Sherlocked UK 2017

showmasters

Anyone know if it's possible to book a parking space at the hotel or do you just turn up and hope? (I can't see anything on the website)

*sighs* No, Raylenth, you can't go stalking Ben and Martin in the car park if they're confirmed. :P

Edited by wjbleming
  • Like 2

I have now booked a hotel room! Yay.

Anyone know if it's possible to book a parking space at the hotel or do you just turn up and hope? (I can't see anything on the website)

Yay for booking a room!

And: I haven't looked into the parking much yet, but I think just turning up is most likely. I have to call them to add a third night to my stay, so I will ask then and can report back here for others of you who will be driving.

• Like 1

And: I haven't looked into the parking much yet, but I think just turning up is most likely. I have to call them to add a third night to my stay, so I will ask then and can report back here for others of you who will be driving.

All I saw on the site was that you can't get the residents rate for the day you check out, so if like me you are currently checking out Sunday morning it'll be the more expensive rate for parking there that day.

Edited by Raylenth

Many thanks TPL!

I know you all suggested this before but, yes, it would be great if we could all arrange some meetups over the weekend if possible, dinner/parties/ect.

I'm definitely up for meetups during the weekend!

• Like 1

All I saw on the site was that you can't get the residents rate for the day you check out, so if like me you are currently checking out Sunday morning it'll be the more expensive rate for parking there that day.

I am not sure if it's changed but it used to be that parking charges were from 1pm to 1pm (irrespective of whether you arrived later) and they charged a set amount if leaving after 1pm and up to 4pm and then another amount after that. I can't remember what it was (but slightly less than having to pay a full non resident charge for 24 hours). I have to say that I find their charges exorbitant and off putting, but I don't think that the local alternatives are any better :(

Completely forgot to say that as I got into London early on Saturday for The Boys In The Band I wandered around Forbidden Planet and looked through all the posters to see if they had any S4 ones. Unfortunately they only had the poster version of this one sherlock.jpg

They did have a few others but nothing you can't get anywhere else, the Victorian one with BC seated and MF standing, a Moriarty one and a generic Sherlock one that isn't really for any season.

Many thanks TPL!

I know you all suggested this before but, yes, it would be great if we could all arrange some meetups over the weekend if possible, dinner/parties/ect.

I'm definitely up for meetups during the weekend!

Include me in!

I am certainly up for a wee meet! great idea for solo travellers :dance:

• 2 weeks later...

Aww Baby Holmes family are coming. I wonder if they will be added to the group Photo shoot for the Platinum package holders.

Not sure what I think about that to be honest, I know SM will make sure they are looked after, safe and comfortable at all times but Tom and Indica in particular are very young.

• Like 1

Yes, I do wonder how they'll cope, and I feel a bit squeamish about doing photos/ autos with minors. I've not taken the opportunity to meet Louis so far, for the same reasons. It just feels a bit off. I realise that might just be me, though!

No me as well. I didn't meet Louis at the first event for that very reason, though I did get his auto at the last one - He was older then and I felt a bit more comfortable as with the desk there, there is a physical barrier between him and us so it felt less awkward. I didn't get a picture though.

I know from photo shoots that they had last year at LFCC with a young actress that SM insisted on a different set up - the actress and attendee were both seated and the seats were spaced out a little so that there was no physical contact t all. Presumably if the kids are doing photo's at Sherlocked they will have the same set up as well, and I'm sure their parents will be monitoring it all as well.

I think once they have announced what activities the children will be involved with I'll have to have a good think about it.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 1

I forgot to ask Pink Lady, did you get a chance to ask about parking at the hotel?

I got this today when I popped into Forbidden Planet, I'm sure they didn't have it when I looked last time. I know I don't really need it as I've got a poster on the go, but I thought 'you never know'.

20170303_184655.jpg

• Like 2

I forgot to ask Pink Lady, did you get a chance to ask about parking at the hotel?

I got this today when I popped into Forbidden Planet, I'm sure they didn't have it when I looked last time. I know I don't really need it as I've got a poster on the go, but I thought 'you never know'.

20170303_184655.jpg

Damn, I keep forgetting to call them to book my extra night! I will do it this weekend and let you know. Promise.

• Like 1

That is a most terrible use for your brand new Doc Strange steel book, little miss Ray Ray! :(

I don't actually own a Blu Ray player yet so it's effectively just a paperweight at the moment anyway :whistling:

Damn, I keep forgetting to call them to book my extra night! I will do it this weekend and let you know. Promise.

Lol It should be ok but if they were to announce BC or MF I think the rooms would get booked out quickly!

• Like 1

Yeah, getting safely home not having expected to have to transport something like that would be scary. I hope they have something like that as Sherlocked though with that many fans in one place I bet it's go for loads.