Star Wars Steelbooks

StuartG2198

They look amazing i have been looking at some but now they do look different to theses ones just hope they are not too expensive as i am a big star wars fan but havnt got the blu ray version yet really hoping for 3d blu ray to come out one day but these may do in the meantime

Edited by Qualmpeddler

They look amazing i have been looking at some but now they do look different to theses ones just hope they are not too expensive as i am a big star wars fan but havnt got the blu ray version yet really hoping for 3d blu ray to come out one day but these may do in the meantime

3D is not that popular these days. Especially for the home market. If you look, many new TVs aren't including 3D as a feature because people weren't buying them. Also, re-releasing the Star Wars films into cinemas with a 3D conversion was also not popular which is why it was only done for Episode 1 and not the rest.

3D is not that popular these days. Especially for the home market. If you look, many new TVs aren't including 3D as a feature because people weren't buying them. Also, re-releasing the Star Wars films into cinemas with a 3D conversion was also not popular which is why it was only done for Episode 1 and not the rest.

True :-) plus with 4k coming through but thats if 4k will be a success i heard maybe in the future will be 8k tv's will be available not sure if thats true tho

Edited by Qualmpeddler

I think it's poor show. Just re-releasing the previous blu rays. Some celebration. I don't even think the boxes look any good. It does not make sense to have Yoda on a box when the rest of the line up are villains.

A cause for celebration would have been to include the unaltered versions.

Original versions all the way for me not these updated editions.

Sorry to be a party pooper.

I preordered mine as soon as they became available, this is definitely a must and will look really nice next to my Indy steels, cannot wait for November for these. :)

according to amazon they come out in october i think http://www.amazon.co.uk/Star-Wars-Complete-Saga-Blu-ray/dp/B013GTX6JI/ref=sr_1_7?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1439152476&sr=1-7&keywords=star+wars+complete+saga

It's only the Disney deal that scuppered that. They completed work on Episodes 2 & 3, but can only show them for free at Celebrations.

I think it's poor show. Just re-releasing the previous blu rays. Some celebration. I don't even think the boxes look any good. It does not make sense to have Yoda on a box when the rest of the line up are villains.

Only 2 years away from the 40th.

I preordered mine as soon as they became available, this is definitely a must and will look really nice next to my Indy steels, cannot wait for November for these. :)

according to amazon they come out in october i think http://www.amazon.co.uk/Star-Wars-Complete-Saga-Blu-ray/dp/B013GTX6JI/ref=sr_1_7?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1439152476&sr=1-7&keywords=star+wars+complete+saga

WIth Zavvi its the 9th November, these are for the limited edition steels not the boxset :) http://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/star-wars-complete-collection-limited-edition-steelbooks/11158304.html:)

It's only the Disney deal that scuppered that. They completed work on Episodes 2 & 3, but can only show them for free at Celebrations.
That was part of it, but trust me as someone who works in the industry, 3D at home won't be around much longer.

That was part of it, but trust me as someone who works in the industry, 3D at home won't be around much longer.

Do you think its worth investing in 4k tv as i know at the moment there isnt much 4k content or do you think 21-9 tv's will be the way forward :-)

Do you think its worth investing in 4k tv as i know at the moment there isnt much 4k content or do you think 21-9 tv's will be the way forward :-)

I'd love to try and help, but knowing what will be the new thing in this business is A LOT harder than knowing what's on it's way out! Many people (including Xbox) put their money into HD-DVD only to have Bluray become the standard. And a similar thing happened with Laser Discs and DVDs before that. So even though companies are making these things, it doesn't mean they will take off. All I can say is that that some companies are looking the 4k 21-9 thing whereas I've heard others are looking into 8k. I think whatever you buy, a year or so later the new 'big thing' will be released and unless you have the finances then it's impossible to keep up. I myself am still rocking a 42" 1080p Plasma set and some of the people I work with still have CRT TVs as it's just too hard to keep up. Basically if you see a TV you like, then go for it but be wary if it's got new 'features' as they may not become standard. Sorry I can't be much help!

• Like 1

I'm holding off for a few years to get a Star Wars 1-9 Boxset. I'll be waiting a while...

The old films are with Fox and the new ones are with Disney so it might indeed be a while before there's a boxset with all of them in...

Edited by MLP*

Plenty of people will buy them just for the shiny tins rather than what's on the discs.

If you want the original theatrical versions, I suspect a 40th anniversary edition in 2017 is your best bet !

I'm holding off for a few years to get a Star Wars 1-9 Boxset. I'll be waiting a while...

The old films are with Fox and the new ones are with Disney so it might indeed be a while before there's a boxset with all of them in...

A guy can dream...