Praise to the Crew Members

Well to be honest I was kind of scared with my photoshoots this Sunday after the many stories I heard about Saturday, I managed to get all my photoshoots trough the day without any problem, special thanks to the red t-shirts, a lady with blue hair, that was helping with Sigourney Weaver PL photoshoot and a guy with a goatee, glasses a bit of a hair loss (seconded by a blue t-shirt bearded man) on the MJ Fox Delorean; he was also on the Christopher Lloyd Delorwan photoshoots.... Those guys knew what they were doing, were very helpful, funny , people oriented and managed everything perfectly

Thanks for the compliment - always nice after a weekend like that! Glad we was able to keep you smiling during the boring queing process, - and I know the rest of the crew appreciate you saying you had a good experience. Jusin..

• Like 1

shout out to the top bloke in charge of the line outside Phtoshoot 'D' on Saturday.

Didn't catch his name. Bushy black beard.

KInd, helpful,calm, loud, funny & informative.

Many thanks.

Sounds like it maybe Justin to me.

If he was shortish and looked like he was auditioning for that part of a mountain man it may be our lovely Justin who is forgoing cutting his hair and beard for a year for charity

T'was indeed me. You are most welcome. Glad I could keep you all smiling.

There was chaos this evening with the Christopher Lloyd issue.

I had a funny turn. That made me feel quite ill something that I've never experienced before (hyperventilating, dizziness, pins and needles in my hands - I really didn't know where I was and stuff). However the staff there were amazing and really looked after me. So I'd like to say thank you very very very much to the 3 ladies and the one bloke (sorry I don't have names). You helped me out so much during what was a very worrying new situation. Thank you.

Hi! I was one of those ladies. I was the blue shirt who gave you the bottle of water. I really hope you are feeling better now and that you had a good weekend. Thanks!!!

I'm a lot better now thanks. Took me a while to get out of the venue then it dawned on me I'd forgotten my suitcase so had to go back to the cloakroom. A very lengthy journey home with a hell of a lot of water.

I'm extremely grateful to you all for looking after me like you did. Although I'd rather have not had it happen to me how you guys dealt with it all became one of my highlights if that makes sense? So thank again

I understand it was very crowded round there, very hot and a few people were very upset. It wasn't easy for anyone crew and attendees alike. But in the end I felt like I knew you guys quite well hahaha

Thank you for the compliment it was a pleasure to help out! I am glad you got your auto in the end.

Also, the woman in the red shirt who helped was Mary and the guy was Paul, I am sorry I don't know who the other person was : )

The crew around the YALC area were great. They were all friendly, and the few guests that had VQ tickets were very well organised.

Most of the YALC attendees aren't regular SM attendees so getting feedback on here is hard, but so so glad you enjoyed YALC and the VQ's worked out for you :)

• Phil who ran Sigourney's autographs on Saturday and Photo C on Sunday

the Scottish guy in the black Showmasters t-shirt

Luke on Photo A

the big guy on Photo B (sorry, didn't get his name).

Rebecca with the red shirt on the third floor.

Gotta give shout outs (and cookies!!!) to Luke (The guy who lost his voice in Area A), Chris (He helped Luke on the Sunday) and the guy who was giving out the Rose Leslie VTs. You guys were awesome!!! :D

Edited by Siva
  • Like 1

I had a funny turn. That made me feel quite ill something that I've never experienced before (hyperventilating, dizziness, pins and needles in my hands - I really didn't know where I was and stuff). However the staff there were amazing and really looked after me. So I'd like to say thank you very very very much to the 3 ladies and the one bloke (sorry I don't have names). You helped me out so much during what was a very worrying new situation. Thank you.

Hi! I was one of those ladies. I was the blue shirt who gave you the bottle of water. I really hope you are feeling better now and that you had a good weekend. Thanks!!!

I'm a lot better now thanks. Took me a while to get out of the venue then it dawned on me I'd forgotten my suitcase so had to go back to the cloakroom. A very lengthy journey home with a hell of a lot of water.

