How do you store/organise your autographs?

How do you store and/or organise your autographs?

I keep my 8x10s in a folder and used to simply store them in the order I got them; simple as that.

But then I started getting photoshoots signed and then a few theatre programs and now other things, too. So I slightly changed the order of things around to store by type - such as "all the 10x8s I got in person", "all the 10x8s I ordered from the celeb online", "all the 10x8s I got second hand", "all signed photoshoots", "all signed photos that I took myself", etc.

But each category was still kept in order of acquisition now across two folders.

But maybe I should store them by "intellectual property"? e.g. all the Star Wars ones together, all the Firefly ones together, all the Red Dwarf ones together, etc.

But what about the photoshoot with Sigourney Weaver that I got last year? Do I put that with my Ghostbusters autographs or my Aliens autographs or even as a "bridge" between my Aliens autographs and my one other Alien3 autograph or do I just keep photoshoots seperate still?

etc.

I know, I know, First World Problems, right?

But I'm curious as to how others store theirs. How do you organise your collection?

I used to do it alphabetically (with an information card added), but I'm painfully behind. I've been thinking for a long time about investing in the better kind of plastic sleeves (like the one Frank's autographs used to sell) as I'm terrified time will severely damage the pictures. So when I finally follow through with that idea, I'll have quite some hours work ahead of me.

I store my autograph photos in separate binders like Bond,Star Wars, Harry Potter,Sports,sci-fi,LOTR, British,America,Horror. Store them in acid free sleeves.When i fill a binder to much I file another subject. I know it's a on going thing coz I keep adding.

I store mine in sleeves and ring binder box file from timecare.co.uk. They are the same products that Franks Autographs use to sell. The material they use is safe for long term storage. I highly recommend them if you want to keep your autograph photos in mint condition.

I store them in plastic sleeves in a folder alphabetically. By fandom it would be difficult because many people belong to many fandoms at once. And I only get photos or other flat items signed, like programmes, never photoshoots or figures, so it's easy.

Frame them and put them on the wall, they look so cool and nice to look at that way. I don't see the point in storing them in some folder that probably doesn't get looked at properly, they just become a 'collection' in that regard. Each to their own though.

Frame them and put them on the wall, they look so cool and nice to look at that way. I don't see the point in storing them in some folder that probably doesn't get looked at properly, they just become a 'collection' in that regard. Each to their own though.

I have 135 10x8 signed prints. Not to mention my photo shoots and other signed pics.

There's no wall big enough! *lol* :thumbup:

I keep my autographs in A4 display books by Tiger. These are high quality display books with very clear pockets and they’re acid free which means my autographs should hopefully not deteriorate and these display books are very reasonably priced too. I have my graphs sorted by theme, Star Wars, Star Trek, Game of Thrones, Bond etc. and I look at them regularly, they’re not just tucked away in a cupboard. They’re also available in A3 format which is a good way to store larger photos as well

I go an A4 photo holder from paperchase, where I keep most of my autos and photoshoots. My best ones eg Benedict Cumberbatch, Aiden Turner, Norman Reedus, Dolph Ziggler are framed, or custommade as fridge magnets at home (fridge magnets are done at boots)

I keep my autographs in A4 display books by Tiger. These are high quality display books with very clear pockets and they’re acid free which means my autographs should hopefully not deteriorate and these display books are very reasonably priced too. I have my graphs sorted by theme, Star Wars, Star Trek, Game of Thrones, Bond etc. and I look at them regularly, they’re not just tucked away in a cupboard. They’re also available in A3 format which is a good way to store larger photos as well

I wasn't aware of these. My admittingly expensive acid free box file is nearly full now so may try one of these.

I use the UltraPro Collector's albums, and the single sheet pockets to store them, along with my Star Wars card collections.

I remember buying them from Collectormanias, as well as other events and shops between 2003-2008.

My autograph storage is as folllws:

Star Wars actors in alphabetical order

The Doctor actors in regeneration order (got 4-8 and War)

Other persons in alphabetical order

(One interesting fact is that when I put Tom Burke's autographed photo from last year's LFCC in my folder, I noticed the next photo is of Santiago Cabrera, whose autograph I got in 2008)

I use the UltraPro Collector's albums, and the single sheet pockets to store them, along with my Star Wars card collections.

I remember buying them from Collectormanias, as well as other events and shops between 2003-2008.

That's what I do but the single sheet ultra pro are quite difficult to get hold of now, especially if you only want a few.

Got 8x10s at the mo which have fit most of my photos, as well as my photoshoot photos.

Got no future autograph plans after LFCC (but may have a photoshoot at a future event) so back to back might be the way to go in the short term.

The posters that I have got signed are actually staying in the holder it came in. Same with the posters that came through the post, I'm gonna keep them in the envelopes that they were sent in.

Fair enough it may be difficult to put 50 autographs on wall but I like mine on display; I never got why people store them all away.

There are 239 items in my "Scanned Autographs" folder on my hard drive.

I don't have a wall that big! :-D

Fair enough it may be difficult to put 50 autographs on wall but I like mine on display; I never got why people store them all away.

There are 239 items in my "Scanned Autographs" folder on my hard drive.

I don't have a wall that big! :-D

But you must have one or two on display?