Kelly Hu no longer attending Sunday

I know these things happen, but Showmasters should have made this known a lot earlier...

I hope she comes back - she was the only guest I was after today :(

Edited by Spookie
  • Like 1

I wasn't there Friday and Saturday due to work BUT the announcement should've been made first thing rather than after numerous people asked and Kelly tweeted about it herself and from what I hear they were still selling her photoshoots Sunday morning 😠

I was lucky to get her autograph on Friday but did not know about her non showing on Sunday until I got to photo booth E and found her name had been crossed out. Went around the corner to the Organizers Booth by the Super Stage & they did not know anything about it.

Was meant to be getting her auto and had a photo booked for Sunday but by pure luck I had a break on Saturday and she was quite so went and got my auto. As I was leaving I said see you tomorrow at which point she told she wasn't there Sunday so I went down to sales desk to change my photo shoot to her afternoon sat shoot. The desk were unaware and I was told as they hadn't been informed she had cancelled they can't change it but as they knew me they'd let go through her sat shoot so was lucky.

Unfortunately the change came so late that the show had already started,

I only found out when I ran for a quick break during work and wanted to get her autograph myself, not finding her. After checking I still decided to put it up to save some people possibly looking further as there have been numerous posts about someone not finding a guest.

Again my apologies for trying to be helpful, admittedly with late notice. :P

This is one of the suggestions that will definitely be brought forward from this event, yes. I was throwing stuff on here as I was given it, but if I am not walking around cause I get roped in for crewing in one of the not quite central area it's difficult for pit bosses to grab me. :lol:

Of course then we'll get the attendees saying "I am not on Twitter", but it may be at least worth a try.

Maybe so but at least for the ones of us that are it'd lessen the clogging up of photo shoot areas etc as we'd stay away until called and quite frankly if I wasn't already on Twitter I'd gladly sign up just for the event if it helped me out and I feel it does they can always deactivate it at the end of the weekend!

Edited by ericsdonor

You're really optimistic to think people listen to the photoshoot batches being announced on Twitter. After seeing how many people seemed to have no problem with standing around in photo A or at the tables of slow signers for hours even after being told to check back in an hour at the earliest I got my doubts about that.

How about screens around the venue, similar to ones you'd get at a train station or waiting room? That way they can be easily updated with information, moved about, whatever's needed.

Cancellations, reschedules and VQ updates would ideal so there's no constant circling of the venue from all attendees.

How about screens around the venue, similar to ones you'd get at a train station or waiting room? That way they can be easily updated with information, moved about, whatever's needed.

Cancellations, reschedules and VQ updates would ideal so there's no constant circling of the venue from all attendees.

Could you imagine the cabling you'd need to do that! And trying a wireless solution would cause even more issues!

Could you imagine the cabling you'd need to do that! And trying a wireless solution would cause even more issues!

Only a suggestion as other events can handle it.