My Guest Photos! :)

Hi guys.

I attended for one day (Sunday) and managed to cram-in every photo session I wanted.... just! It was my first such event. My mind was (**is**) well and truly blown.

Below is the link to my photos on YouTube. The video came out pretty epic, I have to say!

For me, undoubtedly, the highlight of the day was meeting ALICE KRIGE. Yes, I would rate her higher than all the other guests. As my favourite Star Trek villain, I was looking forward to getting a photo with her. However, three of my sessions clashed, and I was gutted to find that I'd just missed her. Being on crutches doesn't help either, when you're rushing around in a panic.

I informed the staff. Best they could offer was a complimentary autograph from Alice later that day. I took it, even though autographs are not really my thing. For me, it was all about the photos. So, when it came my turn to ask Alice for an autograph, I cheekily asked if she'd mind standing with me for a selfie. But when she learned that I'd missed out on a proper shoot, she summoned a member of the crew, there and then, and asked that a private session be arranged at the end! Yes, to my utter shock and surprise, Alice Krige insisted on meeting me afterwards to get that photo I so wanted. She even signed it for me!

For that act of kindness, she's earned a special place in my heart. I'll happily tell this story to any new Trekkie I meet!

Best wishes, all. Hope the day went as well for you as it did for me.

- Richard Murtagh ("Ensign Dickie")

• Like 11