Nana and Rene Double Shoot!

Hi, I was at the con this morning and my partner had a photo shoot with Nana and then Rene. We were the first in the queue for Rene and just after Rene arrived Nana came back and about three people who were stood near the entrance doors to the photo area got to go in and have a double shoot!! After they had they're photos Nana left and no one else got offered a double shoot! I asked the lady by the doors and she said that the shoot had been arranged by some fans at Rene and Nana's autograph table and that it was nothing to do with showmasters. I am very annoyed about this because I know people were asking on the forum about a double shoot and my partner would have loved a double shoot. It was extremely unfair and I don't think it should have been allowed!

Nana and Rene may have known the fans and agreed to do something special for them. Sometimes if guests and fans know each other things not everyone has access to may happen. Normally it doesn't quite happen that much in the open though. I have no idea why they were allowed to do this in the photo area. But that*s certainly not the first thing I heard a story like this, from a lot of events of different organisers.

But basically it comes down to the guest wanting to do something. If a guest says yes to a posed photo and then SM crew stops the photo because the line's too long the crew member is the bad guy. Now the guest said yes to something, SM crew let it happen and again people are upset.

The lady at the door told you what she knew, that it wasn't an official thing. There really is no way to force this special arrangement (whatever it was) to be opened up for everyone.

I think I was just quite shocked that it was so open, right in between photo shoots and they had to go to the front of the line in order to do it. Also one of the people doing it said that he had a ticket for the just the Rene shoot and he got to use that for a double shoot. Like I said I just think it was unfair when lots of people wanted a double shoot. Thanks QS :)

I do agree it was unfair your partner got to miss out on a double shoot that they would have enjoyed. If they did it for one they should have offered it to others as not to show favoritism. It was especially bad to do it so open. But I also agree with Queen Sindel though that In a situation like this there's always going to be someone upset. Due to their schedules they have to stick to as to not disrupt other parts of the con (as in talks, shoots and autograph signing) so I can see why it would cause problems if they did offer the arrangement to everyone. :(

I wasn't there, I really have no idea how this was handled or if there were tickets or whatever. For all I know they had bought a ticket for Nana and invited her to the Rene shoot - don't laugh, I've seen that happen in the States. And in cases like that no organiser would let Nana wait in the regular line.

But in general, if you have known someone for a while you have a different relationship. You will react differently if someone you know asks you something or if a stranger does. That's human. I wouldn't call this "showing favoritism."

I've known a couple of guests for a long time now too. Once I got a certain photo in my hand and asked if one guest I had known for years could wrote a special quote on it. It was funny, but it could be read in two different ways. In fact when I asked them to do so the poor crew member sitting with them almost did a spit take because they got it "the other way". The guest gave me one look, laughed and said okay, they'd do it but only because it was me and they knew I wouldn't mess around with it. Would someone they had not been familiar got it? I doubt so.

• Like 1

Sorry, but referring back to the original poster of this message, why exactly was it not fair you didn't get something you didn't pay for? If a celebrity chooses to do something for someone, for reasons unknown to anyone else, surely that's their prerogative? How on earth could SM have stopped them from doing something they wanted to do? Just asking!

• Like 1

I wasn't there, I really have no idea how this was handled or if there were tickets or whatever. For all I know they had bought a ticket for Nana and invited her to the Rene shoot - don't laugh, I've seen that happen in the States. And in cases like that no organiser would let Nana wait in the regular line.

But in general, if you have known someone for a while you have a different relationship. You will react differently if someone you know asks you something or if a stranger does. That's human. I wouldn't call this "showing favoritism."

I've known a couple of guests for a long time now too. Once I got a certain photo in my hand and asked if one guest I had known for years could wrote a special quote on it. It was funny, but it could be read in two different ways. In fact when I asked them to do so the poor crew member sitting with them almost did a spit take because they got it "the other way". The guest gave me one look, laughed and said okay, they'd do it but only because it was me and they knew I wouldn't mess around with it. Would someone they had not been familiar got it? I doubt so.

I had something similar with a specially made photo of Dobby and Gollum. Both actors were at the event and one wrote to the other which in context was funny, but at first glance a tad controversial. Both thought it wad hilarious.

Sorry, but referring back to the original poster of this message, why exactly was it not fair you didn't get something you didn't pay for? If a celebrity chooses to do something for someone, for reasons unknown to anyone else, surely that's their prerogative? How on earth could SM have stopped them from doing something they wanted to do? Just asking!

Hi :) yes I did ask the fans who had arranged it and they said that had just asked them both earlier that morning and they had arranged on the basis it was just for those few. I don't think it was showing favouritism and if it had been done at the end of the shoot it wouldn't have been as bad but it was the fact it was right in front of us and no one else was given the choice. It didn't personally bother me it was more my partner who was disappointed as he was hoping a double shoot would be announced but I can imagine if this happened with guests I had wanted I would be disappointed to :) it wasn't about SM stopping them but more doing it in a more private way, I mean what if some guests decided to give free autographs or photoshoots to certain fans, a lot of people would be upset but it's the same principle that SM couldn't stop them :P