The Adventures Of Sherlocked...

Sassy1988

Well said!! Now if you can post the same on Facebook and Twitter some barmy people may actually finally see sense!!!

Thank you! I've already posted it on Twitter here https://twitter.com/KatkaHlouskova/status/592996623145373697

Now I'm going to do same on FB

Sorry, wrong link :angel: This one should work http://twitter.com/KatkaHlouskova/status/592996623145373697

Ok, I honestly don't know why it isn't working when clicking on it, but it is working when you copy it.

I agree, there were things to do for free for those that had day tickets or weekend tickets and didnt want to or couldn't spend more. The museum of props and costumes was amazing, when else do we get the chance to see stuff like that? And if you're a fan of the show wouldn't you want to see that? I've seen some disparaging remarks on facebook about them but I was incredibly impressed with the amount of stuff brought in. And the sets were incredible, the level of detail was mind blowing and I could have spent hours just looking at it all. Also there were lots of free talks and also free autographs from the crew members including Steven Moffat. Yes Steven and Sue were incrediblly busy all weekend but you could get to see them if you made the effort. No there weren't loads of stalls, but that's because it was an official convention and it wouldn't be appropriate to have loads of stalls selling the kinds of general stuff you'd see at LFCC or Collectormania, and if people couldn't afford the talks or the photos or autographs they weren't really likely to be spending money on merchandise anyway were they? I've seen lots of comments that normally you get a lot more for a convention ticket, but they're forgetting that usually for weekend conventions you'd be paying around £100 for a ticket, not £29 for the ticket.

• Like 1

Oh what a wonderfully exciting event! I think it will take some time for all the little details and puzzle pieces to sink in as it was an overwhelming experience for mind and body alike.

There were so many highlights, one of them of course meeting Benedict. Naturally, his photo shoot as well as the autograph session felt a bit rushed as some of you already pointed out, but let's be honest it was to be expected and it didn't take away from the overall fantastic experience. I got a nice autograph and a laser-beam smile (geez he does have big hands and extraordinary eyes - great seeing those face to face..;-), then I got a beautiful picture, a "nice to meet you" and a gentle pat on the shoulder. What more do you need? He was his usual articulate self during the talk and it was a delight listening to him.

Andrew was super friendly and welcoming, very nice and cordial, Mark and Steven were great together, witty and eloquent. Rupert was a riot, and Loo taking the time to hug and talk to everyone was amazing. Una is a wonderful wonderful, charming lady.

All the guests were very welcoming and generous and it was fantastic for them to come to such an event considering the fact that they all are busy bees (especially Benedict who could easily have moved on meanwhile and do something else in his spare time); they spent their weekend with us and were just SPLENDID company!

There surely are a thousand things I failed to mention, but I'll stop for now and reminisce some more about a wonderful and unforgettable experience….. :coolthumb:

• Like 4

Well said!! Now if you can post the same on Facebook and Twitter some barmy people may actually finally see sense!!!

Thank you! I've already posted it on Twitter here https://twitter.com/KatkaHlouskova/status/592996623145373697

Now I'm going to do same on FB

Sorry, wrong link :angel: This one should work http://twitter.com/KatkaHlouskova/status/592996623145373697

Ok, I honestly don't know why it isn't working when clicking on it, but it is working when you copy it.

There is a blank too much in your link (after the last 7). This blank ist misinterpreted in "%A0". The the error.

I usually do the hotel-based cons, and I have only been to one or two of the LFCC style events, so as this was a hybrid, I wasn't really sure of what to expect.

As I wasn't staying "on site", I knew I wouldn't be able to go to the parties, but from earlier comments, it looks like I didn't miss anything.

Friday night was bit of a scramble in 2 hours. The queue for the props/costumes museum was long, and when I finally got in, it was a bit too crowded to take clear shots. I went back in the last half hour on Sunday and got good shots of everything. The bus was a fun item, I wasn't expecting that! the John Watson exhibition again was a bit crowded. I got shots of the 2 posters, and will print them large enough to read all the text.

I managed to get photo shoots with everyone I wanted. It was a bit mad on Sunday afternoon though, as I had to go to Rupert and Mark's later shoots, in order not to miss the "Ladies of Sherlock" talk, but that was my only horrible clash as a Gold group D. Benedict and Lara's shoots were a bit of a sausage factory, but if a guest is only there on one day, what else can you do? He was suffering from a cold, but you wouldn't have known it, he was very courteous to everyone. She had just come off the back of a full week of performances in "Gypsy", but was wonderful with everybody. Shout out to both!

