Sean Maher

RobC

Just wondering what kind of experience people had with Sean Maher. This is the second time we've met him and both times were pretty similar.

He was polite and smiled, but we found it very hard to actually talk to him. First time we met him it was late in the day so just put it down to him being tired, but this time it was a lot earlier on. I was asking him about Conman, getting him to sign our Nathan Fillions Firefly Photo book (a conman perk), but all we got were pretty much one word answers and he really didn't seem interested in talking. (and both times the queues were quiet/or didn't have one, so no rush to get the autos done quickly really)

Did others have this experience, or were we just unlucky?

Not really complaining, just that all our other meetings at cons have been amazing (bar David Wenham, who couldn't have been more disinterested if he tried and we barely got any acknowledgement of our existence!) and Sean was a little bit disappointing. Nathan Fillion was awesome when we met him and so was Summer Glau (still hunting the rest of the crew).

When I talked to Sean, he was absolutely fine. I just had a general chit chat with him as I only found a postcard one of the vendors was selling for him to sign. If I was a huge fan, then I could've been talking to him for ages. There was no queue when I approached him.

Met him about 09:30, had a discussion about how craziness of LFCC and told him if he thought it was crazy that early he hadn't seen anything yet wait for later

Pretty sure this is why he wrote the quote "this must be what going mad feels like" on my auto

I only had a photo with him and I thought he was lovely and so so friendly!

Chatted to me about my necklace and that he had the same one as me, and he was playing with people props for the photos and seemed really interested and engaged with everyone that went through.

I thought he was really sweet.

He was doing different poses for each photo and was awesome with a toddler having his pic in front of me. Really kind.

There was a queue when I got his autograph but he still chatted to me. Complimented the photo of us and seemed genuinely please when I 'thanked' him for Firefly.

This was my first Serenity crew member and he didn't disappoint!

He was very nice to me, despite me fanboying out of control. He had no que when I saw him, but he was busy talking to his handler about w/e (i'm not one to listen in) after he was done, he signed my celebration book and we had a small chat. Seemed very polite to me. :)

Good to know he was a bit more chatty with some of you. Like I said, he was nice and polite, just a little quiet. I guess he was just competing in my head a little with Nathan and Summer, who were both just amazing. Not really fair on him. :)