Exists

andini

Highly recommend the new one form the director of The Blair Witch Project.

A welcome entry into the found footage genre, it's easily the best Bigfoot movie I've seen, and much needed after Bobcat Goldthwait's awful Willow Creek.

• Like 1

I saw the clip they released last month with the bigfoot just stood in the road. Looked good. Will give it a watch. Has anyone seen The Babadook yet? it looks good but i fear it might be like Intruders and Silent House from a few years back, if you've seen them 2 you will know what i mean.

• Like 1

I saw the clip they released last month with the bigfoot just stood in the road. Looked good. Will give it a watch. Has anyone seen The Babadook yet? it looks good but i fear it might be like Intruders and Silent House from a few years back, if you've seen them 2 you will know what i mean.

The Babadook is definitely worth a watch but it didn't meet expectations since reading all the hype surrounding it. Great performance by Essie Davis, it was very creepy, but the film lacked the scares.

A rent / cinema viewing at best. I may buy the blu-ray when the price goes down.

• Like 2

Willow Creek is very much a Blair Witch clone, something that's been done to death a 1000 times now. Exists on the other hand brings something new to the table by making it a creature feature rather than just a noises in the woods type film.

• Like 2

I agree. Babadook had a great premise, but it fails as a horror film in that it just isn't scary. I think I was particularly let down when Total Film proclaimed it as "terrifying", and I spent the entire movie just waiting for one decent scare that didn't come.

It Follows, on the other hand, is a very good, unique and scary film. Check that out if you can.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Watched Exists last night and thought it was ok.

Since it was from the director of 'The Blair Witch Project', I was a expecting a slower and more suspense build up. I was so up for a scary movie!

With that said, I particularly liked how the sasquatch looked, and the (faster) pace worked quite well in the end. As Andini said above, it's an in your face creature feature.

The annoying thing about this film (and all other 'found footage' films) is that there is always someone who wont just put the camera down and help their friend!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...