Michael Emerson Appreciation Thread

Zonky

May we take a moment to admire Mr Michael Emerson.

I personally thought he was such a lovely guest to meet this weekend. Very well spoken, polite and just a sweetheart!

I had a photo with him on Friday and he said to me 'you look lovely' in the kindest, most sincere voice I have ever heard. He was also looking very dapper in his suit which I think I made comment on and the wee smile he gave me and in the photo is just beautiful!

Again on the Sunday I met him for an auto this time after the Lost talk (which was fab) so it must have been about 5:30pm and he was still so lovely, I thanked him very much for coming to the con and he seemed like he genuinely took my thanks to heart.

Such a lovely man, thank you SM for the opportunity to meet him :)

• Like 2

Michael was so sweet. I met him on Friday and we were talking about Lost. He made me watch Person of Interest as well. Lol He walked past me on Sunday and remembered me, we ended up talking for a while. He is such a lovely guest and I wouldn't complain if he came back again.

I met Michael first thing on the Friday and he was an absolute pleasure to meet. He was sooo lovely, sweet; and such a gentleman. I had such butterflies that all I can remember is general chit chat about the event rather than about the shows he had been in (despite the fact there was so much I wanted to say!) though I did manage to say I thought he was wonderful. :smile:

Michael wasn't happy with how he had written my name on the photo and thought he had made a mess of it (he absolutely hadn't) so told me to go and choose another photo and he would re-do it. He then said ah well I may as well sign the first photo too and you can have both. He also kindly posed for a photo. That along with the 2 photoshoots I had made for one of my favourite experiences of the weekend. I do hope he returns again at some point in the future as I would love to meet him again! :wub:

My gf and I had the good luck of passing Michael Emerson on a staircase on Sunday. We didn't want to hold him up, but he very sweetly paused after we told him we were big fans of his and of Person of Interest.

It was very gracious of him to stop for a few moments, hear us out and thank us. It absolutely made my girlfriend's weekend, so THANK YOU, Michael :)

Personally, just getting the chance to hear his amazing voice in person and getting the chance to thank him for the show was enough for me. What an absolute gent.

• Like 1

I very much wish I got to hug Michael. Admittedly I didn't ask for one... perhaps he wouldn't have refused me... but he was so sweet and soft-spoken and utterly precious. He complimented my name and said he recognized it from an old(ish) tv show. People say many things about my name but he'd be the first to come out with this one! He gladly posed for a selfie and shook my hand and wished me a great day. Later at his photoshoot he gave me a huge smile and said hello again, and gave my hand a squeeze before I left. I need to wrap him in blankets and protect him from the world, he is too precious and good and pure for us mere mortals.

• Like 2

Was certainly a very good guest to meet and unphased by some of the chaos going on around him. Met him in the early Friday morning just before he was moved down to the end so the leaking roof could be fixed.

I hope you can bring him back to another event, maybe with a couple of other members of the Person of Interest cast (AMY, AMY, AMY hint...hint) would be a great double-photo shoot.

Michael was lovely. Very softly spoken, smart and gentlemanly. I was very grateful that he was standing up and coming out from behind the table for everyone who wanted a photo after getting his autograph - he didn't need to do that and it just felt like he really cared that we were there to meet him and wanted us to have a good experience.

My photo op with him was very nice too, and is a definite favourite from the weekend - big smiles from us both (which I appreciate, I know it must be draining doing so many photo ops, and I was right at the end of his first Saturday slot catching him just as he was about to leave as I was late from another shoot which had overrun, but it's so nice when the guest actually looks like they're enjoying themselves in the photo).

A great guest who more than lived up to my hopes for what meeting him would be like.

Can I also just add-- I don't know why this pleased me so much, but while I was in Mads Mikkelsen's queue, I looked over at Michael at the next table and saw he was calmly peeling a banana in the midst of everything. I might just have been overexcited and star struck but there I was thinking "that's Michael Emerson nomming a banana, wow". Potassium lovers gotta stick together. You go Michael, you little ball of precious. You nom that nana.

• Like 3

I went on Sunday and wasn't planning to get any autographs, but decided to get Michael Emerson autograph as he's queue was short at the time and I enjoyed him on Lost. He was very friendly and had a little chat to him. After he had signed my autograph, I asked if I could have a photo with him, which he was happy to do. Overall a top guest and exceeded my expectations, well done Showmasters. Here is a link from my Twitter if the photo and autograph https://twitter.com/prchambers/status/759703633386610689