With Thursday being cancelled

SM I´m really happy what you are doing for us fans here and for that a huge thank you, but well for people like me who come to London via plane, the thursday cancellation kinda sucks, because A) I would have had one more day of holiday left and B ) Now I have to pay 3 nights at an hotel ( which are not cheap ) , with the con now only from friday to sunday, 2 nights would have been enough then for me -_- for that I can´t unfortunately say thank you .

Edited by timlux
  • Like 2

My thoughts exactly. Flying in from Sweden suddenly one day is cancelled? Not enough tickets sold? Not enough guests or what?

What's the next surprise?

Now I really hope we at least can collect our gold passes on Thursday so we don't have to be standing in line at 0600 :(

• Like 1

My thoughts exactly. Flying in from Sweden suddenly one day is cancelled? Not enough tickets sold? Not enough guests or what?

What's the next surprise?

Now I really hope we at least can collect our gold passes on Thursday so we don't have to be standing in line at 0600 :(

I hope so, but even last year on saturday I only picked my Gold pass up around 8 o´clock and was very quick inside, even a bit before 9.

so if any thursday attendees don´t know what to do on thursday, contact me and we grab a bite and a few drinks.

Hm and I am surprised that nothing is mentioned yet by showmasters on the forum

Just Read my Email.... If you booked the whole Thursday - Sunday then you will receive a voucher for a Prop Photo? That is £5 worth... You can't be serious SM. I think you need to Rethink that at the very least you should send out an Autograph or Photo shoot voucher..up to the value of £15. Otherwise I think your having a laugh and lots of angry customers.. :no:

• Like 7

I got the email and having mixed views about this, as I have bought the 4-day ticket.

Mostly not-so-good ones though as I feel I'll have less time to do the things I planned to do, I had cosplays planned for all four days (my Thursday cosplay would have been Roy from The IT Crowd; have done this before but got a lighter jacket) and a few guests I plan to meet were scheduled for all four days.

Part of me hopes that one or two guests I plan to meet cancel so I can have more time (and save a bit of money) but will wait and see in case more guests who take my fancy are announced.

Still staying at the hotel on the Thursday so I can arrive early Friday.

Appreciate the complimentary prop photoshoot ticket but the email says it can be used over the weekend.

Does this mean we can't use this on the Friday?

What props will be there?

Also a suggestion for Showmasters if it's not too late: if you're hosting cosplay photoshoots, can the complimentary photoshoot ticket be used to give us cosplayers a choice between a cosplay photo or a prop photo (I know which one I'd choose)?

I'm sure I'll find something to do in London for the rest of Thursday (least I can have more time to freshen up at the hotel) and that I'll have a good time at the event.

Just Read my Email.... If you booked the whole Thursday - Sunday then you will receive a voucher for a Prop Photo? That is £5 worth... You can't be serious SM. I think you need to Rethink that at the very least you should send out an Autograph or Photo shoot voucher..up to the value of £15. Otherwise I think your having a laugh and lots of angry customers.. :no:

Looking at the gold pass details now being sold Friday to Sunday a prop shoot is included plus the 2 £10 auto and photo shoots. Doesn't look like a compensation for the cancelled day and price still the same as it was Thursday to Sunday.

unless theres a good guest to go with it
  • Like 1

For those with LFCC all day passes that included Thursday, including the Gold Pass - we will be giving you a complimentary Prop Photo Shoot to be used over the weekend – for the all day passes this will be sent to you as a print at home ticket in the next few days, for Gold Pass holders you’ll get a voucher along with your other vouchers on the day.

I agree that one free prop photo shoot is not enough for us who travel from abroad. (and especially if there are no props that interest me or have been there already thousand of times) I could change the hotel dates, but I can't change my flights, so yes, one extra day that will cost me more than what I receive in exchange. Also, I too was hoping to get my Gold Pass on Thursday when it's more quiet.

Oh well, I just have to come up with some activity for Thursday, maybe visit Harry Potter Studios?

For those with LFCC all day passes that included Thursday, including the Gold Pass - we will be giving you a complimentary Prop Photo Shoot to be used over the weekend for the all day passes this will be sent to you as a print at home ticket in the next few days, for Gold Pass holders youll get a voucher along with your other vouchers on the day.

I agree that one free prop photo shoot is not enough for us who travel from abroad. (and especially if there are no props that interest me or have been there already thousand of times) I could change the hotel dates, but I can't change my flights, so yes, one extra day that will cost me more than what I receive in exchange. Also, I too was hoping to get my Gold Pass on Thursday when it's more quiet.

Oh well, I just have to come up with some activity for Thursday, maybe visit Harry Potter Studios?

Harry potter studios well worth the visit, you'll get more out of your day too. Edited by kamikazemonkey
  • Like 1

It'd be nice if SM gave some insight into what's going on, rather than leaving us in the dark. It leads to people being confused, worried and annoyed.

First BoltonFCC is cancelled and now the Thursday of LFCC??

And the LFCC line-up isn't really where anyone expects it to be with only 7 weeks to go.

I'd much rather SM explained what was going on, outlining the issues/problems, than not saying anything at all.

• Like 6

It'd be nice if SM gave some insight into what's going on, rather than leaving us in the dark. It leads to people being confused, worried and annoyed.

And the LFCC line-up isn't really where anyone expects it to be with only 7 weeks to go.

I'd much rather SM explained what was going on, outlining the issues/problems, than not saying anything at all.

The line up is what I expected. Already meeting twice as many guests as last year

• Like 1

Not very happy that SM have canceled one day but are now charging the same amount for Friday - Sunday as Thursday - Sunday!!!

So all this means is SM don't have to rent the building Thursday saving thousands of ££££, but are getting all the money as everyone one else that wants the 3 days is paying for the 4th.

Lets be honest here guys the "Free" prop photo is costing them nothing. They are not doing anything favorable for us, while they try and make it seem that way.

• Like 2

Not very happy that SM have canceled one day but are now charging the same amount for Friday - Sunday as Thursday - Sunday!!!

So all this means is SM don't have to rent the building Thursday saving thousands of ££££, but are getting all the money as everyone one else that wants the 3 days is paying for the 4th.

Lets be honest here guys the "Free" prop photo is costing them nothing. They are not doing anything favorable for us, while they try and make it seem that way.

last years weekend tickets were £40 compared to this years prices, not sure how much the gold pass was. also the Friday was 2 hours less than a full day.

The line up is what I expected. Already meeting twice as many guests as last year

Your fandom tastes may vary. Think I've only got 3 guests I want so far, some years its been 30.

I'm sure they are probably contracted to the days they have booked.

Of course they still have to rent the building on Thursday, do you imagine they set up on the same day the event starts? It takes days to set up the convention, they will be paying for several days prior to the event, they're not saving money on the rent.