during the day while I'm at the con. Worth knowing if your plans expand in the run up.

I had to speak to reservations in America rather than the hotel itself so they didn't know about parking. When I have time I will see if I can get through to the hotel directly to get an answer about reserving spaces.

Oh, that's a shame. I was thinking about trying to save money and cancelling one night, Good to know that's not possible.

Thank Pink, that's a bit rubbish though, I really can't believe they would be that inflexible - that's totally stupid from a business perspective, you want to give them more money! Maybe drop the office an email and see if they can speak to the hotel as I can't believe they won't let you extend your booking, and as you say this may affect other people.

There's actually wording in the T's & C's of the booking acknowledgement email that suggests to me it can be changed:

"If you need to MODIFY or CANCEL your reservation, click here.

Any change to the arrival date, departure date or room type of this reservation is subject to the hotel's availability at the time the change is requested and may result in a possible rate change or an additional fee. For example, shortening or lengthening your reservation is subject to availability and may not be possible at a later date. For more information, please click here to see all the rules and restrictions applicable to this reservation."

So as long as they have availability they should allow you to extend it otherwise they are breaking their own terms. They may charge you extra for it but shouldn't say outright that you can't. Maybe if you get through to the hotel themselves discuss it with them.

• Like 1

I've asked Mark to check, so hopefully things are on the way already.

The only Thing I can think of is that the central Hotline has no idea of what the package contains. That happened with one of the Chevrons too - I want to say it was the Radisson Edwardian in Heathrow.

• Like 1

I've asked Mark to check, so hopefully things are on the way already.

The only Thing I can think of is that the central Hotline has no idea of what the package contains. That happened with one of the Chevrons too - I want to say it was the Radisson Edwardian in Heathrow.

Yet again you prove yourself to be an angel in human form. That list of drinks you are owed just grew by one.

I tried my best to explain what the con was about, but to no avail. I actually called the hotel directly and explained what I was asking to the operator there, but she just put me through to central reservations. You are probably exactly right about why they said no.

I can't remember and the website doesn't say, as far as I can see, but regarding photoshoots do we think that we will be back to the standard convention format of doing it in package order or are we getting assigned days again (I presume not as the current guest list aren't assigned set days?

I can't remember and the website doesn't say, as far as I can see, but regarding photoshoots do we think that we will be back to the standard convention format of doing it in package order or are we getting assigned days again (I presume not as the current guest list aren't assigned set days?

I am expecting package order (basically same System as the Chevron where they had two photo Areas running). I am personally expecting 2 photo Areas. But nothing has been confirmed so far, no.

I have every single thing crossed that this announcement is Martin, even more so as its my birthday the day of the announcement and it's a big one so Martin would just be an epic birthday present!!!

We would of course love it to be Castle but I think it's best to assume it won't be. I think if it were they would have said that it was a 'big' guest announcement, also I think it's too early. If Martin does come, like with Benedict at past events he won't confirm until much nearer the time when he knows his schedule is free enough.

Still, who really knows? Except Showmasters. And the guest. And their agents. So no one really!

• Like 1

On the "ever hopeful it's Martin' front... They did post about a big guest announcement for England on FB back at the beginning of February that never quite materialized. In the comments they said they were just waiting for finalization of the contracts. If that was related to this guest announcement, then it MIGHT be someone as big as Martin.

• Like 2

On the "ever hopeful it's Martin' front... They did post about a big guest announcement for England on FB back at the beginning of February that never quite materialized. In the comments they said they were just waiting for finalization of the contracts. If that was related to this guest announcement, then it MIGHT be someone as big as Martin.

Ohhh yes! Well remembered JHW. I may just sqeee myself into a pile of mush if it ever happened. I'll NEVER really be blasè about Benedict appearing but if Martin does go I may be a bit Benedict who? Yeah been there, met him.... (not really but you know what I mean)

• Like 1

Ohhh yes! Well remembered JHW. I may just sqeee myself into a pile of mush if it ever happened. I'll NEVER really be blasè about Benedict appearing but if Martin does go I may be a bit Benedict who? Yeah been there, met him.... (not really but you know what I mean)

I know exactly what you mean! Meeting Ben has been such a HUUUGE highlight for me each time it's happened, and completely unbelievable; but he somehow seems more accessible than Martin, who's much more remote. I've been a fan of his for such a long time (since Bruiser, which I realise is a niche reference!) that it would be like seeing a golden eagle in the garden, or something!

• Like 1

I know exactly what you mean! Meeting Ben has been such a HUUUGE highlight for me each time it's happened, and completely unbelievable; but he somehow seems more accessible than Martin, who's much more remote. I've been a fan of his for such a long time (since Bruiser, which I realise is a niche reference!) that it would be like seeing a golden eagle in the garden, or something!

Martin was absolutely lovely at stage door for Richard III, but I really want a chance at a photo op with him. And as for meeting Benedict, he was great at the last Sherlocked (even when my darling husband spent all our time with him at the autographs asking him to convince Martin to do the next convention.)

• Like 2

I'm sure you will be ok hotel wise, that's a really stupid attitude that they have taken and I think it's down to you speaking to some central people rather than the hotel directly. I read all the terms and nothing says you can't extend it, just that you might incur a fee/higher rate. The only thing that would prevent you booking an extra night is if the hotel is full which it obviously isn't.

I'm sure once the office have spoken to their contact at the hotel directly about this they will sort it out.

• Like 1