New tickets and new things in store for LFCC 2015

There are some good ideas here, espically the pre-paid-only Saturday. I think it would be a better idea to start the programming at 10.30. Experience has shown that some guests don't do early. It would also give everyone time to get in and have a look around. Starting half an hour after the doors open is too quick.

One question. If there are two or more Diamond guests, would there be a small additional charge for each extra guest, or would a complete package have to be purchased for each Diamond guest?

If I guessing this right, you would have to buy the complete package again, So for example if a guest is £400 Diamond package and another guest Diamond is announced that's another £400. That's £800 Wow. SM has about 4 Diamond guests they are looking to get. If they are £400 Each (just guessing here) That would be £1,600 Good luck with that. They would have to do this, just topping up a little for another guest makes no sense as it wouldn't cover the cost. That's what I think? I could be wrong? :crying:

I think it's a little bit tight that the expensive Gold pass only gets you 2 £10 autographs and 2 £10 Photoshoots. How many £10 photoshoots are there usually? Hardly any that I can see!

If the Diamond tickets are £400 then wow, not sure who I would spend £400 to see. Apart from the Muppets maybe but it would have to be every single one of them.

I hate getting tickets before announcements, it's one of the reasons I stopped going to Music festivals. I hope this isn't the end of one of my very last vices!

It's all very well asking for our trust SM but we are starting to talk about a lot of money here!

• Like 1

Can SM just clarify, the Diamond guests will be the sort of guests that would not be possible in normal circumstances? I'm a little concerned that some of the busier guests like Patrick Stewart or Carrie Fisher might be re-classed as Diamond, when, with a little effort, they can be managed like any other guests. I wouldn't want Ian McDiarmid to be classed as "Diamond" and in future require an expensive ticket purchase just because he's a little rarer than others. The Diamond will be reserved for truly exceptional circumstances, like Harrison Ford, George Lucas etc.? It's quite a good idea, as long as it is just used for those otherwise un-bookable guests.

Disappointing price hike for day entries; what was it, £7 on the door this year? and now I have to pay £18? Regardless of whether I turn up for 9am or not?

What I loved about LFCC was a) not having to get up at the crack of dawn and B) being able to get in cheaply to look at stuff.

So last year I brought a £15 early bird so when I got there at 10:30-11 I only had a 'little' (smaller than standard anyways) queue...but now I have to pay more (£18) to get there at 10:30-11 (earliest I physically can due to living far away and trains) to wait in a queue with thousands.....

• Like 3

Would it be at-all possible to still either consider the E-ticket system or the bulk-sending system. It's really expensive to chuck up 7GBP for every international shipping, whilst holding them in "the shopping basket" until you're ready with all your shopping for one convention would be 7 pounds for everything (2.5 GBP for UK we believe?) - even if it's slightly more for a larger pack, it's still cheaper- E-tickets would just be even better, really

Besides that, we think some of the changes you've made are quite good and we'll be curious to see how they turn out in 2015 :)

• Like 1

So last year I brought a £15 early bird so when I got there at 10:30-11 I only had a 'little' (smaller than standard anyways) queue...but now I have to pay more (£18) to get there at 10:30-11 (earliest I physically can due to living far away and trains) to wait in a queue with thousands.....

if you're still only getting there at that time, there wont be any queue to get in, everyone will have gone in, there's no standard queue waiting to get in at 11.00.

• Like 1

I honestly don't see why you can't still have early bird and standard tickets, you could still start everything earlier than before. Surely it's better to leave it to the individual as to whether they want to pay more to do the extra activities, rather than forcing everyone to pay more no matter what.

• Like 2

... As for diamond guest tickets, prices will be different according to the guest... I know it has been said before that there will be a handful of those A-list guest, that's perfect to me as I will probably only be able afford one at a time, So I really hope that your first announcement would have been my first choice... Depending on the guest 400£ might be ok with me, but then again it really will depend on the guest.

I really hope we will get a taste of what's to come as for diamond guest in the near future (at least one name)

Anyway lots of changes, I really think it's for the best, I' m good with everything going on even if I know there will be a few glitches down the way.

Oh and I now it's not the main topic here, but once more cannot hurt, and the more Jason and the team see his name the more it gets stick it their head , and they'll try to make this happen. ... Bring us RON PERLMAN !!!!!

• Like 1

Had time to digest the changes now and certainly seem to make sense and should stop some of the issues happening last year knowing on the Saturday in particular that ticket levels are known and pre-sale only. More space , more time in the day all should give more opportunities and spread the load.

Friday preview is a great day to go, but noticed a ticket for all three days looks to be £40 so will probably go for that option. Just got to work out which tickets are the best options for my sons, who normally would only tend to come on one of the weekend days.

