Sherlocked 2 and US event?

There are very few actors who would turn down work to attend a con, even the main stars. So even though as I said earlier that Martin and Benedict should have their work schedules given that they know what roles they have won and when filming is scheduled for it doesn't mean something won't come up work wise - like the examples already given or even potential last minute jobs; an actor might need replacing on a shoot last minute if they fall ill or pull out so you never know what can happen. I doubt that even actors at the top end of the market will automatically turn down a job that comes their way because they are booked in to do a weekend convention - they might have more flexibility to pick and choose what projects they work on but if they get offered a last minute role and it's something they are very interested in doing they aren't going to say no (this scenario would be vary unlikely though)

The main actors don't 'have' to be there. The reality is that without them SM probably wouldn't sell as many tickets and certainly not as many of the higher priced packages but no convention has to have the main guests. Additionally there is no such thing as a 'firm commitment' - All guests who are booked will be at the convention until they aren't. As QS says with this being an official con we should get the main cast even if they only commit to a day each but it's not guaranteed.

I'm sure we will get Ben again, I'm not sure if we will ever be lucky enough to get Martin but I'm holding out hopefully for them both.

They will not be able to charge the Platinum pass prices without Martin or Ben. One of the main actors has to be there to make it worth that kind of money. So, unless there are no top dollar packages tomorrow, I have to assume they do have a firm commitment from one of them.

Last years prices without them, sure, however they could still offer a platinum package without those 2 but at a lower price, the package type is just about what is included in it and the price reflects who it is with. I'd doubt Ben or Martin won't be there but you'd never know. Re the prices have a look at the cost of the VIP ticket in comparison to the rest of the packages for the next Chevron event!

Last years prices without them, sure, however they could still offer a platinum package without those 2 but at a lower price, the package type is just about what is included in it and the price reflects who it is with. I'd doubt Ben or Martin won't be there but you'd never know. Re the prices have a look at the cost of the VIP ticket in comparison to the rest of the packages for the next Chevron event!

Let's face it, the majority of people are going for Ben or Martin. Without them they will not make money. This is not a con where you can substitute anyone for Martin or Ben (except each other, and then you have no problem for the majority of fans).

Everything is happening at 12 noon tomorrow - tickets go up, venue details, guests so far booked. It's always very hard to judge what it will be like from event to event but as it has been pointed out I don't think a lot of the packages sold out completely last year (I think the weekend ones did but not the higher priced packages?) so if you don't want to buy straight away the I'd think it would be ok. The things that sold out very quickly last year where the photo shoots, especially the Ben ones.

Everything is happening at 12 noon tomorrow - tickets go up, venue details, guests so far booked. It's always very hard to judge what it will be like from event to event but as it has been pointed out I don't think a lot of the packages sold out completely last year (I think the weekend ones did but not the higher priced packages?) so if you don't want to buy straight away the I'd think it would be ok. The things that sold out very quickly last year where the photo shoots, especially the Ben ones.

Actually i think it was the packages that sold out first and one day tickets were the last to go. Still just panicking for no reason worst case is i cant book my ticket till 8pm tomorrow when i get home and they wont sell out of gold packages that quickly.

Actually i think it was the packages that sold out first and one day tickets were the last to go. Still just panicking for no reason worst case is i cant book my ticket till 8pm tomorrow when i get home and they wont sell out of gold packages that quickly.

Reading back through the old Sherlocked thread about upgrades (plus what I can remember from my own 'from silver to gold and then to platinum') they still had plenty of gold packages left in mid march (a good month and a bit after the tickets first went on sale) so fingers crossed they'll be plenty of time to buy tickets.

Reading back through the old Sherlocked thread about upgrades (plus what I can remember from my own 'from silver to gold and then to platinum') they still had plenty of gold packages left in mid march (a good month and a bit after the tickets first went on sale) so fingers crossed they'll be plenty of time to buy tickets.

This is how I remember it. I am almost positive the Saturday and weekend passes sold out, but not the other packages or Sunday. The more expensive tickets should be available if you don't purchase tomorrow.

I would love them to come.

I was a bit surprised yesterday reading this tweet exchange

https://twitter.com/SherlockedEvent/status/688012954885853185

It seems David Nellist wasn't contacted about possible attending... :no: How can they not invite Stamford?

Another point: have any of you been contacted by Showmasters by email?

They sent me a survey a while ago, but didn't bother to send out an information about the new event. Do they think that everyone has time to browse the net for information? It seems the issues about lack of information will come again. :thumbdown:

An email notification about the new Sherlocked event was sent out on the 15th Jan, if you didn't receive it, check spam folders and if it's gmail you registered with check your social and promotions folders as well just in case the system has gone a bit screwy again. We had issues with missing emails for the last event - there were some I didn't get though I know I was signed up. One eventually turned up in my promotions folder.

The survey was sent out by the Showmasters email but the one on the 15th was from the Sherlocked email so it might be there's an issue with those emails again? Maybe just re register for emails again as a precaution.

The e-mail issue that we knew about from last event has been fixed. I volunteered some of my addresses as test addresses, and I got the newsletter at each and every one. If something happens now it is something new.

Did you register on the website for updates? I am not sure if the survey offered that option, I filled in mine so long ago. The survey was sent out based on your previous ticket purchase, not on the newsletter list.

Guest negotiations are never commented on by the organiser. I am not involved with guest bookings, but we've had some very interesting variations of "no comment" when attendees asked guests on Twitter if they were going. Some just don't want to reveal ongoing negotiations.

Slightly nervous that the prices reflect certain people aren't coming but only time will tell.

Scratch that. Same price as last years so here's hoping!

I was about to ask if I was seeing a wrong ticket page. :lol:

We do have a shiny new event forum this way by the way: http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?showforum=354

Edited by Queen_Sindel