Anyone going alone

IrishTwilighter

I'm not going alone this time, I'm meeting up with someone I met here on the forums (and then met in person for the first time at the first Sherlocked in London.)

But the first Sherlocked, I flew to London by myself for it. And it was fantastic! Book your flight and come over!

I usually travel to cons by myself mostly because I've been going to more U.K. cons than U.S. cons lately but, depending on the con, I'll meet up with folks I know from previous ones. My very first U.K. con was one of the SM/ME Hubs and I brought my best friend with me but all of them since I've traveled alone.

Irishtwighter, if you don't want to hangout at the convention by yourself the easiest thing to do is make friends here on the forum (or FB if you're willing to wade through the sludge over there). It's kinda quite on here now but the closer it gets to the event traffic should pick up.

So grab a ticket, hop a flight and come join the fun!

• 4 months later...

As of right now I am going to the convention alone but my aunt is coming to LA with me (we're going to universal for a few days after the con)

I have done conventions alone in the past but I also like sharing the experience with others. But I have made some really good friends form going to Conventions alone.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wizarding World is really cool, I've been in fall. The crowds can be insane though. Try to arrive early. We were there at opening and got a good look around. Later it got that crowded that Honeyduke's switched to a one in one out system.

• Like 1

On 2017-05-16 at 4:36 PM, Queen_Sindel said:

Wizarding World is really cool, I've been in fall. The crowds can be insane though. Try to arrive early. We were there at opening and got a good look around. Later it got that crowded that Honeyduke's switched to a one in one out system.

Thank you. We're staying on property so we get in I think an hour early so we're going to Wizarding World 1st.

oh and my Aunt is going to be a volunteer t the convention. She's excited she won't have to sit in the room all day while I am at the convention lol