Latest Guest Announcement - Ian McDiarmid

ACC-NL

• Moderators

Latest Guest Announcement - Ian McDiarmid

Attending: Saturday & Sunday (Zaterdag & Zondag)

Autograph (Handtekening) Price: €65.00

Photo Shoot (Fotoshoot) Price: €60.00

Photo Shoot with the Emperor's Throne (Fotoshoot met de troon van de Keizer) Price: €75.00

Ian-McDiarmid.jpg

Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (1983)

Emperor Palpatine

Dirty Rotter Scoundrels (1988)

Arthur

Young Indiana Jones Chronicles (TV Series) (1993)

Prof. Levi

Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999)

Senator Palpatine

Sleepy Hollow (1999)

Doctor Lancaster

Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones (2002)

Surpreme Chancellor Palpatine

Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (2005)

Surpreme Chancellor Palpatine

Any chance of getting Ian mcdiarmid for the weekend before this Glasgow

Guests are announced for the Events they are available for. Unfortunately guests are not available 24/7. No amount of questions is going to change that. ;)

I apologize if I sound annoyed, but right now at least 1/3 of the comments in the guest announcement Topics are "isn't he/she available for another Show?" It's getting out of hand a little bit.

• Like 1

Any chance of getting Ian mcdiarmid for the weekend before this Glasgow

Guests are announced for the Events they are available for. Unfortunately guests are not available 24/7. No amount of questions is going to change that. ;)

I apologize if I sound annoyed, but right now at least 1/3 of the comments in the guest announcement Topics are "isn't he/she available for another Show?" It's getting out of hand a little bit.

whats the harm in asking, not everybody trawls though every answer and many people who come on this forum have never done a convention before.

The harm is that it's starting to get annoying - I've already been asked "isn't there anything you can do?" repeatedly. It's happening with an increasing amount of users who have been on here for years, and who should know the drill by now. If it was only the newbies nobody would say anything. But we have a handful of users who are asking the same in every second guest announcement.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Plus they can't have the same guests at every event, or it ends up not being worth getting the guests, especially the big ones. SM have to make the decision as to whether they're financially viable.

The harm is that it's starting to get annoying - I've already been asked "isn't there anything you can do?" repeatedly. It's happening with an increasing amount of users who have been on here for years, and who should know the drill by now. If it was only the newbies nobody would say anything. But we have a handful of users who are asking the same in every second guest announcement.

Plus they can't have the same guests at every event, or it ends up not being worth getting the guests, especially the big ones. SM have to make the decision as to whether they're financially viable.

I think the reason there's an increase in people asking is partly due to there now being so many events - and some of the same guests ARE being announced for them. Lance Henriksen and Kristanna Loken are down for three each. They tend to get announced for all at once though, but people could miss that.

Edited by TerraHawk

Like I said, we have a number of people who do this at every other guest announcement. That's the issue. If they've been told every time they go "but the guest is already doing A, B and C, why can't he do D a well?" I have a hard time seeing why they still miss that.

It's really nice that some users are understanding and even try to find reasons. But the mods have been watching this for months now and it has come to the point where I really see why other users think nice explanations just don't cut it anymore too.

• 3 weeks later...

It's just getting out of hand as I explained above. SM do their best to get guests to stay if events are close to each other. But going from the amount "can't you get them to event X instead?" some people here seem to think SM are keeping annuncements back until 100 people asked. And that most definitely is not the case.

• 1 month later...