Next Weekend Just Stop For a Minute

It can all be too easy to get caught up in the day/s and spend your time going from one area to another, looking at your watch, checking your tickets, joining another queue etc.

So as someone who has been going since the first event in 2004, just take a moment, stop, take everything in and actually realise that you are there and what an amazing event this is. In addition to the fund raising that has been going on for Parkinsons Disease through the Up to 88 campaign you will see a number of other charitable organisations raising money through Cosplay etc over the weekend.

An event like this is really a demonstration of the massive power of bringing together lots of like minded people and fans for an incredible weekend that can also do a bit of good for others that might also be not as fortunate as well. Say hello to the person in the queue in front of you, you have something in common as you are likely queuing up for a guest you both admire whether that be an auto, a photoshoot, a talk. I've made some great friends over the years.

It will get busy at times. Don't forget the showmasters staff, crew and cosplayers are just people like the rest of us, be respectful and pleasant and most of all enjoy it, have a great day or weekend.

• Like 25

As a first time convention attendee and Cosplayer, I will certainly be drinking the atmosphere in (and water) over the whole weekend and make the best of it, and be thankful to be part of a community sharing such a special time together.

Can't wait! :D

What a great post! We're all going to be there because we share a similar passion. It's definitely going to get busy but like you've said people need to remain respectful. I really don't want to see people shouting abuse at the stuff or running around without any consideration for other attendees. We're all going to have to wait in queues at some point so instead of getting angry let's make the best of it and make new friends. It's going to be an amazing weekend! I can't wait! :)

• Like 1

Totally echo that sentiment, been to quite a few Conventions and also signing events - manners cost nothing, embrace the fact that everyone is there to have a good time - chance to meet new people. Yes there will be queues ...but so worth the result. And as someone who also ran her own Convention full respect to Organisers and Crew too :clap:

• Like 2

This will be my first time at a convention and getting nervous. I know there will be queues. I have a photo session booked with Richard Dean Anderson which is sold out on the Friday, which is the day i am going, how many will there be in a batch? anyone know. I aim to get his autograph too if possible and others, does it finish dead on 8 pm or will it go on longer till everyone has had their turn?

I can't wait till next Friday and hope it is what I have been told.

Also where do I find the photo times, do I have to log onto the Forum or are they put on the site somewhere else as it is a week to go and no sign of anything>

thanks.

Don't worry about a thing, Friday will be very busy. If you just doing RDA then you have no worries. A Photo Shoot Batch is 100 People, So to give you an idea a Photographer can do 400 in an hour... 8pm will be the end, the guests will leave and the crew will be helping you out of the building before the lights go out... I'm sure you will find lots to do. The Photo times will be published soon. They are Announced like the Guest Announcements just keep checking there... Remember not to mention it again.. or the Big Evil MODS come screaming and shouting at you.. Overall have fun. :smile:

• Like 2

The Photo times will be published soon. They are Announced like the Guest Announcements just keep checking there... Remember not to mention it again.. or the Big Evil MODS come screaming and shouting at you.. Overall have fun. :smile:

You haven't seen me screaming or shouting yet, my dear camel. :whistling:

• Like 3