Preview day Friday - what is there?

Apologies if this is discussed anywhere else but I couldn't find anything definitive - I have only just found out this is happening next week and as the Sat/Sun tickets are sold out I was thinking of just going the Friday - what is the difference with it being a preview day?

Obviously some of the special guests will not be there but will all the stores/vendors etc be?

Friday is slowly becoming a bigger day. You can get autos, photoshoots and you can browse the stalls. Last year I went on Saturday and Sunday and I was so busy that I did not get a chance to shop so this year I'm going all 3 days. Trust me there will still be plenty to do on the Friday :D

• Like 2

No problem! I should of added that you can see what days guests are doing here ---> http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=84940So you can find out who is doing the Friday. As for if all the stalls will be there on Friday, I have no clue but I'm sure there will be loads of stalls. Like I said Friday is getting much bigger so I doubt that vendors will want to miss out.

This year is the first time it isn't really a 'preview' day. It's just less hours. Pretty much the same stuff as the other days though.

Yeah when you work out the opening later and closing later, the Friday is only 2 hours less than the Saturday or Sunday

This year is the first time it isn't really a 'preview' day. It's just less hours. Pretty much the same stuff as the other days though.

Yeah when you work out the opening later and closing later, the Friday is only 2 hours less than the Saturday or Sunday

Main reason Im only going on a Friday this year for the 'quiet' as I never want to go on a Saturday ever again. Although I am gutted that most of the big names cant attend Friday aswell.

Saturday won't be as bad as last time, but to each their own. But yeah, missing out on saturday/sunday will mean you'll always miss out on a guest or two. Most major guests can only do the weekend days or even just one of them,

Friday will get bigger and bigger each year the rate it's going.

Friday last year was great and so much so I've booked it this year again! I managed to get a majority of my autographs and a nosey around the stalls without any hassle.

Edited by Emz11
  • Like 1

Thanks guys - I have not been to one of these before - if I get there on Friday for 1pm is there likely to be a long queue? If so is it better to get there a bit earlier or later?

There will be a longer queue than in previous years. I would recommend getting there at least an hour before it opens

Apologies if this is discussed anywhere else but I couldn't find anything definitive - I have only just found out this is happening next week and as the Sat/Sun tickets are sold out I was thinking of just going the Friday - what is the difference with it being a preview day?

Obviously some of the special guests will not be there but will all the stores/vendors etc be?

To be honest I don't think you are going to see much of a difference this year. Over the last few years it has been just an evening event for a couple of hours and has generally been a lot quieter than the Saturday and Sunday. This year is afternoon and evening and like yourself I think a lot of people who haven't managed to secure tickets for the weekend will now go on Friday making it much busier, it may even sell out. In terms of what happens, well pretty much the same as the other days, stalls, autos, photoshoots. The only real difference is that there not as many guests there generally on the Friday, although on the flipside there are some guests that do Friday only. I would advise buying any tickets beforehand though, because I recall a big queue at the photoshoot sales table last year on arrival with people buying photoshoot tickets for the rest of the weekend. (Note, this hopefully will be slightly easier this year with Eventbrite ticket sales going on all weekend).