Frequently Asked Questions

You already have tickets for the paid talks, correct? For the paid talks if you have a ticket you will get in. It only depends if you want to be Close to the front or not. For the free talks it's always a matter of popularity. Also Crew may be asking not to start Queues before a certain time, that I have no info about. At least 15 minutes I'd say.

You already have tickets for the paid talks, correct? For the paid talks if you have a ticket you will get in. It only depends if you want to be Close to the front or not. For the free talks it's always a matter of popularity. Also Crew may be asking not to start Queues before a certain time, that I have no info about. At least 15 minutes I'd say.

Thanks, yes I have the tickets in addition to the two that came with the silver package. Not expecting to get to the front but hoping to get decent seats if I only have 10-20 minutes between talks/photo shoots

It only depends if you want to be Close to the front or not. For the free talks it's always a matter of popularity.

Just out of curiosity, during DSTL2012 your seat was whatever kind of ticket you've bought. So in my case it was a normal weekend ticket, so we sat quite in the back of the talk. This has changed?

It only depends if you want to be Close to the front or not. For the free talks it's always a matter of popularity.

Just out of curiosity, during DSTL2012 your seat was whatever kind of ticket you've bought. So in my case it was a normal weekend ticket, so we sat quite in the back of the talk. This has changed?

No, but some people still want to be at the very front of ther section.

Can you buy talk tickets at the event or do they need to be purchased online through the shop?

You should be able to buy tickets for any activity at the event as long as they haven't sold out.

I've got the commander package, will there be a final copy of the time table for the weekend in my pack? I've been sorting my photo and talk times etc and the timetable has changed a few times since it was released, I don't want to miss anything coz the times changed while I was travelling.

I've got the commander package, will there be a final copy of the time table for the weekend in my pack? I've been sorting my photo and talk times etc and the timetable has changed a few times since it was released, I don't want to miss anything coz the times changed while I was travelling.

As far as I'm aware they don't usually provide the timetable with the packs. They should have up to date timetables displayed around the floor, particularly by the info desk so if you want, just stop by and compare to see if there have been any last minute changes.

As far as I'm aware they don't usually provide the timetable with the packs. They should have up to date timetables displayed around the floor, particularly by the info desk so if you want, just stop by and compare to see if there have been any last minute changes.

Great thank you. I'm currently skiving from work sorting out my schedule for the weekend so really hope it doesn't change lol.

Can you buy talk tickets at the event or do they need to be purchased online through the shop?

I'd always advise buying beforehand. Queues have been smaller than they were at events since emailed tickets, but you can still waste a lot of time buying on the day.

I'd always advise buying beforehand. Queues have been smaller than they were at events since emailed tickets, but you can still waste a lot of time buying on the day.

Thank you, have now gone ahead and bought online just in case

Edited by Muppet

Don't know if this has been asked before so sorry if repeating. Just asking how big the photos will be at the shoots so I can size up something to carry them in.

FAQ:

What sort of photo will I receive at my photoshoot

At each of our photoshoots you will receive a 6" x 9" photo. This will be available for you to collect from the photo area as soon as your photoshoot has finished. So no need to wait. Don't forget to bring something with you on the day to keep your photos and/or autographs safe

Not exactly a reply but does the following statement, bracketed below, mean that all the seats for the free stages (particularly the Enterprise talk) can be taken by the package holders, leaving those with out package tickets locked out. Or is this an unclear statement relating to only to the main stage.

The main hall will be emptied after every talk. The priority seating in the free stages will be managed by the crew and cleared if needed between talks - ticket holders with priorty seating will be able to remain in their seats between talks at the crew's discretion, (but any non-ticket holders who were given the option to sit in these seats to fill space will be asked to move once the talk has finished).

I think it suggests that priority pass holders can stay in their seats for the free stage, but this is at the discretion of the crew but the main stage will be cleared after every talk. If it's anything like last year, it shouldn't be a problem on the free stage though. I had a weekend pass last year which had no priority for the talks and I was able to get a seat for every free talk I wanted bar one, and even then there was enough room to stand at the back so I was still able to hear the talk.