Dark photos from area D

chubby

My D photo (with Amir Arison) was a little dark, perhaps, but I'm very happy with it. If anything, my issues were in photo area B, particularly on Saturday. They were rather pale and/or yellow (and in Dominic Monaghan's shoot the top of his head has been cut off, but I was managing a four-way clash at the time and didn't have time to rejoin the queue for a retake, but never mind). It'll be interesting to see how the digital shots look.

Hi.

As others have mentioned, should be fixable in Photoshop.

Took the liberty of tinkering - slow day in the office - hope you don't mind.

Not the greatest results as I'm just working from the download from Photobucket, which is never going to be the best quality.

As you can see, even from this starting point some improvement can be made.

Get the digital files from SM when available and results should be much much better.

Original

IMG_20160730_0001204_zps6n5ymyw7.jpg

Edit

IMG_20160730_edit2_zpsq1ga6q77.jpg

Skin tones are a bit off and you do look a bit shiney but that shouldn't be a problem to sort with the original files.

I shouldn't worry too much, ain't nothing that can't be adjusted and fixed.

Hope that helps :)

• Like 1

I too complained over the weekend about lighting issues in some booths especially A on Friday as they were very dark looking compared to photos the same day taken in booth B.

I complained about this to a pit boss and at the time she was chatting to Laurie Holden's agent and when her agent looked at the picture he said I take photos for a living and that is too dark and ordered a reshoot for me the next day.

This is the fun part as he even took a photo of me and my mate and sent it over to the pit boss in B to make them aware of the retake.

I was then made to look like a criminal trying to plead my case and was told no retake unless I had written proof !

In all the fiasco I missed my shoot with Richard Brake who only had a single 5 min shoot so lost that chance too.

It was by sheer luck I bumped into Jason and he said go back and tell them he authorised a retake on his instructions.

I did not like the attitude by the staff over this and I lost 1hr of my day and a shoot trying to prove what the agent told me.

I then went to the sales desk and got written confirmation for a retake from Chantelle who was a lovely lady and very helpful unlike the pit boss at booth B on Saturday.

Pit Bosses are not always in the same area all Weekend. Your message may never have reached the Pit Boss of the area that day, and then they do as they are instructed to - no reshoots unless something in writing is there. Of course the Agent didn't know about that either.

Of course that is only an Explanation I can provide and most certainly doesn't make up for missing your other shoot. I am truly sorry to hear that.

Hi QS thanks for that but it is clear that something was wrong with either the printer colour settings in the different booths or a lighting issue as said before.

You only have to look at all your photo's that you have and like me that's a fair few from over the years to see the difference in colour of the blue background.

Some taken over the weekend had lovely light blue backgrounds and others a darker blue background , it really is night and day difference when you compare them to previous years shoots you must agree surely ?

I have my double with Carl & Dolph which is darker blue and mine with Dolph and Carl individual shoots and they have total different shades of blue background.

The double is darker and not as clear.

I think the least showmasters could do is to other the people a free digital dowmload of their darker pictures so we could brighten them up ourselves at home in photoshop after paying £110 for the picture.

A kick in the teeth if we have to spend another £25 - £30 for the jpegs after this.

For example my retake with Laurie is 100% better than the first which was retained at the booth so what as gone wrong here.

I hope this can be resolved as over the weekend I spent over £1000 on photo's alone and surely it would be a nice gesture to open up the site for a free download to those affected.

There will always be variations in photos taken in different areas and on different days. If I compare my photos from all 3 days the light level looks slightly different in pretty much all of them. None of them are wrong though, it's just a personal preference of which I might like. There's certainly nothing worthy of any kind of compensation.

You can try bringing your point across to the Office Bingoboy, but I am honestly not sure you will get anywhere.

Yes, there are differences. But natedammit phrased it quite nice, none of them look wrong to me either. Closed eyes or the Steven Berkoff Pictures, that is a Situation where I can understand asking for compensation.

