How it go with autographs?

Danny1

Hi all.

I'm getting ready to go tomorrow, off to bed now for early start in morning.

How did it go today, was everyone able to get autographs what they want? How was it for Wil Wheaton's line for autograph?

Sorry to ask, I'm so excited!!

Daniel.

• Like 1

I got most of my autographs on Friday evening which I managed without much trouble at all, don't know if I got lucky with Christopher Lloyd or not but I was pretty much able to walk straight up to him with only a few people in front of me. The only one I got today was Wil Wheaton, I think he'd done quite a lot of other stuff today, talks, photos etc so I'm not sure how much he was at his signing desk. I went over to his desk mid-late afternoon and was able to use my commander pass to join the back of his queue, it was quite long but it moved quite quickly. Not sure what number he got to with VTs though.

My family and I left at 4.30 today because we were told that we had no chance of getting George Takei or Wil Wheaton with ticket numbers around the 200 mark, and we'd been there since 9 this morning. We were literally told to "go away" and not bother coming back, and so we were very disappointed, especially since those were the only two autographs we wanted and we'd travelled from Bournemouth to get them.

It might be totally different tomorrow though! Just be prepared for that possibility if you don't have a pass and be ready for long queues. :smile:

I hope you get everything you want! :smile:

We got there at 7.15am today and got Wil's auto by 9.30am as we were amongst the first few dozen people in and got VQ number 6. George spent pretty much the whole afternoon today in prop shoots and his talk leaving a massive queue for his auto by late afternoon. Luckily we got him yesterday pretty easily. So my advice is get there super early and go straight to get your VQ as they are spending a lot of the day away from the auto tables.

I was amazed to get through the doors at 2pm on Saturday and get single figure vt's for everyone I wanted, seems having the signing section where it was threw everyone, as I was expecting a long wait or only an outside chance of Christopher Lloyd, but got him within 1st half hour of show opening. Same as today I was early 10's for Wil Wheaton. Just couldn't believe my luck truth be told

Edited by Mfahey79

My suggestion is to get the VQs as soon as you walk through the door.

Neither George nor Wil seemed to be the quickest signers (really nice blokes though), and they are also extreamly popular for photos/talks which means extended time away from the desk.

Based on yesterday the busiest guests were in the middle third of the signing area. Shatner, Lloyd, Takei, Koening, McNeil, Sirtis, Wheaton and McFadden. The signing area is on the right hand wall as you go in through the main entrance. Don't forget you have to buy 10x8s for signing if you don't have your own item/photo to get signed. I think that stall was behind the official merchandise stall if memory serves. They have a half decent selection and some nice enlargements, all Star Trek shots apart from a couple of Grunnberg TFA shots. Its understaffed though so paying is a bit of a scrum, think it was 4 10x8s for a tenner.

got everyone i wanted. pleased i took my own photos as there none on the tables in front of the guests, i wanted Wil Wheaton on 'stand by me'. A friend of mone wanted Shatner on TJ Hooker as well as Star trek.only one dealer ( as far as i'm aware) selling photos and they were all Star trek.

• Like 1

Enjoyed the day and got all the autographs i wanted. Didn't have to wait very long for any of them. The longest was Wil Wheaton. Would have Liked to got Adam Nimoy. Luckily got Shatner, Lloyd and the main ones before. All of them were nice and showed interested in us. Looking forward to next year if there is one.

Edited by Kevkernow

got everyone i wanted. pleased i took my own photos as there none on the tables in front of the guests, i wanted Wil Wheaton on 'stand by me'. A friend of mone wanted Shatner on TJ Hooker as well as Star trek.only one dealer ( as far as i'm aware) selling photos and they were all Star trek.

Yes I had this problem too. Thankfully I had got a TJ Hooker photo with me to get signed. Unfortunately I had none of BBT for Wil Wheaton or Buffy for Armin Shimmerman. I know it is a Star Trek convention but still think SM missed out on autograph sales by not having a small selection of photos from other tv and films.

Edited by Tony1975

Hi all.

Got up at 5.45am, had a shower and shave, put clothes on, fed my cat Seven, left my house at 6.15am, drove on M40/M42, arrived at NEC at 8am.

Got in the queue for five minutes to be hand stamped.

Then in the queue outside the entrance, I was a few people behind the front so all good.

Waited for a hour, playing game on iPhone.

Entrance opened, there was a mad dash toward autograph area to get V.Q, I got pushed around which was annoying, mad scraming getting the tickets, took my time walking toward Wil Wheaton and got a ticket number 19, yay!!

I hang around and looking, not much dealer's tables, why fudge stall in Star Trek God know.

Not much on sale, got a tribbles for Seven to play with.

Went to a cafe, got a full English breakfast, it was alright and small but very expensive IMO. I should know, I'm a tradesman

Went to photos stall and bought Wil photo and a few other.

Then off to photo area A for photo shoot with Wil, had my shoot and got a photo yay! He seem a nice bloke and understand little BSL/ASL which was cool!

Then got in the queue for his autograph which was a while as he was still in photo shoot, I'm not too bothered about it , just take it time.

Got his autograph yay! It was about 11.35am I got it.

Hang around a little longer but most sale stuff has gone, tribbles selling very quickly.

Left for home about 12.10pm as there wasn't much to look, and I already got all of the Star Trek stars except Nimoy which was a shame.

I'm happy I got a autograph and a photoshop with Wil Wheaton, I want to say many thanks to who advised me above and a very kind crew member who look after me at photo shoot A, big thanks to her.

Daniel.

