Buzz Aldrin autograph fees

showmasters

Hi there

It is an item like a stamped cover that has not flown in space or claimed to be flown.

Dave phillips

Hello Dave

can you tell me if Buzz Aldrin would sign a stamped cover not flown on a mission

I queued up form some time a few shows back only to find when I was near the front of the queue that Buzz does not sign anything with a stamp on it.

if you could check and confirm that he is now signing stamped envelopes it would be appreciated

Twinnz,

You are dead right. How can an 11 x 14 warrant an extra £65 more than a 10 x 8. Never before have a met an astronaut that charges an additional £30 to write a mission number either. I am not doubting this man's achievements in history , but at least Dick Turpin wore a mask.

Kevla

• Like 1

Nobody has to justify their fee. That's the agreed price, either you pay it or you don't, it's your choice & nobody is forcing you. In the US a fee for adding an inscription is common & a few guests have been charging for it in the UK for a while.

I am quite happy to pay for the extra inscriptions as this will make my piece a lot more unusual and rarer. Most of the books and photos that are for sale have just his signature so having the opportunity to have the extras to me is well worth the money. I am having a book signed (£190), mission inscription (£30), date inscription (£30) and 10 additional words (£150). By having to choose just 10 words I have done my research and I have finally settled on 4 individual words and 3 pairs of words that all have a significant relevance to the Apollo 11 mission.

Nobody has to justify their fee. That's the agreed price, either you pay it or you don't, it's your choice & nobody is forcing you. In the US a fee for adding an inscription is common & a few guests have been charging for it in the UK for a while.

I assume you mean astronauts ? I've never known a single actor do that.

Hi there

It is an item like a stamped cover that has not flown in space or claimed to be flown.

Dave phillips

Hello Dave

can you tell me if Buzz Aldrin would sign a stamped cover not flown on a mission

I queued up form some time a few shows back only to find when I was near the front of the queue that Buzz does not sign anything with a stamp on it.

if you could check and confirm that he is now signing stamped envelopes it would be appreciated

Forgive my naivety, but you can't be talking about postage stamps ?

We weren't looking for justification, but like we said - the signature is the same either on an 8x10, 11x16 or 1000x5651 (just putting some random numbers), so we're not understanding where/why the difference comes from is all

"nobody is forcing you to buy it"... true, but that doesn't mean we can't ask a question about it.. Buyer's market also means you can/should make an informed decision, not that you should get slammed for daring to ask a question ...

Edited by twinzz
  • Like 1

I suspect the rationale comes down to resale value. A larger picture will often be seen as a more desirable item to sell on than a smaller picture. It does seem that Buzz takes more account than most of what the relative values are for the secondary market (worth remembering it's Buzz who sets the prices not Showmasters).You see this sort of pricing structure with some sports guests as well, a photo is one price but a shirt or piece of playing equipment is generally deemed to be more desirable and so the signing fees reflect that.

Edited by Count Fooku

I suspect the rationale comes down to resale value. A larger picture will often be seen as a more desirable item to sell on than a smaller picture. It does seem that Buzz takes more account than most of what the relative values are for the secondary market (worth remembering it's Buzz who sets the prices not Showmasters).You see this sort of pricing structure with some sports guests as well, a photo is one price but a shirt or piece of playing equipment is generally deemed to be more desirable and so the signing fees reflect that.

This started because there have been times where people have brought large canvas prints, for example a 2.5m long print of an Apple poster ad. After signing so many large items Buzz decided that he wanted to charge an increased fee for larger print items.