I'm extremely grateful to you all for looking after me like you did. Although I'd rather have not had it happen to me how you guys dealt with it all became one of my highlights if that makes sense? So thank again

I understand it was very crowded round there, very hot and a few people were very upset. It wasn't easy for anyone crew and attendees alike. But in the end I felt like I knew you guys quite well hahaha

Thank you for the compliment it was a pleasure to help out! I am glad you got your auto in the end.

Also, the woman in the red shirt who helped was Mary and the guy was Paul, I am sorry I don't know who the other person was : )

Ah right cool. Now you've said Mary I remember her name now. I hope they too use the forums as I'd like to extend my thanks to them. It was a very difficult situation to handle that was out of the immediate crews control. I hope it calmed down for everyone.

• Like 1

Phil from Photo Area C on Sunday has seen your comments and asked if the following could be related to you guys that thanked him

'Well, i'm certainly feeling the love. Was told there were some compliments about me on the forum from the weekend. Thought i'd take a look and was completely blown away. Makes it all worthwhile. Can someone on the forums please send my heartfelt thanks to the posters.'

Forgot to mention the Sherliyn Fenn pit boss on Sunday. She knew everything, had to ask three people where Jennifer Rubin was but she knew straight away and gave clear detailed directions

Could have been 1 of two of us, but if was me then aw shucks thanks. Always aim to help when we can.

shout out to the top bloke in charge of the line outside Phtoshoot 'D' on Saturday.

Didn't catch his name. Bushy black beard.

KInd, helpful,calm, loud, funny & informative.

Many thanks.

Sounds like it maybe Justin to me.

If he was shortish and looked like he was auditioning for that part of a mountain man it may be our lovely Justin who is forgoing cutting his hair and beard for a year for charity

yes. Justin was his name. Top bloke.

I would just like to add my thanks to the staff. You guys were awesome on the Saturday. Had a pang of sympathy for Luke in photo area A. I felt the instructions given at the top of his voice were very clear, yet he was still getting bombarded with silly questions. Hats off to you sir for keeping your cool.

Also to the red shirt in the organisers booth where you purchase photoshoot tickets. A short lady with glasses I didn't catch her name. As Rose Leslie had cancelled Saturday but was still attending Sunday (I wasn't going on Sunday) I wanted to exchange for another shoot for later on in the day. She was very sympathetic, and explained that's not possible and I would be given a refund when the event was over. You performed your job with a smile, hats off to you.

There were obviously some issues that will need to be looked at for next years event, but that is for another thread☺. Events like this will always have some issues and you will never make everyone happy. It's a constant learning curve, no matter how long you have been doing events like this.

Queen, Jason, TooTall and all the other staff at Showmasters - please accept my gracious thanks and pass it on to all of your staff. YOU GUYS ROCK 👍👏👍👏👍👏

For my part, I was to say big thank you to the lady running Richard Dean Anderson's photo shoot queue on Friday. I got to the photo shoot at 1.30pm when it started, but because I had batch 2, thought I would not be able to join the queue until later. So came back after 15 minutes to find the queue in a complete mess and that the batches had appeared to be ignored. I joined the queue, and despite that fact that the first shoot was to get al the way through batch 2, it only got through diamond/gold passes before the rest of us were sent away until 6pm. We were all pretty irrupted about this and made our thoughts heard loudly several times to this poor lady, who was taking it all very patiently, calmly, and respectfully.

I later returned at 5.15pm, not wanting to miss out a second time. When it got to 6 o'clock, she organised the queue into batches like a star. Like she said, there was only one of her, but lots of us, and she coped tremendously. When I got my place in the queue, she informed us that they might not even get to batch 2 this time round (I feel for those in batch 3 and 4), and said we'd have priority tomorrow. To which there was an outcry from people saying they were only there for Friday. I was amongst this group. Thankfully she said that because we were only there that day that e could be given priority, and sent close to the front of the queue, meaning I was able to get my photo.

LFCC need more crew members like this. Not only was she good at managing a crowd, had a our voice so everyone could hear, but she was very patient, calm, and poke respectfully to all of us. Thank you.

Thank-you

This is either myself or Sam. We both have brown hair and glasses so not sure how to seperate us. I wasn't at the earlier shoot but I was at the second shoot and was if fact attending that day and almost missed my own photoshoots due to jumping in and helping out so it's nice to know it helped someone out there! Also it was probably me at the second shoot as I am quite loud and I remember saying I am only one person :)

I'm glad you got through and got the photo

Seeing you your avatar photo, it was definitely you. So you're welcome and thank you again, I can only imagine how tough that job was.