I have not been attending this year, but last year I had similar variations to the ones posted here. I don't see anything remotedly close to a "night and day difference."

the reason people don't bother to say anything is we never get anywhere! if you had nothing to do with sm no mod ect and you had paid out all that money im sure you would have something to say. on the day I showed the photo to another photo area who even said that's a joke they need to get it fixed. the amount of ppl who said no point even saying anything they never do anything, and the words blood from a stone was used a few times. we all no that the ONLY way to get any money out of sm is if a guest cant come apart from that its just tough. I paid £110 for a photo that is too dark and yet all your saying is well its not that bad. when will you realise that this little mistakes all add up and soon people wont pay out that much again, I know I wont its way too much a risk. I now have to pay another 5.00 and then pay a guy to try fix it for me. its a joke

Hi.

As others have mentioned, should be fixable in Photoshop.

Took the liberty of tinkering - slow day in the office - hope you don't mind.

Not the greatest results as I'm just working from the download from Photobucket, which is never going to be the best quality.

As you can see, even from this starting point some improvement can be made.

Get the digital files from SM when available and results should be much much better.

Original

IMG_20160730_0001204_zps6n5ymyw7.jpg

Edit

IMG_20160730_edit2_zpsq1ga6q77.jpg

Skin tones are a bit off and you do look a bit shiney but that shouldn't be a problem to sort with the original files.

I shouldn't worry too much, ain't nothing that can't be adjusted and fixed.

Hope that helps :)

thank you very much for trying to help :) means alot

A clear give away that the lighting was wrong was the blue sheets hanging up in the background that are normally a lovely shade of light blue were really dark compared to other shoots.

I have over 200 photo's from other years and all are nice and blue , this year the blue was a horrid dark colour like the material had changed.

edit , I have just checked all my pictures from the weekend and some are a dark blue and others a light sky blue backdrop like they should be from all other events.

Any photographer will tell you the lighting is wrong on some of these photos this year and after paying £110 for Dolph & Carl shoot this should in my opinion be offered as a free download with other dark shots so at least I can brighten them up in photoshop but having to pay another £5 for the jpeg will be a sheer insult.

this was the point I put to sm, ive had 2 very pro photographers look at the photos and both have said the set up was all wrong. but sm cant be wrong can they just take take take. they need to wake up and see its us that pay out all the money.

• Like 1

I can understand if it was done by school kids but I paid £110 for one and £25 for another by a "pro" I could of done a better job! for the price I don't want "looks ok" I want it right!

• Like 1

I do have to say some photos i see arent good and certainly shouldnt be acceptable for the amount of money paid out. I understand a need to get balance between fitting everyone in and quality but as said above these are meant to be pro photos so shouldn't need altered.

Edited by Bing250
  • Like 1

I do have to say some photos i see aremt good andcertainly shouldnt be acceptable for the amount of money paod out. I understand a need to get balance between fitting evrryone in and quality but as said above these are meant to be pro photos so shouldnt need altered.

spot on mate, they need to take action on this and get it sorted. out of all the people I met at this lfcc, only 1 was a member on here the rest seen to of been banned so they cant comment on the photos

Chubby, stop it right here.

The mods have looked at your attitude for a while, but now it is enough. We have warned you, several times. Calling the Crew "Schoolkids" is definitely over the line.

I have never seen anyone asking nicely refused. But frankly, if you were talking to the Crew on the day like you are posting here I am no longer surprised you have been refused. The Pictures are not to your liking. We got that. But these you have posted are not "total crap" as you claim. Several People have now told you that they don't see anything wrong, but in reaction your Posts are gradually getting more rude. Your insinuation that those who say nothing is wrong are all These affiliated with SM and anyone having to say something is banned is totally out of line. Did it maybe occur to you that people are just not posting because 1. they don't see anything wrong and 2. don't quite like the reactions you have shown to anyone saying you are wrong?

I am a very good photographer too. Anyone who has seen Pictures I took will tell you I am good. I was asked to take Pictures at the Events once. That didn't materialize because of an injury. But since then I haven't agreed to do it just because of Posts like yours. I want my Pictures to be 110 percent perfect and I am way too self critical. There is no way I could deal with the Event photo sessions of this size.

If you want to discuss this further you need to E-Mail SM. There is absolutely nothing the mods can do for you. Due to your last string of Posts I am closing here. Behaviour like this is not tolerated.

• Like 3