Tom Wilson "next year or 5 years"

Considering what Marc McClure said of his mate Tom Wilson; dragging him here "next year or 5 years" presumably referring to the next reunion and assuming that he was approached by SM how close did you get to him coming Showmasters?

never. he hates conventions and makes fun about that and he doesnt sign any back to the future stuff. and he doesnt speak about BTTF. everytime when he is doing an interview there is a contract so they cant ask about BTTF. there is not docu about BTTF with him. not for the 25th or 30th anniversary.

From the FAQ section of his website:

Q) You no longer sign any Back To The Future memorabilia. Is that true?
T) Yes, that's true.
Q) And why is that?
T) I've decided to do what I want to do in life, and follow my own path as an artist, so I've decided not to participate in any sort of nostalgia in which I'm marginalized as a pop icon of yesteryear. I no longer support in any way an insurmountable archetype, and now exclusively pursue the things that interest me.
Edited by Tolkienerd

I find this really really sad. Its an honour to have been in such an amazing trilogy that people love so much....I know it must get old people wanting to talk about the same thing all the time but its also a major privelige. I guess you just have to respect that opinion though I will never get my head around it :(

I can't tell you how excited I was that Zach Galligan had Gizmo in his photoshoot. He is owning his fame and knowing thats why most people would want to meet him. I really respect him for that and am honoured to have met him!!

never. he hates conventions and makes fun about that and he doesnt sign any back to the future stuff.

But 13 years ago, he was one of the first BTTF cast members to attend at conventions (e.g. FX 2002). So maybe one day, he will change his mind again. We'll see...

Of course, there must be people, who know him personally to soften him up (like Marc McClure). But I'd never say never.

At least, this year's reunion could have been a good chance. Too bad, he missed it.

People change their minds and circumstances change. There have been so many people who have done events that everyone said would absolutely NEVER do them. Michael J Fox would NEVER do one because of Parkinsons, Christopher Lloyd would NEVER do one because he's very shy and quiet. Diana Rigg would NEVER do one because she doesn't sign Avengers stuff. Ian McDiarmid would NEVER do one because he doesn't like fans paying for his autograph, Stallone and Schwarzenegger would NEVER do one because they don't need the money.

People change their minds. That stuff has been on his website for about 10 years. Just because I said something 10 years ago doesn't necessarily mean I think the same way now. I personally am quite happy to believe more in what Marc said at the event as he's a friend of his.

• Like 3