Changes to Docklands Light Railway This Weekend

GoldenGreen

I thought this would be helpful to share as many people will be using the DLR to get to Excel this weekend, changes are mainly to do with the impact of the London Marathon on the Sunday.

E-mail from Transport for London below:

"I am writing to let you know there will be changes to routes and frequencies on Docklands Light Railway services on Sunday 26 April as a result of the Virgin Money London Marathon.

Services will change as follows: • Trains from Beckton and Woolwich Arsenal will not run between Poplar and Bank/Tower Gateway. During this time, please change at Poplar for Canary Wharf to continue your journey to Bank or Tower Gateway. For central London, please use Jubilee line services from Canning Town • Station entry and exit points will change at Tower Gateway, Shadwell, Greenwich and Cutty Sark to prevent overcrowding • Trains between Tower Gateway and Lewisham will begin at 05:30 • Docklands Light Railway services will operate as normal from 17:30

In addition, from Wednesday 22 until Saturday 25 April, some services will be busier than usual due to the registration event taking place at ExCeL."

• Like 1

Thanks Golden

For the uninitiated like me, does that advice tell of any disruption between Royal Albert to Paddington on the Sunday morning? Thanks in advance!

From Paddington you would need to get the Bakerloo to Baker Street (very apt :-) ) then the Jubilee line to Canning Town, change here for the DLR and it is 4 stops to Prince Albert on the DLR.

Thanks GG!

I'll be travelling the other way on Sunday, hopefully weighed down by goodies from a successful Friday and Saturday, but presumably from what you've said there should be no disruption either way?

Just do the route in reverse that I mentioned and you'll be fine. :-)

• Like 1

From Paddington you would need to get the Bakerloo to Baker Street (very apt :-) ) then the Jubilee line to Canning Town, change here for the DLR and it is 4 stops to Prince Albert on the DLR.

Exactly our route !! Touchdown in LHR at 5.40 p.m. friday evening Rushing into Heathrow Express and hoping to be on time at ExCel for "CheckIn" right before 8 p.m.

Thanks GG!

I'll be travelling the other way on Sunday, hopefully weighed down by goodies from a successful Friday and Saturday, but presumably from what you've said there should be no disruption either way?

Just do the route in reverse that I mentioned and you'll be fine. :-)

Thanks again GG!

We are travelling back now and when we left this morning Canning Road was closed- not sure if this was because it was 6am or due to the marathon, so best check before you travel I suggest. We had to take the DLR to Canary Wharf and get the underground there in the end...

• Like 1