What would you do differently next time.

Cosplay is fun...you don't even need a group. Just find a genre you like and start with a basic silhouette*...building up your outfit each time.

*I use rule of thumb. If you were in a hurry and you saw yourself from a distance if you'd be fooled then that'll do.

I like that rule! :D

• Like 1

I had some pretty good photos chosen for the people I planned on getting sigs from but on a couple of occassions I got sigs from others there using their stock photos. I guess I will be more prepared on that front.

Certainly food is an issue there and bring your own water. The money saved would nearly cover another photoshoot.

• Like 1

I would say make it an entrance ticket only event, you got a ticket your in

No ticket , no entry simples

This thread is about what "you" would do differently, not what should be changed with the event, there's plenty of threads for that.

Thanks for this post as there are some very good learning experiences and excellent points forward which I also noted. Next time I'll go for both days in order to split the autographs and photoshoots. Joined the prepaid queue at 8am on Sunday and was in the venue 15/20 minutes after 9 but as a result my VT for Summer Glau and other big guests were in the mid/high 200s. Next time I will go really early one day for the key autographs I want and work the photoshoots around this or even do these on the second day.

Edited by fastandloud
  • Like 1

I would say make it an entrance ticket only event, you got a ticket your in

No ticket , no entry simples

This thread is about what "you" would do differently, not what should be changed with the event, there's plenty of threads for that.

Your right, wrong thread.

London cons I don't usually attend, its MK all the way for me,

Always get my revenge in early for the London shows, tickets and come fully prepared

Edited by sparky Si

good question.

Yeah.. better shoes will be definitive a good thing ;-) I still feel pain in my legs, feet.

Definitive stay for friday/saturday/sunday... My first time in 2010 i went only one day and I was by far to busy and missed the most celebrities.

Food? Nah... my bag is heavy enough. I saw couple of people who had her whole bag with food (sandwich, chips, chocolats etc) and drinks (1,5 l bottle coke etc). I would be death to have it the most time with me while queuing LOL. But... well.. I understand when its a family... i might be then expensive to buy. For me it was fine and good alternative to buy a sandwich and something to drink at the Event.

Book photoshootings online: definitive! To buy friday evening or Saturday at the desk when everyone else is buying tickets... might be difficult and makes the line much more longer.

Bought then - when the desk was quiet - two extra photo shoots.

Chatting to more people: hm..I've tried... but somehow I'm not the type to whom people do speak. To the celebrities: definitive. I always try and ask those about their work. The most of them are really cool and takes time. But sometime they're in bad mood or reserved. Helen Slater was reserved and Carrie Fisher didn't had lot time (which was ok). But for the most: Michael Ensign, Glen Morshower, David Hewlett, Casper Van Dien, Jamie Bamber and Milo Ventigmigla had been (in my mind) the best of all. Michael Ensign had a lot to tell about his work in "Titanic".

I made a lot compliments to Cosplayers and who did looks great but never got really into a "small-talk". Maybe it was my fault?

LOL - Cosplay would be fun - definitive - but wearing a costume, running around for autographs, photo-Shootings... lol.. I would be death in the half-time. Im really surprised of those guys who weared a full costume like Chewbacca, Stormtrooper, Red Skull.. okey.. they didn't running around for autographs maybe... - was thinking about to go as Captain America - maybe next year -

Ask more Cosplayer for photos: sure...good thing. I asked and took pics of those guys but sadly never with me because I was alone and afraid to take a picture of me and the Cosplayer.

Talk: I never have time really to go to the talks. Went only two years ago for the Michael Winslow show - was funny and a good thing to take a BREAK :-D

• Like 1

good question.

Yeah.. better shoes will be definitive a good thing ;-) I still feel pain in my legs, feet.

Definitive stay for friday/saturday/sunday... My first time in 2010 i went only one day and I was by far to busy and missed the most celebrities.

Food? Nah... my bag is heavy enough. I saw couple of people who had her whole bag with food (sandwich, chips, chocolats etc) and drinks (1,5 l bottle coke etc). I would be death to have it the most time with me while queuing LOL. But... well.. I understand when its a family... i might be then expensive to buy. For me it was fine and good alternative to buy a sandwich and something to drink at the Event.

Book photoshootings online: definitive! To buy friday evening or Saturday at the desk when everyone else is buying tickets... might be difficult and makes the line much more longer.

Chatting to more people: hm..I've tried... but somehow I'm not the type to whom people do speak. To the celebrities: definitive. I always try and ask those about their work. The most of them are really cool and takes time. But sometime they're in bad mood or reserved. Helen Slater was reserved and Carrie Fisher didn't had lot time (which was ok). But for the most: Michael Ensign, Glen Morshower, David Hewlett, Casper Van Dien, Jamie Bamber and Milo Ventigmigla had been (in my mind) the best of all. Michael Ensign had a lot to tell about his work in "Titanic".

I made a lot compliments to Cosplayers and who did looks great but never got really into a "small-talk". Maybe it was my fault?

LOL - Cosplay would be fun - definitive - but wearing a costume, running around for autographs, photo-Shootings... lol.. I would be death in the half-time. Im really surprised of those guys who weared a full costume like Chewbacca, Stormtrooper, Red Skull.. okey.. they didn't running around for autographs maybe... - was thinking about to go as Captain America - maybe next year -

Ask more Cosplayer for photos: sure...good thing. I asked and took pics of those guys but sadly never with me because I was alone and afraid to take a picture of me and the Cosplayer.

Talk: I never have time really to go to the talks. Went only two years ago for the Michael Winslow show - was funny and a good thing to take a BREAK :-D

I am sure it wasn't your fault. Talking to new people can be hard and feel more than a little strange! I need to get better at it too thats why it was on my list :smile:

• Like 1

Bring more money - I planned for everything; it all went great and I planned on how much money I need but I forgot about impulse buying (stan lee print to get signed, books and jewelry) and the stalls so I missed out on a few guest because of it and I had planned to buy some for a friend as a surprise birthday present.

good question.

For me it's the standing around that causes me leg pain. I can happily walk around for miles (well I did last week in Amsterdam as well) but standing still is murder.

I also do the bag full of food/drink but then I'm used to working as stallholder at craft shows so I know what the availability and pricing of food is like at these type of events.

I also think small talk unless you're in a queue can be really difficult and even then in a queue it can be difficult. At least look on the bright side everyone at the event is there for the same reason :) I've done networking events and having to make small talk there is really difficult.

Get to bed earlier. I had super late nights friday and saturday but con happiness got me through.

Same here but I did the Friday night which finished at 9 and then GoT screening Saturday which was almost also 9 and then by the time I'd got back to my friend's it was about 10pm. Add dinner and a bath into the mix and it's easily 11 gone :(

Get to bed earlier. I had super late nights friday and saturday but con happiness got me through.

Same here but I did the Friday night which finished at 9 and then GoT screening Saturday which was almost also 9 and then by the time I'd got back to my friend's it was about 10pm. Add dinner and a bath into the mix and it's easily 11 gone :(

I tried to go to bed early but couldn't really sleep and good thing to because a) the wake-up call I asked for never came through and B) I got up maybe 40 mins earlier than I planned on the Saturday so got to Earl's Court around 6.30 instead of 7-7.30. No point in trying to sleep when you can't - though it made it a very long day and weekend