Thank you to SM Crew.

I would like to say a Big Massive Thank you to the Photo shoot Crew...

Today I started by getting up at 4.30 to catch my 07.30 Train from London to Cardiff, expecting to arrive around 1055hrs. I had 5 photo shoots starting from 1145 so plenty of time.

However my Cattle transport had a points failure followed by delay after delay, I reached Cardiff at 1215hrs and missed all my photo shoots except for one, which the crew were holding him back.

I was approached by the Red Shirt crew member who asked what happened as they were aware I missed my photoshoots. I explained the Cattle Train was delayed and showed them my train details... The Red shirt crew member said follow me, She took me downstairs to the guests area and arranged with the guests if they were able to do a Re shoot later. Three out of four were all for it.

Also one of the guests, (which I will not name as I don't wish to get the guest in trouble) On hearing my long delay took a photo from the table and signed it for me and handed it to me..) WOW Beat that.

In the end, I only lost out on one guest. Cardiff is a great city and a great venue.

Once again a Massive Thank you to the crew who went above their duty to help me, I really expected to lose the photo shoots as per SM Policy.

THANKS AGAIN :smile:

The Redshirt was Dawn who organised it all - and though I was only the tiniest part of the whole thing (Oliver Smith's guest assistant), I'm glad we could organise it for you... Thought I recognised you!

Edited by ptenbob
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'd also like to say thanks to Deryn, who was in charge of the photo-shoot queue on the Saturday. Very friendly, chatty & extremely well organised, she made the queueing process far more tolerable than usual. Oh, & if she sees this - I picked up the book you recommended to me & you were right, its an excellent read! Cheers, Deryn; & never forget you're Welsh!!!