Jeremy Renner Appreciation Thread

He was awesome!!

I only did the photoshoot, and I kinda regret now not getting an auto or even the diamond pass. He was smiling all the time, enjoying himself, and complimenting everyone who was in costume. When it was my turn he shook my hand and greeted me. I asked him for a back to back, arms crossed pose, he agreed with a smile, and then he shook my hand again - I got the impression that he was thankful for someone to break the monotony a bit, which made me feel like a million bucks! And of course the pic turned out amazing. I was already a big fan of his work, but he just earned my personal Coolest Guy in the World title.

One of my friends also has a great story with him, and I don't think he's in the forum, so I'll tell it for him. When his turn came they were playing some rhythmic, bouncy music, and Jeremy was dancing along between pics, but no one followed suit. When my friend got to him he also danced a bit, and Jeremy did the two hands pointing gesture and told him "Yeah man, you got it!". There you have it. Hawkeye told him he's cool. Case closed.

That is awesome to hear. I was wearing a costume on the Saturday. As I was leaving I did hear him saying something but didn't quite catch what it was. Might have been a compliment regarding my costume but not 100% sure.

I did dance a little bit when I went up on the Sunday but he didn't see me. I did love that when I asked for hug he gave me a really tight hug. I've done loads of photoshoots and whenever I've gotten hugs in them they are usually quite polite, gentle hugs. I was expecting the same for Jeremy. I was pleasantly surprised when I got pulled in for a tight 'Jerbear hug'. It did lead to an inadvertent 'boob smoosh' but I didn't mind. Don't think I've ever had a hug like that in a guest shoot. Certainly not one that 95% of my body is being smooshed against the guest. More than made up for the very little I got to say in the autograph queue. I poorly timed that so didn't get the chance to say much when presenting my gifts for him and his daughter.

Love that your friend got that moment. It is an awesome one. Jeremy is a top guy.

On his Twitter page he has posted a photo of his daughter with some toys,thanking people for their kindness.I enjoyed my photo more than my auto too for similar reasons.Though I bet he was pleased you gave him a gift for his daughter.
  • Like 1

Thank you, Ribbleblue. I gave him a piece of artwork I had done for him. You can see it here on my Instagram. https://www.instagram.com/p/BInq22ABJAw/

He said "Wow!" While his friend asked about it saying it was incredible. While it wasn't much it made my year.

I am completely over the moon that Ava got to enjoy my gift for her. It is in the photo he posted so I am blown away that she got it.

• Like 2

Where to begin. First of all I can't thank Showmasters and Jeremy Renner enough for this. I could not believe my eyes when it was announced on Facebook that he was going to be there, and he is the very reason I came to LFCC this year.

Jeremy is absolutely my favourite actor for so many reasons, and is fantastic in all his movies. When we got there on the Sunday I was happy that it wasn't too busy, and when we went up to the signing area, I was even happier to see the queue for him wasn't as long as I was expecting. When I got to Jeremy he was very pleasant and said, Hi how are you doing? I said I'm good. I felt a bit starstruck at first, but then I told him that he was my favourite actor and he said he appreciates that :smile: I also said I loved Kill the Messenger (one of his best movies in my opinion) and he seemed to really appreciate that comment :thumbup: I shook his hand and said it was a pleasure to meet him. Cannot remember everything he said as I was in awe of speaking to him but I really felt he acknowledged me and listened to what I had to say.

I had my photo shoot about 4 o clock and it was very fast moving but didn't feel rushed at all. I was a bit to shy to go in for a proper hug so just put my arm around him and he put his arm around my shoulder. After the photo I felt very comfortable to shake his hand and say it was nice to meet him again.

Could not be happier with my photo and if he ever comes back, I will definitely meet him again. (May have to do a cool or funny pose next time just for fun)

inann5.jpg

Edited by dimebagsdarrell
  • Like 1

Since many years, Jeremy Renner is my favourite actor. I have all his movies, I have his songs on my phone - I love that man so much. The day he was announced was the day of my birthday party. I told my friends I have to check the big announcement at 7 PM. I did - and first I started to scream and then I started to cry like a stupid teenager, because it was the best birthday present I ever got. I met him twice in London and he gave me the feeling I am THE One (as he did to everybody). That is the coolest thing about him, he is actually what I hoped he is...a fantastic man.

Edited by Nadine84
  • Like 1

Since many years, Jeremy Renner is my favourite actor. I have all his movies, I have his songs on my phone - I love that man so much. The day he was announced was the day of my birthday party. I told my friends I have to check the big announcement at 7 PM. I did - and first I started to scream and then I started to cry like a stupid teenager, because it was the best birthday present I ever got. I met him twice in London and he gave me the feeling I am THE One (as he did to everybody). That is the coolest thing about him, he is actually what I hoped he is...a fantastic man.

I love your photo :)

I love your photo :)

Thanks, yours is great, too. You should see my second one..."Lets do some silly stuff".

Edited by Nadine84

No, I was very relaxed at the second meeting. He was so funny at the first one. I asked him to hug me from the back. He said "sure", put his arm around my neck and started to strangle me and said "like this?" We both laughed and I said "lets try it again" and that was the story about the first cute picture. At the second one I knew he likes to do stupid stuff. So I just asked "prepared for a silly face?" he "always. what do you wanne do." I said "hm I do tongue" He looked, laughed and did what he did. Funny, it was just so few time, but I will never forget what we did or said. :)

• Like 1

I never thought it would happen this time. We've all been very lucky that his schedule wasn't full and he took time away from his daughter to meet his fans. I think he's impressed a lot of people. Hopefully Showmasters will take note and plan on bringing him back soon in whatever way they can. A weekend with Renner sounds good to me ;)