As for autographs, I managed to get Rupert, Jonathan, Lars, Clive and Elizabeth in quick succession on Saturday afternoon. I managed Andrew and Lara's on Sunday morning,Sue and Una's in the afternoon, and thanks to a very understanding crew member, Steven Moffat's at 5:30 pm on Sunday. She let me out of the queue to go to Mark's photo shoot, and back in at the exact point I'd been standing. The only one I completely missed was Louise Brealey. The queue always seemed to be enormous, and eventually I gave up any hope of getting her signature. It was the only bad point of the whole weekend.

I also managed to see more of the talks than I thought I would. I missed Andrew's solo talk on Saturday as I had to get a photo with Benedict, but saw his hilarious talk with Mark on Sunday. By the way, I'm sure I heard him singing the James Bond theme at some point in his Saturday talk. Can anyone tell me what he said about his part in the new movie? Over both days I did get to see every guest on stage at some point.

Other memories....

The poor woman standing in Una's photo shoot queue on Sunday afternoon, with her fingers in her ears, as she knew the loud bang would be coming from the SFX display.

Chatting with the lady from France about Wolf Hall while waiting for Mark's photo shoot on Sunday afternoon.

Rupert Graves saying, when the questioner asked if Lestrade was still married, he thought poor Greg would be visiting Spearmint Rhino. A lot of us laughed, but the questioner didn't know what he meant and it had to be explained. The reason I mention this, is that on Monday after the con, I decided to have a walk through London before getting my train in the afternoon. After grabbing a coffee at Speedy's, I was strolling from Euston Square Station down Tottenham Court Road and suddenly saw the canopy outside the club entrance! Weird, but funny! :o

Edited by maggiem

Well as some of you know I didn’t make it to Sherlocked on Saturday as an accident on Friday night left me with a broken rib and wrist. However my brilliant father was sweet enough to drive myself and my cousin down to the excel centre at the very least I could get my cousin into the event with the ticket I had got for her. She had a photo with BC (see below) so she was very happy. It was the first time she had ever been to something like this and didn’t know what to except but she loved it.

DHBC.jpg

• Like 1

Belated realization moment: one thing I did not do at Sherlocked was ask Lars Mikkelsen if he was related to Mads, thinking, "He probably gets that all the time, just because they share a fairly common surname." And of course they're only brothers, aren't they? D'oh! AND I didn't realize that they were both in the rather good Flame & Citron (Flammen & Citronen) - I knew Mads was (he played Citronen), but not Lars. If I hadn't been so distracted by work and other things these last few months I would have done a little more IMDb research beforehand. Ah, well - it's probably a good thing as Lars no doubt still gets that all the time... :mellow:

• Like 1

I had a wonderful time. Saturday was a bit rushed going straight from one photo shoot to the next and as such I had to make some sacrifices and I missed a few talks, but Sunday was a lot calmer for me a spent all morning in the talks and had a great seat as I skipped the crew photo in order to be in the front of the gold queue. I chose to skip the afternoon talks in order to get the signatures i wanted, and just wander around without feeling rushed.

The highlight for me was my photo with Benedict and Rupert even if i was to shy to say more than hi, and I found Sundays mornings talk with Jonathan and Rupert particularly brillant those two really played off each other well in that talk. I loved Rupert joking that Lestrade would never socialize with Anderson and Jonathan taking mock offence and pretending to get up and walk of stage. I loved those two together so much. Didn't know all that much about Jonathan before but I found him great and really engaging in his talk and really nice nice when I got his autograph, so sad I missed his photo. I'll certainly be keeping more of an eye out for him now.

Louise B was also adorable and totally worth waiting in line for her autograph again I was too shy to say more than a few muttered words but she actually asked me for hug like she couldn't just let me go. I could tell she found the photo shoot hard though she didn't really seem to enjoy it and found posing uncomfortable but she did her best to as requested.

I thanked Lara for taking the time to see us all in her signing and her response was aww aren't fans so polite like she was honestly surprised by this. In my photo I got called back as the photographer was good enough to notice that I'd blinked before my photo had even printed and Lara joked I got another picture as I was 'just that good' .

Loved Rupert and got brave enough to ask for a hug on my 221b set photo and he was more than obliging really nice welcoming guy.

Again to shy to speak much with Andrew but he seemed sweet funny and welcoming of his fans, he told me he thought my dress was pretty in my photo. Sad I had closed eyes in my pic staff did say I could go again, but after my photo with mark had the same issue but 2nd pic was worse but they ripped the first one up already I wasn't taking the chance. I am cursed to blink every time my picture is taken, so very glad by picture with BC came out wonderful first go as I would have felt bad to go again even if they'd offered with so may people waiting.

Mark seemed nice but a little reserved in person, but then I think with the VIP stuff as well he had a lot to do and he was still welcoming.