Wil Wheaton was the most important one on Saturday, so as soon as I got in there I made a beeline for his desk and got VQT 116 (considering how far back I was in the entrance queue, I was very happy with this). Good thing too as I didn't get to see him until mid-afternoon or so. Otherwise managed to get most of my autos on Friday. Glad you got to see Wil OK, Danny1.

I didn't buy any packages, I couldn't justify the expense considering I had bought Gold and Diamond Passes at LFCC only a few months ago. I was happy with the three day pass I bought and managed to meet all 15 guests I wanted to, attended all 16 photoshoots within the weekend as well as attending a few paid talks.

Overall I was happy with the weekend in terms of guests/photoshoots/talks available & managed to get William Shatner, Christopher Lloyd and George Takei's autographs on the Friday. The only issue I encountered was on Saturday in getting Wil Wheaton's autograph - I got an early VQ ticket in the 20's however as he was busy a lot of the day with various photoshoots I didn't get it until late Saturday afternoon.

Yes I had this problem too. Thankfully I had got a TJ Hooker photo with me to get signed. Unfortunately I had none of BBT for Wil Wheaton or Buffy for Armin Shimmerman. I know it is a Star Trek convention but still think SM missed out on autograph sales by not having a small selection of photos from other tv and films.

The SM stall that was selling prints was selling them for other shows as well as Star Trek.

I wanted to get my classic bridge figure set signed by Shatner,Takei and Koenig on the Friday and really pleased I managed it. After relatively short queuing for George and Walter- who were both lovely. A sit down and chat with Walter which was relaxed and welcoming and a chat with George and hubby Brad who was equally friendly.We shared pleasantries and handshakes as my other half and I this week also shared an 8th Wedding Anniversary as George and Brad had done just recently. Due to Shatners limited signing time,I was initially told there would be no chance Friday to meet him so I was pleasantly surprised I was able to join the queue at 5.30 or so and flew down the queue to meet the Shatner.He really does get through the signings so fast but managed a few words which was great. Extremely pleased to have got all three signatures as planned with some ease.

I wanted to get my classic bridge figure set signed by Shatner,Takei and Koenig on the Friday and really pleased I managed it. After relatively short queuing for George and Walter- who were both lovely. A sit down and chat with Walter which was relaxed and welcoming and a chat with George and hubby Brad who was equally friendly.We shared pleasantries and handshakes as my other half and I this week also shared an 8th Wedding Anniversary as George and Brad had done just recently. Due to Shatners limited signing time,I was initially told there would be no chance Friday to meet him so I was pleasantly surprised I was able to join the queue at 5.30 or so and flew down the queue to meet the Shatner.He really does get through the signings so fast but managed a few words which was great. Extremely pleased to have got all three signatures as planned with some ease.

Glad to hear you got Shatner signature afterwards on Friday. I was behind you in the George Takei queue & two behind you in the Walter queue..

Got mine all on Friday as well without any problems, including Marina Sirtis who was the star of the show for me, we chatted about football although I did get a disapproving look when she was signing when I said I was an Arsenal Fan but she was so down to Earth and fun to chat with

Edited by Jabberwocky50

I only went on Sunday, and managed to get all the Autos I wanted except for one. I queued for Chase Masterson I was third in the queue. The person at the front wasn't moving and chatted to Chase for 20 minutes. The queue built up and still they chatted. No one moved the guy on.. I got fed up as I still needed to get another Auto so I walked out of the queue and walked over to another guest and got is Auto and the that guy was still chatting to Chase.. It was very late and feel sorry for the people at the back of the queue if they were able to get their Autographs. Some people are very selfish. :no:

I only went on Sunday, and managed to get all the Autos I wanted except for one. I queued for Chase Masterson I was third in the queue. The person at the front wasn't moving and chatted to Chase for 20 minutes. The queue built up and still they chatted. No one moved the guy on.. I got fed up as I still needed to get another Auto so I walked out of the queue and walked over to another guest and got is Auto and the that guy was still chatting to Chase.. It was very late and feel sorry for the people at the back of the queue if they were able to get their Autographs. Some people are very selfish. :no:

When I was waiting in the queue for Terry's autograph I was told that the people at the front of the queue were allowed to chat to the guests for 15 - 20 minutes each because they had some kind of ticket or package that gave them that opportunity. So everyone with an ordinary virtual ticket (including me) just had to stand and wait.....and wait......and wait. There were about 60 people behind me and it was 5.30pm. I was near the front and I was the first person with a normal ticket and I wonder now if Terry knew that because I tried to make my 'meet and greet' very brief so that the people behind had a chance to see her, but when I asked Terry a question (a compliment really) she answered me in such a loving way and kept the conversation going. She was so kind, but I knew there were other people waiting and it was almost 6pm, so after a bit I kindly stepped back and in a sense gave her the cue that perhaps she might move onto the next person, because I only had a normal virtual ticket and I did not want to take advantage of the moment, but even when I stepped back, she was still smiling and talking to me. In the end she smiled and clasped her hands together and gave me a bow. What a wonderful woman. I could have stayed but I had to do the decent thing and step back. Alexander was next to her and I could see he was also being very kind and taking a long time with each guest as well. I personally think the guests are quite happy to chat to the people and try to honestly get to know each one personally because I'm sure they want to gain something from the experience as we do, before they have to travel all the way back to America. I think it really depends on the individual guests. Some like to make it short and sweet, and others love to chat for a long time and get to know each of us.

Edited by Aaron2029
  • Like 1

The SM stall that was selling prints was selling them for other shows as well as Star Trek.

I must have missed them which was quite easy to do with how busy it was at the stall. Would have been better imo if they had each guests photos at their table so you could pay for it and autograph at the same time.