Diamond Pass Update

The more diamond passes the less a gold pass is worth it because now you still have to get vq tickets for all these guests

But many of the guests wouldn't be attending without being on a diamond pass as they are very expensive to get, so you wouldn't using your gold pass to get them any way if they weren't there. As a gold pass holder you get in first so you all get first crack at the VQ tickets which means you should get to see them. Us poor non gold holders will be right back at the end of the queue and will be lucky to get through at all.

They are great if you want to meet loads of the guests as they do make it a lot easier for you but for attendee's like me it's not worth buying a gold pass for just a couple of guests, although obviously it depends on how much you want to meet someone and what you are willing to pay to do that.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 1

The more diamond passes the less a gold pass is worth it because now you still have to get vq tickets for all these guests

But many of the guests wouldn't be attending without being on a diamond pass as they are very expensive to get, so you wouldn't using your gold pass to get them any way if they weren't there. As a gold pass holder you get in first so you all get first crack at the VQ tickets which means you should get to see them. Us poor non gold holders will be right back at the end of the queue and will be lucky to get through at all.

They are great if you want to meet loads of the guests as they do make it a lot easier for you but for attendee's like me it's not worth buying a gold pass for just a couple of guests, although obviously it depends on how much you want to meet someone and what you are willing to pay to do that.

I agree there are some guests who without their diamond pass would not be attending as it's the only way that SM can afford for them to come. These are the Sigourney Weaver's and Michael J Fox's but there are other guests however where it seems (and I could be wrong) that SM are creating a diamond pass for them as they will be popular and this will make it easier for their fans to get a guaranteed pic and auto with them (which I do kinda understand), especially with Mads and Rutger as their diamond passes are being announced here after their initial announcement. As these guests could appear without needing a diamond pass however, it does lower the value of the Gold pass as you still have to get the VQ ticket. This does change a lot for gold pass holders as the initial idea of the pass was that you didn't have to turn up early in the morning to get VQ tickets and now you do. Yes, gold passes get let in early, but only by about 5 mins and for the people at the back of the gold queue, it actually works out as going in past normal opening on some days. It also doesn't help if when you get to a guest's area that the crew don't have the VQ tickets ready (as was the case with Christopher Lloyd last year) and get told to "go away" by the crew members, meaning that being let in early does nothing. I appreciate that it's harder to get VQ tickets for people on standard entry, but gold pass people are paying A LOT of extra money for their tickets and I don't think any of them are going to feel sorry for standard attendees who miss out, especially if they are as well. Sorry.

I have to agree with Klikklak2 that the more diamond guests their are, the less a gold pass is worth. If it was down to me I'd say that the gold passes could get used on the diamond guests as well (but go after diamond pass holders) and I would limit them a lot more than SM seem to have done in the past few years, maybe to only a hundred or two. But I don't run these shows and it's up to SM to do what they want, and I accept that. Just throwing out my opinion.

Edited by Wrong Name

So far the only diamond pass I got is for Ron Perlman, really needed to be sure to get everything from him, so I think it's a good way to get that peace of mind....

It's really a matter on how much you want that guest ... And how much you're willing to spend.... And how busy you think the guest will be....

Do not have a Diamond for Dolph, I got a garanteed photoshoot, but still hoping to get a signature as well trough VQ ticket....

Luckily I'm mainly more of a photoshoot guy, signature is a nice bonus but I don't need it for every guests, at the end it comes to a matter of time, money and priority.

For "smaller guests" on the contrary I just need signatures, this being the case for the Beverly Hills Cop cast.... Unless of course Eddie Murphy is announced at some point, I would need a Diamond for him, still believe he could be announced closer to the show, just as last year with MJ Fox

By the way has anyone already received their Diamond Passes trough mail?

