Jeremy Renner Appreciation Thread

Thanks for all the positive comments guys. We're going to be tweeting him showing him all the amazing comments and kind words people have said about the experience. After some bad press of late we wanted him to see how much his fans loved meeting him.

Keep the positive comments coming :)

Edited by dannysgirl05
  • Like 2

Just out of curiosity where was Jeremy Renner signing at ? I was only there Sunday and was rushing round to get photos with Dolph Lundgren and Carl Weathers and all the Star Wars and GOT autos and I could see Famke, Mads and Jack Gleeson e.t.c as they were all together signing but I have no idea where Jeremy and Dolph were signing at.

Apologies for being off topic a little but didn't want to start a thread on this cheers

He was my first Diamond pass and I'm so glad I got to meet him. He was very sweet and despite being super busy, it felt like he really saw me. He took the time to smile, greet me, compliment me and thank me for coming. I wasn't expecting much as I knew he'd be so busy. But yeah, super-friendly and lovely. Well worth the money spent. :D

• Like 1

Seemed genuinely excited in his shoots pulled me closer. He even skimmed the comic I got signed for someone, it featured Hawkeye shooting Banner and he wanted to know why.

His talk was hilarious, especially an unrepeatable story about fans and toilet etiquette

• Like 1

I went on Sunday to have my Jeremy photo op.. The que was so smoothe in comparison to previous years. I was batch 2 and had my batch 3 friend behind me. I went quickly for my photo and from getting up at 5am thought it was like all photo shoots in the past and that id be rushed...I quickly said to Jeremy can we do back to back? He said "yeah man no worries" I posed and quickly went my way, as I was getting my photo developed I had someone pat me on the back, it was Jeremy! He quickly came over and said "hey man you ok?, thanks for coming" I was so used to not being able to speak to a guest because it slowed the time down I just expected a conveyerbelt photo and no chat...my friend who was after me said "you do know Jeremy turned to talk to you but you just walked off"! Moral of the story is not all guests are rude and ignorant and that Jeremy truly is a superhero of a guy.

• Like 2

First time getting a diamond pass and totally worth it. Absolutely wonderful man. If it is even possible I'm now a bigger fan than I was.

Melted when he said 'Hi baby' to me in my first photoshoot. Really lovely when I requested a hug photo in my second shoot. He commented "Wow!" When I gave him the artwork I did for him as a gift which I am over the moon with as I was nervous about it. I loved the talk. Really funny and enjoyable.

My friend got her photoshoot dressed as Gretel from 'Hansel & Gretel'. I loaned her my gun that I had made for my Hansel costume that goes with hers. She handed it to Jeremy for the shoot saying, "please can you hold this, it's your gun". He replied "I know". He then took aged giving it back to her as he was admiring it lol. I think given half a chance he probably would have kept it.

Amazing guest. Truly made my decade. Thanks SM for getting him. Thanks also to the 20 friends and family who made it possible for me to attend and meet Jeremy. Can't thank them enough. <3

• Like 1

So happy you had such a great time meeting him, not that there was much chance you wouldn't ;)

Glad that you decided to give him the artwork in the end too :)

Thank you ever so much, Murph. It was such an incredible guest experience. One that I won't forget in a long time.

So happy in the end that I give the art work to him. Don't have a photo of the presentation but I will have the memory. His friend (who I believe was Kristoff Winters. Recognised him from an episode of 'House') also commented and said it was incredible.

• Like 1

For me it was an absolute pleasure and an honor to meet Jeremy. I will admit I do have a massive crush on him so perhaps i am a bit biased :rolleyes::rolleyes: .

Me and the hubbie completely muddled up his photo time for the Saturday morning. I was sure he didn't start till just after 11am, then when we got there we realised he had nearly finished!! :eek::eek: (thank goodness for Diamond passes). Cause of this I didn't feel I had sufficient time to prepare myself for meeting him and was rather overwhelmed when I finally came face to face with him.

My plan was to ask him for a big cuddle, but my brain and body just turned to jelly and I had the single arm around me pose which of course was absolutely wonderful!! He said something along the lines of "Hey Scarlet witch what's happenin, I love it" which made me turn into a 5 year old sheepish girl and a replied with a very quiet and squeeky "Thanks, it's a pleasure to meet you" :drool: .

Again didn't say much too him during the autograph but did shake his hand and told him it was a pleasure. I was so happy to get another signature in my awesome Marvel book I have which I also got Hayley Attwell to sign last year. I never thought i'd get one signature in my book let alone two. Very very happy :wub::wub:

• Like 1

Being a big marvel fan I was overjoyed with the fact he was even announced, more where he came from please SM! I was most looking forward to meeting him, he was so nice and polite with everyone and really helped make the event even more enjoyable. My photoshoot with him is probably one of my favourites, would happily meet him again if he came back!

• Like 1

For me it was an absolute pleasure and an honor to meet Jeremy. I will admit I do have a massive crush on him so perhaps i am a bit biased :rolleyes::rolleyes: .

Me and the hubbie completely muddled up his photo time for the Saturday morning. I was sure he didn't start till just after 11am, then when we got there we realised he had nearly finished!! :eek::eek: (thank goodness for Diamond passes). Cause of this I didn't feel I had sufficient time to prepare myself for meeting him and was rather overwhelmed when I finally came face to face with him.

