Quotes/Messages on Autographs

Dent_1

I usually let the guests write what they like, and have it personalised if they ask.

When I met Trev & Simon, Trev asked me if I wanted him to write anything, and I asked for "Swing your pants".

I would have gone for "We don't do duvets!"

• 1 month later...

I have a habit of getting guests to do paw prints with their autographs. My favourite was done by Brent Spiner. A true artist when it comes to animal limbs.

About half of my autographs I've had personalised with my pets names rather then mine. I figure I'm keeping them anyway so it's a tad more unique annnd I hate my name anyway!

• 9 months later...

On one poster I have the following  signatures and inscriptions by Apollo astronauts.

Buzz Aldrin - Apollo X1: July 16 - 24, 1969: Eagle - Columbia: Mare Tranquillitatis: Contact light: Magnificent desolation: Moonwalker: Armalcolite

Gene Cernan - Apollo 10: Charlie Brown & Snoopy: May 18 - 26, 1969: Apollo 17: America & Challenger: December 7 - 19, 1972: Taurus Littrow

Alan Bean - Apollo 12: Intrepid: Oceanus Procellarum: I can remember walking on the moon: Our progress in space exploration depends on money

Charlie Duke - Casper & Orion: April 16 - 27, 1972: Descartes: The parachutes are the most beautiful sight of the whole flight

Dave Scott - Falcon: Hadley Apennines: This is exploration at its greatest

James Lovell - Apollo 8: December 21 - 27, 1968: A grand oasis in the vastness of space

Al Worden - Apollo 15: Endeavour: July 26 - August 7, 1971: The moonwalkers picked up rocks I did science

Fred Haise - Apollo 13 LMP: Odyssey & Aquarius: April 11 - 17, 1970: Our problem occurred 200,000 miles from earth, boom, April 13, 1970 10.08pm EST

Richard Gordon - Apollo 12: Yankee Clipper: November 14 - 24, 1969: What the hell was that

Rusty Schwieckart - Apollo 9 LMP: Spider & Gumdrop: 3 - 13 Mar, 1969

Walter Cunningham - Apollo 7: Phoenix - the magnificent flying machine: Oct 11 - 22, 1968

Buzz was by far the most expensive at £660, Autographica 2015.

Edited by ianb
  • Like 1

• Moderators
8 hours ago, ianb said:

On one poster I have the following  signatures and inscriptions by Apollo astronauts.

Buzz Aldrin - Apollo X1: July 16 - 24, 1969: Eagle - Columbia: Mare Tranquillitatis: Contact light: Magnificent desolation: Moonwalker: Armalcolite

Gene Cernan - Apollo 10: Charlie Brown & Snoopy: May 18 - 26, 1969: Apollo 17: America & Challenger: December 7 - 19, 1972: Taurus Littrow

Alan Bean - Apollo 12: Intrepid: Oceanus Procellarum: I can remember walking on the moon: Our progress in space exploration depends on money

Charlie Duke - Casper & Orion: April 16 - 27, 1972: Descartes: The parachutes are the most beautiful sight of the whole flight

Dave Scott - Falcon: Hadley Apennines: This is exploration at its greatest

James Lovell - Apollo 8: December 21 - 27, 1968: A grand oasis in the vastness of space

Al Worden - Apollo 15: Endeavour: July 26 - August 7, 1971: The moonwalkers picked up rocks I did science

Fred Haise - Apollo 13 LMP: Odyssey & Aquarius: April 11 - 17, 1970: Our problem occurred 200,000 miles from earth, boom, April 13, 1970 10.08pm EST

Richard Gordon - Apollo 12: Yankee Clipper: November 14 - 24, 1969: What the hell was that

Rusty Schwieckart - Apollo 9 LMP: Spider & Gumdrop: 3 - 13 Mar, 1969

Walter Cunningham - Apollo 7: Phoenix - the magnificent flying machine: Oct 11 - 22, 1968

Buzz was by far the most expensive at £660, Autographica 2015.

Out of curiosity Ian, do you have any pictures you would be willing to share, that sounds like an amazing piece.

Stuart - as I have had a few problems uploading photos when I get home tonight I will email you the pictures.  In 2013 I went to dinner with Ken Mattingly from Apollo 16 and as we were going through to get autographs a man on our table took out a lunar surface poster which he had just had signed.  It looked good but it was just signatures and I thought I could do better.  Rather than just getting signatures in addition I have asked the astronauts for each Apollo mission (Except for 14) to write the mission name, the full dates of the mission, the call signs for the CSM and Lunar Lander, the Latin name for the landing site plus inscriptions. I have also had astronauts from the Apollo Soyuz Test Project and Skylab.  I saw Dee O'Hara the Apollo nurse and asked her to write "Drop them and cough" but she refused. 

• Like 1

one of my favourite ones was at LFCC last year.

i was meeting Gemma Whelan and a friend was with me, i pointed out that Gemma was left handed (for some reason almost everyone my friend knows is a lefty, including me) we chatted about it for a bit and then she signed it "to josh, all the best my fellow leftie!"

thats one that always makes me smile

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I recently met Michael Foale, the British astronaut who has been into space on six flights.  I knew that he had been on the international space station for a total of 194 days and that the station travels at 17,500 mph so I had him write "194 days @ 17,500 mph = 81,480,000 miles".

22 minutes ago, Law-dono said:

Didn't ask for the quote but Summer Glau wrote "no power in the verse can stop me" on a Serenity poster, one of my favourite lines of hers too.

Likewise, got a "Come with me if you want to live" on mine. Not her line technically, but still. :laugh:

Edited by wjbleming

30 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

Likewise, got a "Come with me if you want to live" on mine. Not her line technically, but still. :laugh:

She made it her own in that one scene, what did you get signed?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

The image of her half there, wires dangling from (what should be the rest of) her.

I think that was my favourite there, at least of the ones I can remember seeing.