What do you like to do in your free time?

toria

So attending cons is one of my favourite things to do in my free time at the weekends (especially during the summer).

But in-between cons I find it hard to think of things for my partner and I to do in our spare time...

We go to the cinema pretty much every weekend, but I just wondered if anyone had something they enjoyed doing or any suggestions of places to visit or go when the weather is lovely outside? :)

You can't beat a walk on the beach if you have one in reasonable distance. Even if the weather is a bit crappy just wrap up and walk - lots to see on the shore, lovely fresh air and find a decent pub for lunch. Can't beat it.

You can't beat a walk on the beach if you have one in reasonable distance. Even if the weather is a bit crappy just wrap up and walk - lots to see on the shore, lovely fresh air and find a decent pub for lunch. Can't beat it.

Ooh you are so right :) There is something about seeing the sea that makes me so internally happy!

One of the reasons I attended Brighton Film and Comic Con this weekend just gone!

Unfortunately I am in Redhill so the coast is a bit of a trip for us!

I like travelling around the country looking at Castles. Check out English Heritage they castles all over England. They have event days were people dress up as knights and have battles. They are really good to see and a great day out. There are lots in the South East and many are easy to get too by Car or Train, otherwise I'm normally flying around the world looking for a mountain to climb. :smile:

• Like 1

I like to spend my evenings on my laptop browsing convention-based forums, continually pressing the refresh button in the hope of either a guest announcement or some kind of interaction from another forum member to me.

And by 'like' I mean 'it gets me through the lonely evenings'...

• Like 4

So attending cons is one of my favourite things to do in my free time at the weekends (especially during the summer).

But in-between cons I find it hard to think of things for my partner and I to do in our spare time...

We go to the cinema pretty much every weekend, but I just wondered if anyone had something they enjoyed doing or any suggestions of places to visit or go when the weather is lovely outside? :)

Sleep. My bed is heaven lol

I like to spend my evenings on my laptop browsing convention-based forums, continually pressing the refresh button in the hope of either a guest announcement or some kind of interaction from another forum member to me.

And by 'like' I mean 'it gets me through the lonely evenings'...

Starts humming the song "All by myself!!!"

I like travelling around the country looking at Castles. Check out English Heritage they castles all over England. They have event days were people dress up as knights and have battles. They are really good to see and a great day out. There are lots in the South East and many are easy to get too by Car or Train, otherwise I'm normally flying around the world looking for a mountain to climb. :smile:

I know quite a few people who are into re-enactment. One makes the chain mail from scratch

My hobbies include Tumblr, napping, trying/failing to nap, and uncontrollably crying over fictional characters (supposedly the reason why I have yet to ever form a significant bond with a real life human being).

You don't even need spare time to do it.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I spend most of my spare time moderating this forum, as the other mods will vouch at times it is like a full time job particularly in the run up to LFCC. Me and my wife had a baby in January so between that and shift work I don't have much spare time anymore lol, but in all seriousness we live in the Lake District so we go out about in the Lakes regularly and both spend a lot of time watching Florida Vloggers on youtube as Florida is a passion we share as a family. In addition like others I love going to the cinema and try to do this with friends as regularly as possible.

Edited by StuartG2198

Netflix & chill.

A tad adult for a family forum one might say

My bad! Edited to what chill means for me these days :(

It was only recent I found out what it meant and was like "What?". Times are a changing and so different from when "I were a lad" several decades ago!!

My hobbies include Tumblr, napping, trying/failing to nap, and uncontrollably crying over fictional characters (supposedly the reason why I have yet to ever form a significant bond with a real life human being).

You don't even need spare time to do it.

OOh me too!

Tumblr sucks days and days of my life out of me haha!!

I'm pretty sure i'm more emotionally invested in the lives of fictional characters than I am in real life :whistling:

• Like 1

Just looked it up - you're all a bunch of perverts! :angel:

Except me. I was super shocked when I found out what it meant. The youth of today have changed since I was a lad

Edited by CHAPPiE13
  • Like 1