27th July Meet Up?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello my lovelies :)

After much deliberation regarding the Thursday during the day I have made a decision.

Originally the thought months ago was to do a scavenger hunt but unfortunately there wasn't enough people to form adequate teams to get the full experience. The replies I got last week regarding times that people are arriving made my mind up that there isn't going to be a meet-up during the day, just an evening thing.

That being said, John1980 and I are meeting at 12pm in front of the London eye if anyone is free and wants to join us. My hope is that Showmasters announce pass pick-up times for the Thursday like they did last year. However it took quite a while for the pick-up process last year and I felt slightly harassed at how short of time we were after our late afternoon jaunt around London. Also on a personal note this will be the first time I'll be meeting my beau in almost 5 months and want a nice wee quiet moment before the craziness of the con commences.... I love you guys...but I love him more ;)

But the Thursday evening is all set!

It is being held once again in the Crown and Sceptre at 7pm. We have use of the cellar room which holds up to 50 people, plenty of room so invite your friends! :D

I need to know about 2 weeks in advance who is wanting food. Just so I can let the C&S know if it looks like there will be a large food order. Please either tell me via this thread or on Facebook if you have me :)

I just feel it's really good that we can have our own private safe space to be free to geek out without fear of persecution :P I'm thinking of bringing cards against humanity to play and trying to think of other wee party/fun things. Regarding music, it will either be just what the pub are playing or I borrow their soundbar and you can listen to my very eclectic choice of music.

So looking forward to seeing all your lovely happy faces once again :D x

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...