Hotels

• 1 month later...

I've booked the Birmingham airport travel lodge. Does anyone know if there's a shuttle bus to the NEC OT would it just be a taxi back and forth?

If taxi is the best option, does anyone have an idea of the costs?

No idea. But if there's a shuttle bus to the airport terminal, there's a free electric train from there to the railway station which is attached to the NEC.

I booked the Ramada in Solihull. Does anyone know if that's pretty easy to get to/from the NEC?

Never been before

Hi, with the Ramada you're right in Solihull town centre.

If you're driving it's about 15-20 minutes max from where you are, you just need to connect up to the A45 and follow signs for the airport.

Alternatively, you can get the 966 Bus from Solihull town centre, takes about 35-40 minutes to get to International station but you can walk straight through undercover to the NEC from there.

I've booked the Birmingham airport travel lodge. Does anyone know if there's a shuttle bus to the NEC OT would it just be a taxi back and forth?

If taxi is the best option, does anyone have an idea of the costs?

There isn't a shuttle bus but the 900 and 900E buses stop right outside the travelodge on the A45. They'll take you right to International station where you can walk through to the NEC. On the way back the bus stops on the other side of the A45 there's a bridge right next to the bus stop that will link you back to the side your hotels on.

I booked the Ramada in Solihull. Does anyone know if that's pretty easy to get to/from the NEC?

Never been before

If you're driving it's about 15-20 minutes max from where you are, you just need to connect up to the A45 and follow signs for the airport.

Alternatively, you can get the 966 Bus from Solihull town centre, takes about 35-40 minutes to get to International station but you can walk straight through undercover to the NEC from there.

Cool! Thanks for the info 🤓

• 3 months later...

Never been before

Cool! Thanks for the info

I booked the Holiday Inn Solihull as my backup, used to live around there and it is dead easy to get to the NEC. It's one junction away on the M42 if going by car.

Edited by robmoriarty

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have booked The Briar Rose in Birmingham, Got four nights for 214 Pounds, (Double room.)

I thought that, we might have more to do in the evenings in Birmingham. and, as this is my friends first time in Birmingham, she might want to see something of the city.

Bus is working out at 4 Pounds return each day.

Edited by Justkate

When I checked, all hotels within walking distance of the NEC were full, and that was 3 weeks ago!

So I just followed the train line until I came across somewhere with vacancies through booking.com. So I've gone for a lovely b&b just south of the city. Means a train ride to the NEC but £165 for two nights in peace is fine by me and saves the cost and hassle of parking.

Edited by Ultimatequinoxe

If anyone wants/needs it, I'm about to cancel my booking.com reservation for the weekend at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham NEC - as I'm staying at my oldest mate's mum's house for the duration (a darn sight cheaper, payment she has requested is to be taken along on the Sunday!). Two double/twin rooms, so get in there quick!

If anyone wants/needs it, I'm about to cancel my booking.com reservation for the weekend at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham NEC - as I'm staying at my oldest mate's mum's house for the duration (a darn sight cheaper, payment she has requested is to be taken along on the Sunday!). Two double/twin rooms, so get in there quick!

Just had a look! They are offering a double/twin room (including breakfast) for 702 Pounds for 4 nights. I think I will stick to The Briar Rose!.....Thanks anyway robmoriarty!

• Like 1

Birmingham central moor street travel lodge is £138 which includes an early check in at 12pm. Means a train from Birmingham new street and another to NEC (airport train station) but is very close to moor street train station

Is that for one night gwynatlarche?

I'm hoping to take the 900 bus...Failing that, a train from New Street Station!

No it's for 2 nights

Thanks for the update gwynatlarche....Not a bad price. I'm staying in Birmingham, and the one thing i'm concerned about, and will have to investigate, is how to get back into Birmingham after the Saturday night party!