New to Chevron?

raiden58237

Hey guys n girls!

This is for all you new guys n girls who are attending there first Chevron and have no idea what to expect, well let big Rich break it all down for you. Just so you know this break is only a rough draft and normally Too Tall will post the schedule up a few days before so you know what to expect but it normally goes along these lines.

Friday:

Screaming, shouting and hugging as it's a large family meet up for us all :)
Introduction panel from the organizers and the guests.

Gold and VIP private party in the bar area for an hour.

PARTY!!! (Don't expect to be going to bed early this night)

Saturday:

Saturday you go round and get autos / photo's whilst chatting away in the ques to random people who you then become con mates with :)

Saturday there are also normally guest talks in the afternoon so you can ask the guests a few questions, they talk about themselves etc.

On Saturday there is also an auction where you have the chance to purchase original scripts, props, autographs etc. This auction might be on Sunday depending on schedule plan.

Saturday evening PARTY LIKE IT'S 1969! (Don't expect to be going to bed early this night either)

Sunday:

Sunday you can get all the autos and photo's that you didn't get the previous day so don't worry about getting them all in one day, you do normally have the next day as well.

Afternoon you normally get guests talks again etc.

Sunday evening for the past few chevrons has been quiz night which is really good and fun to join in and there are always great prices at the end for the winners and also some very disturbing team names made up :) (Yeah I don't think you'll be getting much sleep the whole weekend)

If you are walking around and your a bit lost or confused as to what is happening then feel free to ask a fellow con mate. Everyone who attends is really nice and kind and loving and most importantly huggable. Don't feel left out at the con. If you don't know anyone then please feel free to find me, come on over and say hi. I will gladly talk to you and introduce you to my great, amazing friends who are always there :) If you don't know what I look like then look for the guy who dresses like Eli Wallace or the guy who can't stop hugging people.

Regarding to cosplay please do not feel obligated to cosplay. It is not something that you have to do and we wouldn't want to force it onto you either. Its the same with the party themes, you don't have to wear something that matches the party theme. We want everyone to feel as comfortable as possible at Chevron.

Anyway I hope this helps you new guys n girls out with Chevron. If you get stuck or wanna know some more stuff all from the fans point of view of course then please feel free to post below and I'm sure someone will reply. See you at Chevron.

P.S DAVID BLUE!

Eli-Wallace-stargate-universe-21617091-2

• Like 4

Hi Raiden :)

Thank you for all the explanaitions :)

Me and my boyfriend will be there for the first Time and we are from Germany so no native speakers and I was Wondering if that could be a problem?! We usualy get in touch with people very easy as we are open persons but I dont know if Language barriers will cause some problems :(

Sorry for any typos

See you there :)

Shara

A lot of the people there will not be native speakers, me included, but everyone is really nice and no one will bite your head off because you don't speak English perfectly. People there are very nice and as long as you can make some basic communication in English, you'll be fine :) All the programme is happening in English, so you might have troubles understanding some of the panels, though.

Edited by SammyRomie

Also for any newbies who are attending chevron this year feel free at meal times to ask to sit with people for at meal times we don't bite we are all there to make friends and have fun and we are always happy to have anyone sit with us when we are eating. Join in with as much as possible the more you do the more AWESOME everything is but don't feel you have to spend money on everything. Feel free to chat to everyone we all love to hat about anything and we dont mind if you are new to stargate or any other scifi/fantasy we just LOVE to chat.

Hi Raiden :)

Thank you for all the explanaitions :)

Me and my boyfriend will be there for the first Time and we are from Germany so no native speakers and I was Wondering if that could be a problem?! We usualy get in touch with people very easy as we are open persons but I dont know if Language barriers will cause some problems :(

Sorry for any typos

See you there :)

Shara

Hey Shara06

Don't worry too much about your English. As long as you have basic English you will be fine. One of my mates is from Germany and can speak it fluent so if there are any issues which you are unsure about then I can always ask her to translate for us if she doesn't mind doing so. In case any of you are wondering who I am, I'm the weird crazy guy who keeps posting David Blue pictures in the Chevron 8.2 Facebook group.

Yes I forgot about the crew. Sorry guys :( All of the crew who help run the Chevron events are also very very friendly and really good at what they do. They can always help you out as well. They deserve more credit then what they are given.

• Like 1

Any newbies are welcomed with open armes. come chat with everyone, dont feel afraid to ask to sit with someone even at meal times and dont see abliged to shy aways from talking about anything whethere it be stargate or anything else. so have fun and make friends.

Also for those new to the Heathrow area - If you're getting a coach/plane/train to the central bus terminal. The local buses are free and drop off right next to the hotel, so you can save a few quid from a hoppa bus.

You'll need the 555, 285, 111, 105 or 140 and they run pretty regularly.