New post on the site

Raylenth

Just seen this on the Facebook feed on the Sherlocked site and am posting it here as it hasn't come through on email yet.

17 hrs ·

Over the next few days our event posters will start to appear at Baker Street and Leicester Square Tube Stations in London - if you spot one between now and the event, take a selfie with it and post it here, then bring the pic to the event to show the Info desk and you will be given a little special Sherlocked gift for your efforts!

10428127_421403581369413_768416001148215

That red border is making me cry inside.

I hope it's just the surface behind the poster... /designsnob

What a cute campaign!

ALL THE TIMES ARE CONVENIENT FOR SHERLOCK.

I'll be honest..I feel like it's a bit late to be promoting this in this way though...isn't everything sold out or close to for anyone to only now hear about the convention?

Not criticizing, just curious about the marketing thought behind this. :)

"The world's only Consulting Detective is now taking cases" Yeahhh so I got a little too excited in the office when I saw this just now! :stretcher:

I'm sure this isn't for really marketing as such but just to give the really dedicted (and conveniently located) fans an extra something. There's no point advertising a sold out convention! Would probably cause a few problems with people turning up just to peek in through the doors etc.

• Like 1

I read it that as long as you have posted the pic here just show it on your phone but you could print out your post here as well if you were worried as it's not going to take up much room, just add it in with your printed tickets.

Oh and if anyone does find the posters can the locations be posted here? Some tube stations have a lot of levels and I think Baker street in particular has a few. There will probably be a few posters around but it'll be easier to know where they are.

Once we know they are up I might pop to Leicester Square during my lunch break to take one.

I read it that as long as you have posted the pic here just show it on your phone but you could print out your post here as well if you were worried as it's not going to take up much room, just add it in with your printed tickets.

I think they have to be posted on the Facebook page not here?

Do these selfies have to be printed out at all, or is on our phone acceptable? Might attempt this on the Friday as I think I have to go via Leicester Square to get to where I'm staying ;)

I had asked that on the Facebook page last night and they replied that as long as it was a clear picture, on your phone is fine.

Thanks for that JHW, that's good to know........Although it's just struck me..........if I printed this in colour and on A3 at work, stuck it on the wall and took a selfie there would that count as valid :whistling: ?

...I highly doubt these will still be up in 3 weeks when I arrive.. -_-

I actually think they will be. They don't change the advertising in the tube stations THAT quickly. (There's probably a minimum term of a month or some such.) Plus on Facebook the event was suggesting to people who were complaining about not living in London, that they could get their pictures that Friday, on the way to the con.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an FYI for everyone, especially those travelling with lots of luggage, I've just been reading the comments about this on the original SM facebook post and the posters are apparently on the escalators making it tad tricky to get a picture of when going passed them.

I'm going to try and go to Leicester Square tube tomorrow to try and do it. I will probably just take a pic of the poster without me in it as that's easier and hope it will be acceptable.

Also did everyone see that they've made an adjustment. The FB post now says:

" ** edited to acknowledge that pics can not be posted here, so don't panic, simply bring the pic with you to the event to show the info desk and we will work on a way to enable you to share your pics with us soon "

• Like 1