Daylight - Chief Dennis Wilson
Eraser - J. Scar
The Shawshank Redemption - Bogs Diamond
Body of Evidence - Detective Reese
RoboCop 2 - Stef
Prancer - Herb Drier
Lethal Weapon 2 - Hans
The Fourth Protocol - Russian Decoder
Young Justice (TV series) - Lex Luthor / L-3 (4 episodes, 2010-2012)
Supernatural (TV series) - Alastair (2 episodes, 2008)
CSI: Miami (TV series) - FBI Agent Glen Cole (3 episodes, 2006-2007)
Cold Case (TV series) - Ari Gordon (4 episodes, 2007)
Star Trek: Enterprise (TV series) - Captain Magh / Kuroda Lor-ehn (2 episodes, 2003-2004)
24 (TV series) - Bruce Foxton (2 episodes, 2004)
The Shield (TV series) - Gordie Liman (5 episodes, 2003)
Alias (TV series) - Seth Lambert (1 episode, 2001)
Dark Angel (TV series) - Herman Colberg (1 episode, 2001)
Angel (TV series) - Boone (1 episode, 2001)
The X-Files (TV series) - Bud LaPierre / Richard Odin (2 episodes, 1994-2000)
Profiler (TV series) - Donald Lucas (7 episodes, 1998-1999)
From the Earth to the Moon (TV mini-series) - Gus Grissom (3 episodes, 1998)
Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman (TV series) - Gregor (1 episode, 1995)
Babylon 5 (TV series) - Karl Mueller (1 episode, 1994)
Star Trek: The Next Generation (TV series) - Lt. Walter Pierce (1 episode, 1994)

http://imdb.com/name/nm0001679/

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Such a Fantastic Guest and only realised Yesterday at the Aliens Talk...that I recognised this guys face and voice...and i'm like... that looks like Bogs??? surely not.... then I check online and there it is.... Shawshank Redemption ....Anyone who is a movie lover of ANY genre has seen The Shawshank Redemption....for those who haven't "GET IT WATCHED"  Can't believe I only recognised him at the Talk yesterday...because I would have never known otherwise.... Now searching the House for my Shawshank dvd to get signed to day.... A Movie that is easily in 90% of the Country's if not the Worlds Top 7 Movies of ALL Time....and instead of it Reading as Aliens & Star Trek on the show masters web site... it should have been "Aliens & Shawshank" MASSIVE Blunder ... Because I for one just look at the Pictures and the movies related by show masters...its NOT all the time I go into the imdb for more information....so am thinking here we go yet more Sci Fi guests and yesterday was the quietest I have ever seen that place... which to be fair was Great for a change instead of the cant get moving usual stuff... however I do expect it to be a little bit busier to day...then again I hope not... as this maybe the Key factor for show masters to eventually Look at the Glasgow show & others for that matter instead of putting EVERYTHING into the London show...then look like their not that fussed about the others.... Because looking from the outside...that's certainly what it looks like is happening.... 

4 hours ago, 8ballarmy said:

Such a Fantastic Guest and only realised Yesterday at the Aliens Talk...that I recognised this guys face and voice...and i'm like... that looks like Bogs??? surely not.... then I check online and there it is.... Shawshank Redemption ....Anyone who is a movie lover of ANY genre has seen The Shawshank Redemption....for those who haven't "GET IT WATCHED"  Can't believe I only recognised him at the Talk yesterday...because I would have never known otherwise.... Now searching the House for my Shawshank dvd to get signed to day.... A Movie that is easily in 90% of the Country's if not the Worlds Top 7 Movies of ALL Time....and instead of it Reading as Aliens & Star Trek on the show masters web site... it should have been "Aliens & Shawshank" MASSIVE Blunder ... Because I for one just look at the Pictures and the movies related by show masters...its NOT all the time I go into the imdb for more information....so am thinking here we go yet more Sci Fi guests and yesterday was the quietest I have ever seen that place... which to be fair was Great for a change instead of the cant get moving usual stuff... however I do expect it to be a little bit busier to day...then again I hope not... as this maybe the Key factor for show masters to eventually Look at the Glasgow show & others for that matter instead of putting EVERYTHING into the London show...then look like their not that fussed about the others.... Because looking from the outside...that's certainly what it looks like is happening.... 

They can't list all the works of each guest and generally use the ones they are most know for, for obvious reasons.  It only takes a second to check each guests IMDB page and is advisable for that very reason.

• Like 1

Imdb ALL guests before an event. It takes seconds! It's not hard too put a tiny bit of effort in.

Mark was also in the classic Hard Rain - where they did it all for real before CGI ruined disaster films.  He is awesome to chat with as he has had such a varied and extensive career. Fun guy, enjoying his con life. He also took a photo of the crowd at the packed Aliens talk. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/realmarkrolston/status/898889804565413890

If you were there, You may be in his photo. Standing room only as it packed out.

• Like 1

Yeah, it seemed that everybody went for Aliens, but I chose a Shawshank redemption picture and he was like "aaah finally someone who got taste!"! Made me laugh, I'm a massive shawshank redemption fan, so I was glad to hear he liked the movie too :P Got to talk about my props a bit with him haha Great guy!!

• Like 2

He was pleased when I presented a "From the Earth to the Moon" box set for him to sign (he played Gus Grissom).

He said that it was something he urged his dad to watch as he knew he would like it.

17 hours ago, EmmainCandyland said:

Yeah, it seemed that everybody went for Aliens, but I chose a Shawshank redemption picture and he was like "aaah finally someone who got taste!"! Made me laugh, I'm a massive shawshank redemption fan, so I was glad to hear he liked the movie too :P Got to talk about my props a bit with him haha Great guy!!

I'm pretty sure I was sat next to you at the aliens talk on saturday. The facehugger looked great BTW :)

On 20/08/2017 at 7:28 AM, Raylenth said:

They can't list all the works of each guest and generally use the ones they are most know for, for obvious reasons.  It only takes a second to check each guests IMDB page and is advisable for that very reason.

I'm NOT asking them to List ALL the Works... How can one Miss out the #1 Movie of ALL Time... it doesn't make sense... Some guests need NO Introduction.. Others do.... Mark was one that should have been looked at.... a mean He's been Loads... even the departed.... He Played a Great Role in the Shawshank Redemption...its not like he was a Stuntman in 33... and not everyone checks IMDB - Just saying. 

• Moderators

It's all down to personal opinion. Clearly you wanted to meet him for it. Many wouldn't have. It's not like Shawshank has a huge following of collectors etc. Makes sense to me to advertise as Aliens and Star Trek to a convention audience.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 8ballarmy said:

How can one Miss out the #1 Movie of ALL Time..

Whilst is does rightly deserve it's place in film rankings, this is your opinion.  SM will always pick the identifiers that they think will attract the attention of the majority of attendees.  If people don't check IMDB when guests are announced to see if they may have been in something they love that is their choice and their issue if they then miss something.

• Like 1

Where are you lot getting facehuggers these days haha Always suprised they dont sell them at cons with Aiens guests. 

Or they sell out instantly.

Mark is in Newcastle in a few month's.... If I go I may be tempted to say Hello all over again. I could chat for hours with him haha 

7 hours ago, RomeroSavini said:

Where are you lot getting facehuggers these days haha Always suprised they dont sell them at cons with Aiens guests. 

Or they sell out instantly.

Mark is in Newcastle in a few month's.... If I go I may be tempted to say Hello all over again. I could chat for hours with him haha 

Well mine is a really old one made in the 90s! I think 1992 actually... The most accurate in my opinion! It was made by Halcyon :)

• Like 2