27th July Meet Up?

Im also tee total, however i still enjoy chilling in a pub chatting all stuff geek... And when the rest of you start having one too many it may be even easier to win any geek arguments :P so sounds good lol

I'm guessing you've not done that too often as there is no way it's easier to win an argument with a drunk person than a sober one! Their reasons may get more ridiculous, but there is no changing their mind!
  • Like 2

Im also tee total, however i still enjoy chilling in a pub chatting all stuff geek... And when the rest of you start having one too many it may be even easier to win any geek arguments :P so sounds good lol

I'm guessing you've not done that too often as there is no way it's easier to win an argument with a drunk person than a sober one! Their reasons may get more ridiculous, but there is no changing their mind!

Yh fair point. To be fair trying to won a geek argument drunk or sober is never easy lol

• Like 1

Yeah. I was supposed to save up. And i spent money to see dream boys in october lol

Cool, I'll see you there.

are you the dream boy?

Nightmare Boy? :whistling:

Hey now, I'm the dreamiest Dream Boy the Dream Boys have ever had. Unfortunately just before this photo was taken I sneezed and fell down a mine shaft.

The-Dreamboys_lead.jpg

My friend I went with this year was a grump and didn't want to do any meet ups so we stayed in the hotel both nights bored out of my mind. Next year I'm going with my brother it'll be his second convention. We're coming down thursday afternoon and staking till Sunday. Definitely doing the Sat meet as Pen invited me when I saw him at the con and depending on what gets decided may do thus day meet up. It'd be great to meet up with some of you and just be full on geek and not care :D

• Like 3

Is anyone allowed to come to the meet up? 😊 This will be my first year going alone, actually it'll be my first time travelling anywhere by myself and I'm arriving on the Thursday and was a bit worried about having nothing to do and just hanging around London like a loner 😂

• Like 1

Is anyone allowed to come to the meet up? This will be my first year going alone, actually it'll be my first time travelling anywhere by myself and I'm arriving on the Thursday and was a bit worried about having nothing to do and just hanging around London like a loner

Absolutely everyone is welcome!! :)

That was the reason why I set up the meet this year on the Thursday as I travel down alone too and wanted to meet some like-minded folk who also had free time on the Thursday after the preview evening was cancelled. Even though we had only organised the Thursday and the lovely PenthePirate organised the Saturday quiz thing some of us still met up for some food and drink on the Friday night and the Sunday night too after the con, which is when most of my celeb encounters happened when slightly intoxicated in the hotel lifts.... :blush:

We have plenty of time this year though to get another good plan of action.

As zonky says, plenty of time to come up with a good plan :D

Going to state now though im probably going to need a lot of help from creative people when it comes down to what we do :P considering the possible numbers we are looking at already... We are going to need some good ideas :)

I am that kind of person the rest of the year. But it's not often I get to meet up with other people who are as like minded as me and don't give the eye roll when you get enthusiastic about things.

Trust me this is definitely the right meet up for that :P after comic con on friday i popped to the pub to meet people for an hour or so to be sociable... I got back to my hotel at about 1 in the morning! Was fantastic lol

Edited by smithy270492
  • Like 1