I agree there are some guests who without their diamond pass would not be attending as it's the only way that SM can afford for them to come. These are the Sigourney Weaver's and Michael J Fox's but there are other guests however where it seems (and I could be wrong) that SM are creating a diamond pass for them as they will be popular and this will make it easier for their fans to get a guaranteed pic and auto with them (which I do kinda understand), especially with Mads and Rutger as their diamond passes are being announced here after their initial announcement. As these guests could appear without needing a diamond pass however, it does lower the value of the Gold pass as you still have to get the VQ ticket. This does change a lot for gold pass holders as the initial idea of the pass was that you didn't have to turn up early in the morning to get VQ tickets and now you do. Yes, gold passes get let in early, but only by about 5 mins and for the people at the back of the gold queue, it actually works out as going in past normal opening on some days. It also doesn't help if when you get to a guest's area that the crew don't have the VQ tickets ready (as was the case with Christopher Lloyd last year) and get told to "go away" by the crew members, meaning that being let in early does nothing. I appreciate that it's harder to get VQ tickets for people on standard entry, but gold pass people are paying A LOT of extra money for their tickets and I don't think any of them are going to feel sorry for standard attendees who miss out, especially if they are as well. Sorry.

I have to agree with Klikklak2 that the more diamond guests their are, the less a gold pass is worth. If it was down to me I'd say that the gold passes could get used on the diamond guests as well (but go after diamond pass holders) and I would limit them a lot more than SM seem to have done in the past few years, maybe to only a hundred or two. But I don't run these shows and it's up to SM to do what they want, and I accept that. Just throwing out my opinion.

Being a fellow Gold Pass holder have to agree with this... But it's just my opinion.

That being said if they are going to be a similar price to Jack Gleeson I could live with that as it is guaranteed and only £20/£30 more when you add everything up.

• Like 3

I have to agree on the diamond passes i think they are great way to guarantee yourself an autograph what with LFCC getting bigger every year and fandom getting more popular it just ensures you have a stress free experience, I bought the diamond pass for sigourney last year and i couldn't beleive how smooth and privilidged i felt when we were sent through it meant i could enjoy the con and not worry bout whether or not i would meet her because at the end of the day even if you get a VQ ticket with a low number doens't mean you are guaranteed to meet that said guest. I understand not everyone can afford them but if you can then I would reccomend them. Hence why im buying Rutger Hauer's diamond pass :)

So far the only diamond pass I got is for Ron Perlman, really needed to be sure to get everything from him, so I think it's a good way to get that peace of mind....

It's really a matter on how much you want that guest ... And how much you're willing to spend.... And how busy you think the guest will be....

Do not have a Diamond for Dolph, I got a garanteed photoshoot, but still hoping to get a signature as well trough VQ ticket....

Luckily I'm mainly more of a photoshoot guy, signature is a nice bonus but I don't need it for every guests, at the end it comes to a matter of time, money and priority.

For "smaller guests" on the contrary I just need signatures, this being the case for the Beverly Hills Cop cast.... Unless of course Eddie Murphy is announced at some point, I would need a Diamond for him, still believe he could be announced closer to the show, just as last year with MJ Fox

Me too!I still hope for Eddie Murphy.However, if i remember well, the last year at this point Michael J. Fox it had already been announced.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying that there shouldn't be diamond passes. I bought 2 of them last year and there is a good chance I will buy one this year as well if the right guest comes along. I also think they are a great way to guarantee getting autos and photos from guests. What I'm saying is the relationship between them and the gold passes might need a little more thought especially when it comes to the diamond pass guests who don't necessarily need a diamond pass to cover the costs of that guest attending the event.

I see a few ways of achieving this, one I listed above where you allow gold passes to have to get a vq tickets for the diamond guests, but diamond passes still have priority over them. This still happens and works in the photo sessions, I'm sure it could it the autos too. As I say, I think limiting the gold passes a lot more would also allow for more standard entry attendees to also get there autos.

