Dark photos from area D

chubby

hi I just wanted to know what can be done about dark photos from area D?

my joint photo with carl and dolph has come out like ive take the photo and printed it myself, and the Jason david frank shoot was just the same.

the joint shoot I had redone and even getting another one take came out crap, and I spent so much money of these. I spoke to the pit boss who just said theres nothing I can do take it up with showmasters on Monday.

ive had a professional photographer look at the photos today and he said the lighting is way off and this should of been sorted on the day.

did anyone else have a problem with area D?

I am however over the moon with the ones I had take by debs in area c again she did her magic and they are just outstanding.

any advice would be great

http://i910.photobuc...0730_0001 2.jpg

http://i910.photobuc...0730_0001 4.jpg

Edited by chubby

I don't think this would be too hard to fix on photoshop. I'd wait until the digital files go on sale on the showmasters site and then try editing them and take them to be printed out. Would be better quality then scanning these pics in to edit.

It's a pain in the bum and means spending a bit more money but you'd get a better result.

• Like 1

I don't think this would be too hard to fix on photoshop. I'd wait until the digital files go on sale on the showmasters site and then try editing them and take them to be printed out. Would be better quality then scanning these pics in to edit.

It's a pain in the bum and means spending a bit more money but you'd get a better result.

that's what I will have to do, its a shame I paid 110 for one of them and 25 for the other and they cant even get it right. I now have to pay out even more money and get them sorted

Maybe it is the scanner or my phone, but they really don't look bad to me. Certainly not too dark or looking "like crap". I admit I have seen lighter ones, but certainly not bad.

its a 100% match I know im not the only one whos upset about the joint shoot that we paid so much money and the guy you get to take them cant seem to sort the lighting out. if you had paid £110 for a single photo im sure you would want it looking good, and "not bad"

Maybe it is the scanner or my phone, but they really don't look bad to me. Certainly not too dark or looking "like crap". I admit I have seen lighter ones, but certainly not bad.

its a 100% match I know im not the only one whos upset about the joint shoot that we paid so much money and the guy you get to take them cant seem to sort the lighting out. if you had paid £110 for a single photo im sure you would want it looking good, and "not bad"

I was trying to phrase it nicely because you obviously seem upset. But if you want my completely honest opinion: to me those photos look perfectly okay. Looking good to me, yes. Had I been handed the prints the way I see them on my phone I would definitely not have complained.

You may really be seeing something with the printer settings I think.

• Like 2

By the same token though I wouldn't say they were 'crap'. My mate had a shoot with Dolph in D on Sat & he says distinctly average.

for £110 I expected a better photo than this, but the problem ive got is there is nothing I can do about it, nothing I can do about how rude the pit boss was, I now have to buy the digital copys just to see if its a printer setting. and then that's that its just tough, I have to lump it. the amount of people that were unhappy with the photos we cant all be wrong? but that's it now no help with it, no offer of a free digital copy just an email saying I should of sorted it at the time.

Looks okay to me too. I know I've got pics of my own that I've taken with my camera, printed and haven't turned out the same as they appear on screen and tinkering with photoshop has done the job.

Edited by Knitty Fred
  • Like 1

once I have the dig copys ill see what they are like and it could be a printer error, if its not however ive found a guy who is a master at fixing photos and he will help me fix it. just playing the waiting game now lol

Looks a bit underexposed to me.

But should be easy in Photoshop with the digital file to bring the darkness into light a bit :-)

Should.

I say that as last year my Micheal J Fox in the Delorean image was poor, bought the digital file and it was even worse! Dark and considerably out of focus. 95 quid and it is an abysmal shot in my opinion, even photoshop couldn't save that.

Gladly with the digital file you can check the camera info, some shoots have quality cameras, some not so much. They should all be top of the line cameras and lenses in my opinion.

I couldnt get a penny back sadly in my instance :-(

• Like 1

I too complained over the weekend about lighting issues in some booths especially A on Friday as they were very dark looking compared to photos the same day taken in booth B.

I complained about this to a pit boss and at the time she was chatting to Laurie Holden's agent and when her agent looked at the picture he said I take photos for a living and that is too dark and ordered a reshoot for me the next day.

This is the fun part as he even took a photo of me and my mate and sent it over to the pit boss in B to make them aware of the retake.

I was then made to look like a criminal trying to plead my case and was told no retake unless I had written proof !

In all the fiasco I missed my shoot with Richard Brake who only had a single 5 min shoot so lost that chance too.

It was by sheer luck I bumped into Jason and he said go back and tell them he authorised a retake on his instructions.

I did not like the attitude by the staff over this and I lost 1hr of my day and a shoot trying to prove what the agent told me.

I then went to the sales desk and got written confirmation for a retake from Chantelle who was a lovely lady and very helpful unlike the pit boss at booth B on Saturday.

Edited by Bingo Boy

A clear give away that the lighting was wrong was the blue sheets hanging up in the background that are normally a lovely shade of light blue were really dark compared to other shoots.

I have over 200 photo's from other years and all are nice and blue , this year the blue was a horrid dark colour like the material had changed.

edit , I have just checked all my pictures from the weekend and some are a dark blue and others a light sky blue backdrop like they should be from all other events.

Any photographer will tell you the lighting is wrong on some of these photos this year and after paying £110 for Dolph & Carl shoot this should in my opinion be offered as a free download with other dark shots so at least I can brighten them up in photoshop but having to pay another £5 for the jpeg will be a sheer insult.

Edited by Bingo Boy
  • Like 1

for £110 I expected a better photo than this, but the problem ive got is there is nothing I can do about it, nothing I can do about how rude the pit boss was, I now have to buy the digital copys just to see if its a printer setting. and then that's that its just tough, I have to lump it. the amount of people that were unhappy with the photos we cant all be wrong? but that's it now no help with it, no offer of a free digital copy just an email saying I should of sorted it at the time.

For photo D you were the first one posting that the pictures were "bad." Of course not all People are on the Forum here, but still only a handful of People have posted now that they noticed differences. No one has said the photos look crap. I just would expect more People to say something.

I too complained over the weekend about lighting issues in some booths especially A on Friday as they were very dark looking compared to photos the same day taken in booth B.

I complained about this to a pit boss and at the time she was chatting to Laurie Holden's agent and when her agent looked at the picture he said I take photos for a living and that is too dark and ordered a reshoot for me the next day.

This is the fun part as he even took a photo of me and my mate and sent it over to the pit boss in B to make them aware of the retake.

I was then made to look like a criminal trying to plead my case and was told no retake unless I had written proof !

In all the fiasco I missed my shoot with Richard Brake who only had a single 5 min shoot so lost that chance too.

It was by sheer luck I bumped into Jason and he said go back and tell them he authorised a retake on his instructions.

I did not like the attitude by the staff over this and I lost 1hr of my day and a shoot trying to prove what the agent told me.

I then went to the sales desk and got written confirmation for a retake from Chantelle who was a lovely lady and very helpful unlike the pit boss at booth B on Saturday.

Pit Bosses are not always in the same area all Weekend. Your message may never have reached the Pit Boss of the area that day, and then they do as they are instructed to - no reshoots unless something in writing is there. Of course the Agent didn't know about that either.

Of course that is only an Explanation I can provide and most certainly doesn't make up for missing your other shoot. I am truly sorry to hear that.

• Like 1