Destination Star Trek Europe 2016

Annick, I do feel the same as you I promise but we've got to respect the guests who will be coming all the same. Our frustrations are really directed at the people who put these cons together and supply poor info to their customers who quite frankly need to know how to plan and budget and not have silly game play. After all, we're only waiting to spend hundreds of pounds each!! I don't sadly think they'll ever get the message as they don't appear to actually understand their (especially)loyal customers.....Showmasters. If nothing else a statement from you is surely due to dampen the fire here?

I did see a message on face book from the organisers a couple of days back but it seems to have been removed now. Nothing about any additions. Am I wrong or do they not have to have at least 7 or 8 guests just to fill the photo groups. Now that they have added the autograph and photo shoot prices there is a link that has been added to the commander photo table so that must be up to date surely. So they need a number to fill this don't they.

From my point of view its never a case of respecting the guests, there are a number of people that I am very much looking forward to meeting. I'm just trying to plan, what do I need to book, how much funding do I need (more than I think). I don't want to miss anything but at the moment there are some unanswered questions but I know from the earlier email that there are a number of things still to be announced.

Have got to say, the line up is looking disappointing for a 50th anniversary :(

How can you say that? Shatner, Weaton, Takei, Lloyd

They are all AMAZING guests. Yes others might of been invited but you don't know what goes on behind the scenes in the busy SM towers!

I for one can't wait!

• Like 1

Hi all,

Will you be able to pay for autographs and photo shoots at the event or do u have to pre order?

I know when I went to comic con in London last year I was able to buy autographs there.

Thanks

Autographs can only be paid for at the event and cannot be pre booked. You can buy tickets for photo shoots at the event as long as they haven't sold out. Regarding auto's they should be using the VQ ticket system but package ticket holders will have priority access over VQ ticket holders for certain guests.

• Like 1

Have got to say, the line up is looking disappointing for a 50th anniversary :(

How can you say that? Shatner, Weaton, Takei, Lloyd

If you want to see or go for these guests, yes. But if you don't, the list is just a bit thin in other mans eyes.

One captain for a big party? Some one else (not here but I believe it was on Facebook) said that the first time DST looked more a celebration then this con...

No dis-respect for any guests. Just my honest opinion.

I think I'm right in saying there is a convention in America at the same time, so perhaps some stars will be opting to go there instead.

Yeah, nice planning (but not)... If these cons are known so far in time, then you would say they can think logical and do not plan then in the same weekend...

I think I'm right in saying there is a convention in America at the same time, so perhaps some stars will be opting to go there instead.

Yeah, nice planning (but not)... If these cons are known so far in time, then you would say they can think logical and do not plan then in the same weekend...

From what I can see there's two comic cons and a cruise, but no other Trek conventions over those dates. Only two Trek regulars at those instead of Birmingham.

From what I can see there's two comic cons and a cruise, but no other Trek conventions over those dates. Only two Trek regulars at those instead of Birmingham.

It does not always have to be Trek related. Lot of Trek actors go as guests to non-Trek cons.

Edited by Queen_Sindel
part of post removed

I understand everyone is antsy and you are all trying to be vague, but please can the other event discussion be stopped now? If I was really going by the rules I'd again have to hide posts now, and that really isn't fun for me either having to write this. The rule of thumb is "if you can find the event on Google with the info posted it is too much." Your post definitely had too much info even with me trying to look away Annick, this is why I removed part of it.

With all the events going on worldwide it is basically impossible to find a weekend that is completely free, especially with so many events being Comic Con style and covering multiüle fandoms nowadays.

Lucrezia, the Jonathan Frakes refunds should have been processed. Some attendees reported having received refunds.

The rule of thumb is "if you can find the event on Google with the info posted it is too much." .

But as always the problem with that is an actors name is enough to Google. Indeed if all you have to go on is actor as doing an event - as well finding that event in seconds you also find out about other many events and other guests attending those events - at the same time. So it really backfires.

It does not always have to be Trek related. Lot of Trek actors go as guests to non-Trek cons.

Actually the cruise is cancelled. There's only one Trek regular - Nichelle - at another event that weekend. All the info is on one page. A page which mentions Destination a fair bit I might add.

The rule of thumb is "if you can find the event on Google with the info posted it is too much." .

But as always the problem with that is an actors name is enough to Google. Indeed if all you have to go on is actor as doing an event - as well finding that event in seconds you also find out about other many events and other guests attending those events - at the same time. So it really backfires.

In this case it was more than an actor's name that was given.

Yes, technically we would have to remove anything giving a name only. This is why it's only a "rule of thumb." Some thumbs are longer than others. :P

We all realize that this rule of thumb requires a lot of judgment and Interpretation on part of the mods. But it's either that or we will be going strictly by the rule and delete anything, even Posts like "Scott Bakula is elsewhere that Weekend." Random Trek name that just popped into my head, I have no idea of the whereabouts of Mr Bakula.

I've already asked that a number of times before when there were post removals/edits: if the users on here would us rather have strict and delete anything I am sure the Office will give us approval for that. But I really don't think this is what anyone wants,

It is a tad frustrating that there has been little build up from the organisers for this event.

I'm still very much looking forward to it (one of my plans is to build a Genesis Device, wear my Khan outfit and get a pic playing tugowar with Lloyd on the Klingon bridge)

It's just a shame that updates are few and far between :(

• Like 2

Show masters seem really slow at updating the website. Still no groups for commander package autos and they haven't taken off Johnathan Frakes from the photo groups in the captain package. To fulfill the packages we need 1 £35+ guest and 6 £20-30 guests. Surely they are going to get a move on in announcing them. There's only 3 more weeks to go and people need to get organised

• Like 1