Another option would be to scrap the gold passes altogether. If the main idea of them is so you don't need a vq ticket and a lot of the bigger names need one as they are diamond guests then there's no real point in the gold pass. I know there are smaller guests who aren't diamond, but with these guests it would be easy to get an auto without the need of the gold pass. I'm also aware that there are other benefits to the gold pass but I'm sure if you ask the majority of people who buy them, why they get it, it will be for the priority queuing that they get. Everything else is a bonus. If the gold pass was scrapped then more diamond passes could be added to more guests and it could be almost like having the gold but picking and choosing the guests you want it for, as long as the prices are kept sensible.

Once again, just my thoughts. I have worked in a similar industry but do not pretend I know how to run an event like this!

Edited by Wrong Name
  • Like 1

I don't mind diamond passes. It's how certain big US signing events have been operating for some time & with certain guests it's just a commercial reality that they'll be needed in order for the guest to be financially viable.

But I do wish they were announced at the same time you announce a guest. I have Mads photoshoot booked. If you're doing a diamond pass with talk & other extras included I'll want that instead as I have a few things I want him to sign & want to be guaranteed I can meet him. I presume we can upgrade but such things are a hassle.

• Like 1

yes i had two last year (christopher llloyd and robert eglund ) i was happy with them currently only have one (which wife bought me as birthday present ) which is ron pearlman most of the other guests i want are non diamond and thats why i got a goild pass to make sure i got the autos i wanted . i am mostly a photoshoot guy and i missing a few on friday due to cosplaying (only doing 5) so i dont miss the masquerade

• Like 1

I completely understand why there should be diamond passes (guests attend who otherwise wouldn't, it's a guarantee you'll meet the guest). I also understand why there should be gold passes, and they are a huge benefit. Guests like Dominic Monaghan, Elden Henson and Laurie Holden will be very busy guests and I don't have to worry about getting a VQT for them.

However, I do agree with the issue of gold pass holders needing VQTs for diamond guests.

LFCC last year was the first time i've bought a gold pass. But because I wanted Michael Gambon's autograph I queued outside of the venue about the same time as I would have had to if I just had regular entry instead of a gold pass. I'm going to have to do the same this year for Mads and Jack.

I understand that gold pass holders shouldn't just get free access to all diamond guests as that could lead to diamond pass holders not getting to meet the guests. I think it would be good if either gold pass holders got into the event about 20 minutes before regular attendees instead of 10 mins (just to allow time to work out the layout of the venue and get VQTs) OR I think gold pass holders should get one special ticket in their pass and that means they can queue for one non-exclusive diamond guest without a VQT. Some gold pass holders may not even want to meet any diamond guests, and also not every gold pass holder would use the ticket for the same diamond guest.

No need to say sorry :smile: every one sees things differently and from their own perspective/experience and I get what you are saying. Reading it from a gold pass holders perspective is good as it does highlight these issues for everyone to understand. Similar issues but on different levels really. It's my choice to come but to me, for the casual attendee it seems that Summer LFCC at least is getting more and more difficult to do with the priority access for more levels, the more things the guests do which limits the time they are available for any one thing.

I don't disagree with Diamond passes as I think they are a wonderful thing or the Gold passes as if you are going to want lots of the guests/or the bigger ones I appreciate that it takes a lot of stress out of it (or at least it did!) and have no problem with people going for that option. It's why I have the Platinum ticket at Sherlocked as I don't want the stress.

It's not SM or the way it's run really, it just seems that with a lot of the shows/films becoming mainstream it's getting harder and harder to do event's like this!

No need to say sorry :smile: every one sees things differently and from their own perspective/experience and I get what you are saying. Reading it from a gold pass holders perspective is good as it does highlight these issues for everyone to understand. Similar issues but on different levels really. It's my choice to come but to me, for the casual attendee it seems that Summer LFCC at least is getting more and more difficult to do with the priority access for more levels, the more things the guests do which limits the time they are available for any one thing.

