Destination Star Trek Europe 2016

I think I'm correct in saying there are more guest and photo opportunities listed on the main site that aren't detailed in the forum. Worth checking out if you haven't done so. And I would highly recommend the Gowron costume shoot if it's anything like 2012 DSTL 😆

COME ON THIS IS GETTING SILLY NOW .2 months to go and not enough guests. We need to be able to plan our weekend.

They will make announcements as and when they can Petertina, they have just had their biggest event of the year and now that it's over they will be able to get back to the other events.

COME ON THIS IS GETTING SILLY NOW .2 months to go and not enough guests. We need to be able to plan our weekend.

They will make announcements as and when they can Petertina, they have just had their biggest event of the year and now that it's over they will be able to get back to the other events.

Undoubtedly true, but any sense of momentum seems to have been completely lost this way. It needs to be regained, and soon.

I agree the lack of new guest announcements is disappointing. However because of William Shatner, Walter Koenig and George Takei I will be going. Anymore guests of interest which are added will be a bonus for me.

Agreed, the latter two definitely for me along with Will Wheaton are my top three must-haves this time.

To use a football analogy, I'd say the first 11 line-up looks pretty good at the moment, it's just that the squad could do with being filled out a bit!

This event does seem to have been a bit different this time round, in that there hasn't been one big announcement of guests followed by a few more but they've done well in the past so that gives me confidence they'll get it right this time as well.

To use a football analogy, I'd say the first 11 line-up looks pretty good at the moment, it's just that the squad could do with being filled out a bit!

This event does seem to have been a bit different this time round, in that there hasn't been one big announcement of guests followed by a few more but they've done well in the past so that gives me confidence they'll get it right this time as well.

Yes I'd go along with that too, though if we're going with a football theme it never hurts to have the odd star player or two on the bench who can come on to change the game if needed. A "super sub" if one of your star performers gets injured or *coughs* goes AWOL just before the match... :P

I have to admit that this is plodding along now week after week and doing nothing to build the excitement and anticipation for a convention to celebrate the 50 the ANNIVERSARY of Trek. This should be HUGE!!! DST3 had all guests and full timetables visible from near the first announcement and didn't alternate very much up to the actual event allowing attendees to plan and really feel the buzz for the build up.

• Like 2

Agree. What is going on SM? In 9 weeks all we've had is one confirmed and 2 rumored likely guest cancellations. 8 weeks to go - fewer guests announced than for DST3, no details of individual guest talks, no exhibitor details, package allocations still not clear, no timetable. Doesnt make for a great sense of anticipation . . .

• Like 3

I'm thinking Patrick Stewart is unlikely for this one, he's in a play in London at the time this event is on so I wonder if he would travel to Birmingham even for one day.

I wonder if we we will start to see a bit more for this event towards the end of the month/early in Spetember, they have just got one official Star Trek event out of the way, with another one coming up in America soon. Hopefully that means attention will change to the uk after that.

• Like 1