The Chat Thread

Raylenth

12 hours ago, RoryMcGarrett said:

it's me. i am the announcement.

It better not be someone i want to meet as i am planning to spend lots of money to go to Linkin Park gig

I'll definitely want a photoshoot!

Not sure about the auto though. Do you personalize?

Just flipping around the channels and I accidentally stopped on one of the Channel 4 channels and they had Battleship on.  I think I can honestly say that this is one of the few times I can say that the existence of a film actually slightly enrages me.  Whoever suggested this as a concept and whoever green lit it should be forced to have it etched on their gravestones.  

10 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Just flipping around the channels and I accidentally stopped on one of the Channel 4 channels and they had Battleship on.  I think I can honestly say that this is one of the few times I can say that the existence of a film actually slightly enrages me.  Whoever suggested this as a concept and whoever green lit it should be forced to have it etched on their gravestones.  

It was made as part of an attempt to turn well loved board games into films. It didn't work. For a start it has aliens in it, which was not part of the game, but aside form that it was just a terrible movie. I had heard about ideas for at least a Monopoly movie as well. As far as I know that hasn't been cancelled, but I've not heard about it for quite a while so wouldn't be surprised if it was. It sucks that every movie being made these days has to be based on something that already exists and just makes me wonder what will be next?! I mean, we already have an emoji movie on the way!

Edited by Wrong Name

16 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

6 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

It was made as part of an attempt to turn well loved board games into films. It didn't work. For a start it has aliens in it, which was not part of the game, but aside form that it was just a terrible movie. I had heard about ideas for at least a Monopoly movie as well. As far as I know that hasn't been cancelled, but I've not heard about it for quite a while so wouldn't be surprised if it was. It sucks that every movie being made these days has to be based on something that already exists and just makes me wonder what will be next?! I mean, we already have an emoji movie on the way!

Knew there was a reason I've had it sitting in a drawer for the last 5 years... unopened. lol

EDIT: a frickin Monopoly movie!?

Edited by wjbleming

Lol.  Most of the game based films at least have some sense of plot but yeah, you cannot make a film out a board game.  None of them have enough of a workable concept to build a film on.  I know Mousetrap was made into a successful play but that must be the exception.

The next one will be Hungry Hippo's or something.

4 hours ago, mpharris said:

Can't tell if you're joking or not?

Only decent board game to film is Clue (Cluedo).

Ahh you are correct.  I'v no idea why I thought it was based on the game, someone must have said it and it stuck in my mind.

1 hour ago, Raylenth said:

Ahh you are correct.  I'v no idea why I thought it was based on the game, someone must have said it and it stuck in my mind.

I've just got visions of the board game being enacted on stage as part of the murder mystery now. "He was killed when the diver dived into the pool causing the cage to fall on top of him".

• Like 2

16 hours ago, wjbleming said:

Knew there was a reason I've had it sitting in a drawer for the last 5 years... unopened. lol

EDIT: a frickin Monopoly movie!?

I never understood why Hollyweird tried so hard to make Taylor Kitsch a film star!