Prices seem to have gone up a bit overall, but not hugely if you bought early birds in the past as I've tended to do for myself and the boys, but I wonder if it may put some of the families off who have been used to getting standard entry for kids. Here there is a big jump, so for example:

Winter LFCC if you were go for standard entry on the Saturday would cost you £8 for an adult and £3 for a child, so for me that would have been £14 to get in for standard entry for me and 2 kids.

New prices for Summer LFCC next year just to get in are going to be £18 for an adult and £12 for a child, so a total of £42 to get in which is a significant jump from the £14 currently. Yes, you do of course get in earlier, but for anyone who does come with kids it can be a challenge to get them up and out early and if you are mainly coming for just a couple of guests and to sample the atmosphere £42 is a lot just to get in the door.

• Like 3

• Moderators

Everything for me seems a logical step forward. It's clear to EVERYONE that attended/worked LFCC in the Summer that SOMETHING needs to change significantly in order for the show to move forward and carry on, so I see these changes as a good thing.

Maybe they'll work. Maybe they won't. Unfortunately it's just one of those trial and error type deals as no one is psychic. I don't think the prices will put that many people off to be honest.

Will the other events stay as they are ? IE winter LFCC, Sheffield, MK etc?

Saturday this July ruined the whole weekend for me, making me contemplate only going on Friday's and Sunday's in future. With the changes to Friday looking good, I may do that , if the guests are worth it. Am I right that only the Saturday will be no buy on the day entry?

Edited by andrewrolar

• Moderators

Will the other events stay as they are ? IE winter LFCC, Sheffield, MK etc?

Saturday this July ruined the whole weekend for me, making me contemplate only going on Friday's and Sunday's in future. With the changes to Friday looking good, I may do that , if the guests are worth it. Am I right that only the Saturday will be no buy on the day entry?

Saturday will definitely be no pay on the door entry. Sunday MAY be the same, depending on ticket sales in the next 9 months.

Had time to digest the changes now and certainly seem to make sense and should stop some of the issues happening last year knowing on the Saturday in particular that ticket levels are known and pre-sale only. More space , more time in the day all should give more opportunities and spread the load.

Friday preview is a great day to go, but noticed a ticket for all three days looks to be £40 so will probably go for that option. Just got to work out which tickets are the best options for my sons, who normally would only tend to come on one of the weekend days.

Prices seem to have gone up a bit overall, but not hugely if you bought early birds in the past as I've tended to do for myself and the boys, but I wonder if it may put some of the families off who have been used to getting standard entry for kids. Here there is a big jump, so for example:

Winter LFCC if you were go for standard entry on the Saturday would cost you £8 for an adult and £3 for a child, so for me that would have been £14 to get in for standard entry for me and 2 kids.

New prices for Summer LFCC next year just to get in are going to be £18 for an adult and £12 for a child, so a total of £42 to get in which is a significant jump from the £14 currently. Yes, you do of course get in earlier, but for anyone who does come with kids it can be a challenge to get them up and out early and if you are mainly coming for just a couple of guests and to sample the atmosphere £42 is a lot just to get in the door.

I know how you feel. I had to turn round to my daughter and tell her there was no way I was going to be able to afford for both her and her autistic brother to go. Luckily she was understanding as she knows her brother loves the gaming zone there! Both I have to say, despite the increased cost, it will probably end up being worth it if the guests are amazing as they were this year!

Hmm. My concern with having only one (more expensive) ticket price is that the vast majority of people are now going to turn up first thing even if they just want one or two guests, rather than turning up later on and saving money with a cheaper ticket...

I also agree that starting talks/shoots etc so close to opening may be a bit optimistic.

The new higher prices (50% increase from early bird and almost double the price of LFCC's standard entry ticket...) will put people off who don't need to spend all day there - the new ticket changes also have taken away te option of going for a couple of hours after work on the Friday to save money without buying a whole day's ticket...

as to your point about prices going up they have a little but not what you are saying they are ?

I am sorry i do not understand what you are saying ?

the early bird morning price now this year 2014 is £15 next year its going up to £18 on sat and staying at £15 on sunday

how is that an increase of 50% ?

My mistake regarding early bird tickets - I'd forgotten they had already been increased to £15, I was thinking they were still £12.

However, as standard entry was £8 and now the only option will be £18 Sat or £15 Sun, my point still stands.

My mistake regarding early bird tickets - I'd forgotten they had already been increased to £15, I was thinking they were still £12.

However, as standard entry was £8 and now the only option will be £18 Sat or £15 Sun, my point still stands.

But with the all day ticket it does mean now that you are able to get in now at the same time as you would if you were on an early bird. Obviously this discounts any time you spend in a queue or your arrival time.