Only spent a few seconds with Benedict but he took the time to say nice to meet you with me and everyone in his photo shoot as far as i could see and shake few hands with those brave enough to ask.

wasn't really interested in the one episode guests so i didn't meet those, I felt given the number of things to do i was happy to skip them do get the stuff i really wanted to do in.

So in summery i had the time of life even if i did feel a little stressed running from one thing to the next and if there ever is a second Sherlocked I'm determined to actually get over my nerves and speak to guests. By the end of the weekend I'd managed to move from nervous hi and shuffling on to thanking the guest for making the time to do this and meet us, so I feel like next time I might even manage a word or to two of meaningful conversation.

Edited by ascendant.angel
  • Like 1

Got the chance now to write a bit more detail on the event.

Friday

Registration was very smooth, I was quite near the front of the Gold Package queue so was done and dusted not that long after 2.00 p.m. and had my Event Badge and Gold Package Badge. Had some good chats with others waiting in the queue, a couple who had come down from Manchester for the event and one had a Gold Package as a birthday treat, also a lady who had come over from America and also the people in front who had spotted Dame Kelly Holmes in the café opposite and was happy to hold their place for the chap in front so he could go over and get a photo with Kelly.

Saturday

Arrived an hour or so before opening and went into S7 to queue up, a fair queue there already, gave you an understanding of how many gold packages etc had been sold. Entry seemed to go smoothly and was in not long after 9.00 a.m. Had planned to start getting autos but no guests were there at that point so went round with a friend getting shots of the London bus, the 221B door, the Costumes whilst they weren't too busy. Then the next few hours was all about getting the photos, with Mark, Ben, Lars, Rupert and the Group Shot, somewhere in there I think I managed to get a few autos as well, so by the time I went for the queue for Ben's talk it all felt well underway. Realised I had left it a bit late to get into his talk so whilst I wasn't too far back I was over on the far side so didn't have the greatest of views but it was a good talk and Benedict seemed relaxed and a little bit overawed perhaps as well saying the crowd had given Comic Con (San Diego) a run for their money. Grabbed some well needed food as well during the talk to prepare for the afternoon.

The afternoon was more photoshoots with Una and Louise B and then I made the best effort I could to get round all the guests to get autos and managed all but Louise B on day one. Also watched the Group talk with Clive, Louise B, Louise BR and Jonathan which was great and Louise B was definitely the highlight. Good talk as well with Rupert and Lars.

Had some trouble tracking down the free autos, no one seemed to know where they were but with some persistence managed to track down Danny Hargreaves and Arwel Jones and get their autos and have a little chat with each. Also managed to go back to the desk and get an auto from Louis Moffat as well.

Sunday

Again up their fairly early and again into the hall promptly , headed straight to the Louise B auto queue and was pleased to hear she was signing before her first photoshoot so was first in the queue, what a lovely lady, asked me about my job, was I enjoying it etc and I thanked her for such an entertaining talk yesterday.

Then made it a priority to get Lara's autograph as soon as I could so managed to get that fairly early in the morning which meant I didn't have to worry about getting any other autos later in the day.

Then more photoshoots and also the excellent talk with Andrew and Mark which was one of the highlights of the weekend for me, although I was also determined to get to the Mark and Steven one as well which I managed to do which was good but not as entertaining as the earlier one.

Photoshoots then with the rest of the guests on day two , including the crew shot which was slightly better structured than the group shot of the day before and it was great to get a photo with them all. And one of, if not my favourite Photoshoot of the weekend on the 221B set having tea with Mrs Hudson.

Had a better look on day two at the merchandise stands and there looked like some interesting stuff but having spent a lot just for the weekend itself didn't make any further purchases.

I was amazed at how far people had travelled for the event and it was great to share the experience with so many Sherlock fans from all over the world over the weekend and chat to them about their experience, their favourites from the show etc The guests were great to meet, Louise Brealey was a delight, Andrew Scott was funny and engaging and hopefully they all had a great time too.

Roll on Sherlocked 2 !

Got the chance now to write a bit more detail on the event.

Friday

Registration was very smooth, I was quite near the front of the Gold Package queue so was done and dusted not that long after 2.00 p.m. and had my Event Badge and Gold Package Badge. Had some good chats with others waiting in the queue, a couple who had come down from Manchester for the event and one had a Gold Package as a birthday treat, also a lady who had come over from America and also the people in front who had spotted Dame Kelly Holmes in the café opposite and was happy to hold their place for the chap in front so he could go over and get a photo with Kelly.

Ah hello again! *waves*

I had such a good birthday, it was amazing. I also agree, I was too surprised at exactly how far people had travelled; just goes to show that if you build it, they will come!

