Happy Gilmore - Chubbs
In the Heat of the Night - Inspector Hampton Forbes
Tour of Duty - Colonel Brewster
Force 10 from Navarone - Weaver
Close Encounters of the Third Kind - MP

CLICK HERE for his filmography

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Carl was great but some embarrassment for me at his desk as I insisted I didn't want a personalisation and Carl said he ONLY personalised - had I known this I wouldn't have mentioned it and felt like a kn@b.

Also gloves and trunks were £20 and the forum didn't mention this, so found myself being harassed by the guy sitting with Carl for an extra £5 whilst Carl was signing. No big deal just better communication could have made my interaction a bit more enjoyable.

I hope to meet the Apollo Creed (Carl Weathers) at Brighton, I want some Gloves and Canvas print signed but no way do I want it personalised.

Please can someone clarify the position on this?

Please ask on the day. I have no info currently about the "personalisation only" rule. But this may differ from event to event anyway, so it's really best to check at the event.

The rule today seemed to be photos could be signed and not personalised (certainly the guy in front of me had his signed this way) but (and it did say this on the sign before you got anywhere near his desk) gloves etc HAD to be personalised. I can certainly see why as the guy in front of me proceeded to pull out 7 gloves for signing - I was highly dubious that these requested unsigned gloves were all for his personal collection (but hey, I could be wrong!).

I was only interested in getting a glove signed and the forum said autographs were £15, hence my protestations to the blue shirts on the line.

I also didn't want a personalisation but having read between the lines, looks like Carl only signs gloves if they are personalised...

I am really disappointed to learn that Boxing Gloves will only be personalised, Why would I want my name on the glove!

I am not a dealer my hobby is collecting in person autographs to create memorabilia for myself. Like all hobbies it can be expensive but at the same time it can be an investment in the future for my family, Personalisation kills the value of the product.

I hope this personalisation ruling will not spread to other celebrity's tables and start to become the rule. Also could it be made clear when the guest is announced any conditions that relate to signing rules and costs. Thank You.