pros and cons over Fri / Sat / Sun photo shoots.

I see Saturday is by far the most popular for photo shoots compared to Sunday being no where near as popular. The reasons I'm think is it like this is because -

Fans travelling back home on the Sunday?

Best get photos early as guests could cancel poor selling photo sessions on the Sunday in favour of autograph sessions?

I've heard a few people say now that some guests have a reputation for having a few extra drinks on the Saturday night and not looking their best on the first few photo shoots Sunday morning?

This would be my first Star Trek convention so I'm just trying to gather all the information I can.

Many thanks.

Edited by S.H.R.E.K
  • Like 1

Photo sessions will not be cancelled unless a guest has to leave earlier or falls sick. Slow sales are definitely not a reason for cancelling a session.

I don't know where this idea of extra Drinks comes from either. I've been attending events for 15 years now. I've Seen it happen twice maybe in all those years. You make it sound like they are drinking the bar dry. :lol:

Saturday simply has the most attendees. I always thought Sunday was slower because it's more considered a family day.

• Like 1

[quote name="Queen_Sindel" post="1978272" timestamp. I've been attending events for 15 years now. I've Seen it happen twice maybe in all those years. You make it sound like they are drinking the bar dry. :lol:

Ha, I'm only going off what's been mentioned on FB / forums.

Name and shame them then? :-)

No, no names on here. And if someone posts some I will have to remove them. We do have guests coming on here. Under no circumstances I want to give them the Impression that it is not okay to enjoy themselves in the evenings. Very often they can only catch up with former co-stars at the events if they live on different continents.

We are all human. If I had been there for 3 days meeting attendees I may be a little tired buy Sunday afternoon. I try to get my priority guests Friday then Saturday but spread into Sunday as to not cram too much into 2 days so I can't go free talks and gives me something to do Sunday. And it allows me to impulse buy over the 3 days without panicking.

• Like 1

We are all human. If I had been there for 3 days meeting attendees I may be a little tired buy Sunday afternoon. I try to get my priority guests Friday then Saturday but spread into Sunday as to not cram too much into 2 days so I can't go free talks and gives me something to do Sunday. And it allows me to impulse buy over the 3 days without panicking.