Well,

I had a weekend ticket and had a blast. Although I would love some more activities for 'regular' pass holders that do not include autographs or photoshoots. But I already posted that in the feedback thread. Maybe some more fan-stalls would be fun too. Anyway, here we go;

Friday:

I entered the hall for the pass, met some friends and a staffmember said it would've been cool if I skateboarded dramatically towards the registration. A few hours later I returned complete in Khan cosplay and had quite fun. Went out for dinner with a few people I met and then they sneaked me on to the parties. I kinda laughed at the parties because I remember applying as DJ for them. Unfortunately they never got my e-mails so maybe next time. As seen above by others, the parties weren't very interesting and I expect they were the same on Saturday.

Saturday:

Qo'Nos Khan enters the building! I remember walking in the hall and people going 'OOH! There's a Khan!'. To me, it's a bit of a foreign concept to queue for entry again when you've already got your pass, but it's not something that bothers me. It's just weird to me. Hahaha. After we got in I instantly went to the Bakerstreetbabes booth and the coslocked booth. Met up with friends and chilled around on the 'red' carpet. Walked a bit around, went to the Fanlocked panel at the second stage and then went to the SFX show. (I'll be studying Prop design & Special effects next year, so I was super happy for that). After that I met up with friends again, sat outside the main hall where Benedict was holding his talk. It was hilarious when he did his chewbacca because we just looked at eachother going "What the HELL WAS THAT!?" and I laughed and said it sounded like a dying whale :"D. We then thought it might've been his chewbacca. A quick look on twitter confirmed it. We then went outside to get lunch and had a rave on the field in front of the ExCel centre, as the weather allowed it and I brought music.

When we got back inside, I got approached for the cosplay masquerade and said yes. Suddenly this threw my cosplay plans off, so I had a quick thought but went for it. I'd send the music to them in the night. Then I went shooting at the Bakerstreet babes booth. This is where I started scaring people on the accuracy of my Khan, as I instantly shot Sherlock right between the eyes. And I shot again, on the exact same spot so the dart fell down. They asked me to shoot John instead. So I shot John in his right eye. Then his left eye. And again Sherlock in his right eye and his nose. People watching me were a bit unsettled with that hahaha. Then my friend offered to shoot as well and eventually we shot eachother while wearing masks.

Then we split up and met up with other friends, chat a bit and posed for pics. Around closing time I left off and went for a light dinner as I had trouble eating. (Not sure what triggered it, may have been the binder..)

9fS7mZ2l.jpg

Sunday:

I just couldn't wake up properly. I really didn't get started. So I only arrived at the con around 10:30-11:00. Still in Qo'Nos Khan. This time more people approached me for pics and I met up at our now trusted red carpet spot. I checked if they got my music and yes they did.

Around 12:15, we, the people for the costume parade, got ready and walked towards the second stage. They put me last as I was the only one with a skit and music, AND a non-Sherlock cosplayer. I think people really enjoyed the parade and my act. Then we had to get back in line, and the moment I lift my gun in the air, the SFX show started with the large BANG, so we just cheered for the insane timing and making it look like I actually fired my gun. Hahaha. After that I quickly changed costumes and returned in the Silver coat from the London Scene, still Khan. Went back to our hangout point and got approached to participate in the Bakerstreetbabes podcast and thought I was supposed to ask questions. Instead we were seated on stage and got asked questions ourselves. Suddenly Lars Mikkelsen happened and he crashed our panel. Got sat next to me and was a total sweetheart with fans. After the podcast I changed a little: Changed boots and coat, and went to Stratford for dinner. I looked pretty funny in half my Khan cosplay walking around a busy mall with a fake plastic gun in a bag :"D. Back at the hotel I took my 3rd shower in the weekend (All that hairspray is horrible). I then went to shop for some groceries, chilled with some people from my room and went to bed.

And on monday I went back to the Netherlands :)

Well,

I had a weekend ticket and had a blast. Although I would love some more activities for 'regular' pass holders that do not include autographs or photoshoots. But I already posted that in the feedback thread. Maybe some more fan-stalls would be fun too. Anyway, here we go;

Friday:

I entered the hall for the pass, met some friends and a staffmember said it would've been cool if I skateboarded dramatically towards the registration. A few hours later I returned complete in Khan cosplay and had quite fun. Went out for dinner with a few people I met and then they sneaked me on to the parties. I kinda laughed at the parties because I remember applying as DJ for them. Unfortunately they never got my e-mails so maybe next time. As seen above by others, the parties weren't very interesting and I expect they were the same on Saturday.

We danced like newlyweds on crack.

It was awesome.