My plan was to ask him for a big cuddle, but my brain and body just turned to jelly and I had the single arm around me pose which of course was absolutely wonderful!! He said something along the lines of "Hey Scarlet witch what's happenin, I love it" which made me turn into a 5 year old sheepish girl and a replied with a very quiet and squeeky "Thanks, it's a pleasure to meet you" :drool: .

Again didn't say much too him during the autograph but did shake his hand and told him it was a pleasure. I was so happy to get another signature in my awesome Marvel book I have which I also got Hayley Attwell to sign last year. I never thought i'd get one signature in my book let alone two. Very very happy :wub::wub:

I know how you feel ;)

• Like 1

Meeting Jeremy was even more wonderful than I hoped it would be!!! :wub::wub::wub: It's rare to have such a relaxed experience with such a big name guest and he was definitely one of the nicest ones ever!! The diamond pass was worth every penny and would totally buy it again for him. Loved his talk too, so funny & very entertaining. Feels like I'm an even bigger fan now than before so would absolutely love it if you could bring him again, the con in Frankfurt would make a great pre-birthday present for me :P

• Like 1

He was awesome!!

I only did the photoshoot, and I kinda regret now not getting an auto or even the diamond pass. He was smiling all the time, enjoying himself, and complimenting everyone who was in costume. When it was my turn he shook my hand and greeted me. I asked him for a back to back, arms crossed pose, he agreed with a smile, and then he shook my hand again - I got the impression that he was thankful for someone to break the monotony a bit, which made me feel like a million bucks! And of course the pic turned out amazing. I was already a big fan of his work, but he just earned my personal Coolest Guy in the World title.

One of my friends also has a great story with him, and I don't think he's in the forum, so I'll tell it for him. When his turn came they were playing some rhythmic, bouncy music, and Jeremy was dancing along between pics, but no one followed suit. When my friend got to him he also danced a bit, and Jeremy did the two hands pointing gesture and told him "Yeah man, you got it!". There you have it. Hawkeye told him he's cool. Case closed.

• Like 2

He was awesome!!

I only did the photoshoot, and I kinda regret now not getting an auto or even the diamond pass. He was smiling all the time, enjoying himself, and complimenting everyone who was in costume. When it was my turn he shook my hand and greeted me. I asked him for a back to back, arms crossed pose, he agreed with a smile, and then he shook my hand again - I got the impression that he was thankful for someone to break the monotony a bit, which made me feel like a million bucks! And of course the pic turned out amazing. I was already a big fan of his work, but he just earned my personal Coolest Guy in the World title.

One of my friends also has a great story with him, and I don't think he's in the forum, so I'll tell it for him. When his turn came they were playing some rhythmic, bouncy music, and Jeremy was dancing along between pics, but no one followed suit. When my friend got to him he also danced a bit, and Jeremy did the two hands pointing gesture and told him "Yeah man, you got it!". There you have it. Hawkeye told him he's cool. Case closed.

OMG your friend got him to dance! I would have paid to see that. I saw him dance at the Captain America premier in April, almost fell off the balcony ;) Edited by dannysgirl05
  • Like 2

Actually joined the forum to say how amazing Jeremy Renner was! I had a photo with him and he made every person feel really special and that he was glad to meet them. He said something different to each person as they left and looked like he was having a ball the whole time. Just a lovely human being :-)

I think I've always been fortunate that the Showmasters guests I have met in the past have always been nice but he really impressed me! Please bring him back again soon!

• Like 3

He was awesome!!

That is awesome to hear. I was wearing a costume on the Saturday. As I was leaving I did hear him saying something but didn't quite catch what it was. Might have been a compliment regarding my costume but not 100% sure.

I did dance a little bit when I went up on the Sunday but he didn't see me. I did love that when I asked for hug he gave me a really tight hug. I've done loads of photoshoots and whenever I've gotten hugs in them they are usually quite polite, gentle hugs. I was expecting the same for Jeremy. I was pleasantly surprised when I got pulled in for a tight 'Jerbear hug'. It did lead to an inadvertent 'boob smoosh' but I didn't mind. Don't think I've ever had a hug like that in a guest shoot. Certainly not one that 95% of my body is being smooshed against the guest. More than made up for the very little I got to say in the autograph queue. I poorly timed that so didn't get the chance to say much when presenting my gifts for him and his daughter.

Love that your friend got that moment. It is an awesome one. Jeremy is a top guy.

Edited by Legolassie Malfoy
  • Like 1

If there's one thing i regret about LFCC, it's not meeting Jeremy. I've been looking at peoples photoshoot pictures and he just looks like he was having such a blast and he looks such a sweetheart, really friendly.

Why didn't i meet him? :no::no:

Loved meeting Jeremy. He was so friendly and polite in the photo-op and seemed completely down-to-earth. I'm so happy with how my photo came out too. I'm a big fan of him and was so glad to find he was such a great guy. Unfortunately my budget wouldn't stretch to an auto or a diamond pass which is a real shame but if he was to ever come back again, i'd happily meet him for an auto 100%.

13923844_1648194278828159_68022414597552

• Like 2