Want to give my thanks to all the crew on the Richard Dean Anderson photoshoot Sunday afternoon dealing with my queries beforehand I was worried I may miss it and kept checking back to see if I could join the que, every time I asked I was treated courteously and helpfully, I cant remember the guy's name that was sorting out the batches, but he was great. When I did get around to having it done, there was a guy called, I think it was Rich on his name badge who asked me and actually called me by name if I was okay and enjoying the day. Sorry if I looked a bit startled but I'm sure I know you, but the heat was getting to me a bit by then and didn't mean to be rude if I didnt recognise you :blush:

All the crew members I had dealings with on the day were fabulous and you are all stars :clap:

I had some really bad experiences, which I've already mentioned. Best crew member for me by far was the guy running the late Robert Englund Shoot on Saturday. Really professional, really jovial, made everyone relax after all the stress we'd been under. Got us into safe, sensible queues in seconds and kept it that way. Don't know his name, but super job! Get this guy on the high stress shoots, like Photo A next year, he doesn't treat you like sheep!

Sounds like you joined the cult of Luke. Was he making jokes and being generally funny plus has a beard. That would be Luke! :)

Ummmmmm, didn't the Late Saturday Robert Shoot get moved to Photo F??? If so, that would have been me! :-p

Regardless of who it was, we all really appreciate the positive feedback, it makes the aches worthwhile!

I think you'll find that Luke, Phil and Stuart are definately already pencilled in for those positions for the next 10 years! ;-)

Is Stuart the name of the big blonde man? :smile:

That's me :) Though I've never been blonde in my life - the light must have been very flattering as it's pure grey!

Mr Dazzler - I think you'll find that Luke, Phil and I are handing over our photoshoot areas to Barry to run simultaneously next time :angel::whistling:

In your dreams Stuart!!!!

Want to give my thanks to all the crew on the Richard Dean Anderson photoshoot Sunday afternoon dealing with my queries beforehand I was worried I may miss it and kept checking back to see if I could join the que, every time I asked I was treated courteously and helpfully, I cant remember the guy's name that was sorting out the batches, but he was great. When I did get around to having it done, there was a guy called, I think it was Rich on his name badge who asked me and actually called me by name if I was okay and enjoying the day. Sorry if I looked a bit startled but I'm sure I know you, but the heat was getting to me a bit by then and didn't mean to be rude if I didnt recognise you :blush:

All the crew members I had dealings with on the day were fabulous and you are all stars :clap:

It was indeed Richard who was scanning tickets!

The queuing guy in the afternoon was Russell.

Both were working their first show so I'm glad they made an impression! Wonderful feedback for them :)

Obviously Luke and Chris for his handling of Area A on Sunday. They made the wait so entertaining and successully sorted out the daunting task of getting all those people to have their photos taken in an orderly fashion!

I think it was Big Guy on Photo B aka Stuart who, not only gave off a very reassuring air of knowing what he was doing, but also managed to get me and a few other latecomers our photoshoot with Marc McClure once Bill Paxton's session ended. I thought that photoshoot was lost, so thanks to him and Marc for being so accomodating!

I think it was the Mountain Man :D who had to give people the news that Rose Leslie could not make it on Saturday. He probably had to explain the situation and answer our same silly questions a million times, without once losing his cool and his good manners. Hats off yo you sir!

The black haired girl who scanned the tickets for one of the photoshoot areas and said to everyone "Thanks love", "Thank you sweetheart". It is a small thing, but she gave a bit of warmth to a mechanic, thankless task, and she always put a smile on my face - a very nice thing to have just before a photoshoot :)

Sounds you had a panic attack. Not surprising with the heat and numbers of people but I'm glad there were people to support and help you out. :)

Many blue shirts did great. But I was surprised by how little info the crew seems to have received prior to the event. Really fundamental stuff like layout should be mandatory knowledge. On Friday I asked 3 blue shirts where the super stage was and got 3 different answers only one of which was correct