I don't disagree with Diamond passes as I think they are a wonderful thing or the Gold passes as if you are going to want lots of the guests/or the bigger ones I appreciate that it takes a lot of stress out of it (or at least it did!) and have no problem with people going for that option. It's why I have the Platinum ticket at Sherlocked as I don't want the stress.

It's not SM or the way it's run really, it just seems that with a lot of the shows/films becoming mainstream it's getting harder and harder to do event's like this!

I completely agree. Just wanted to throw my view out there :)

As someone's who's been doing these event for years & never bought a gold pass I confess if I bought a diamond pass & gold pass holders were allowed access to the diamond guests subsequent to diamond pass holders without the need for a VQ ticket I'd be miffed. It would devalue the diamond pass (which is of course guest specific) & make the gold pass a thrifty alternative. I always thought gold was for if you had masses of guests you wanted to meet? I've never wanted to see more than 3/4 people at any event so it's never appealed.

Not sure it matters to diamond pass holders who comes after them and whether they have a VQ ticket or a Gold Pass, as long as Gold or VQ ticket holders aren't going through before. Diamond guests are available to all attendees unless otherwise specified (As with MJF) so once the Diamond holders go through others can as well though obviously it's time dependent.

Diamond pass is a bit expensive. Should be more in the package especially in the Dolph Lundgren diamond pass. He is my hero since Rocky 4 i know he played a negative role but watched all his movies. I bought the diamond pass soon as i knew dolph is attending LFCC i could not miss the chance.

Will diamond passes be available for purchase at the event on the day? Or are they only available in advance online? I really want to get Dolph Lundgren autograph but have not yet got a diamond and will probably risk on the Sunday with a VQ ticket. However if by 3:30pm I have had no luck I may have to run to the ticket office and buy a diamond. lol. ahhh decisions decisions haha

Will diamond passes be available for purchase at the event on the day? Or are they only available in advance online? I really want to get Dolph Lundgren autograph but have not yet got a diamond and will probably risk on the Sunday with a VQ ticket. However if by 3:30pm I have had no luck I may have to run to the ticket office and buy a diamond. lol. ahhh decisions decisions haha

I'm not sure with Diamond passes, with everything else, talks and photo's they are available at the event if they haven't sold out first but they won't hold any back specifically to only be sold at the show. If you want to pay £250 at that time on the Sunday in order to get his auto you might be lucky but should hopefully be unnecessary.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 1

I do think 3 queues would be a better system per guest though 1 for diamond 1 gold 1 for general

Ive seen this work well at other events and wouldn't confuse the blue t-shirts as much . No offence to the blue t-shirts intended

Only for popular guests obviously

Do not have a Diamond for Dolph, I got a garanteed photoshoot, but still hoping to get a signature as well trough VQ ticket....Luckily I'm mainly more of a photoshoot guy, signature is a nice bonus but I don't need it for every guests, at the end it comes to a matter of time, money and priority.

Me too!I still hope for Eddie Murphy.However, if i remember well, the last year at this point Michael J. Fox it had already been announced.

Michael J. Fox was announced mid-April , I remember cause I was away in France at the time of the announcement so I had a friend in front of the computer that called me to give me the info and if needed (it was indeed) ready to buy me ticket.

One year is not another SM can announce guest till the very last day, let's keep the faith...

Sigourney Weaver and Bill Paxton were announced late last year if I remember correctly

• Like 1

I do think 3 queues would be a better system per guest though 1 for diamond 1 gold 1 for general

Ive seen this work well at other events and wouldn't confuse the blue t-shirts as much . No offence to the blue t-shirts intended

Only for popular guests obviously

I remember Jeri Ryan having 2 queues, and it was a nightmare.

People buy a gold pass knowing they have to get VT's for Diamond quests. If you think this devalues your GP, then simply don't buy one. I've only ever bought a GP once, and honestly don't see the need for one. Yes it's nice getting priority queue access, but even when I've had 20+ guests I've done them all without a GP no probs.