Ticket Refund for Cancellations and Photo Clashes

My friend had a photoshoot with Stan Lee on Saturday, but was told that they couldn't do it. I reckon she will be refunded as well, right? What should they do??? They were s gutted they'd spent 65 pounds and all that traveling only to be turned away after hours of queuing.

My friend had a photoshoot with Stan Lee on Saturday, but was told that they couldn't do it. I reckon she will be refunded as well, right? What should they do??? They were s gutted they'd spent 65 pounds and all that traveling only to be turned away after hours of queuing.

I honestly can not see what legal entitlement Showmasters would have to keep the money no matter what their policy on refunds is if they failed to provide the service that has been paid for. Personally I would email Showmasters explaining the situation and enclose a scan of the photo ticket (which ought to still have the stub attached as it wasn't used) as evidence.

Perhaps a member of Showmasters team will give some proper guidance soon?

When my Sean Maher refund eventually came through I got an email notification from SM and the funds then turned up in my bank in the next couple of days. I'm presuming Pedro and Dormer's will be the same. Just waiting on that email

Haven't read this post in full but understand that it looks like people will not get refunded due to Showmasters policy on refunds.

I would like to point out to people that in policy law there is such a thing as "unfair contract terms" which I feel this would fall into. Essentially this means that although a business may have stipulations and clauses they can still be challenged if they are deemed unfair. In this case for example, if a photo did not take place then how can the organizer keep the full money for it? If the organiser did not suffer any financial loss then why should they be allowed to keep it.

Furthermore if people were unable to attend photoshoots due to issues created by Showmasters than "the service/product was not fit for purpose" and again should be refunded. And in case you're wondering, yes I work in legal and regulatory matters. Hope this helps. :king:

The refunds they are asking about are for guests who cancelled before the event. Refunds are always given if this happens. People are asking due to a small number of cancellations that took place in the days before the show.

However their no refund policy on tickets you buy and then choose not to use is the same as any other company. I tried to get a refund on concert tickets a couple of years ago due to my seats being relocated, but there was a no refund policy. After arguing my case, I had my tickets changed instead to the seats near to where I had originally booked. The point is they are not doing anything wrong if it is in the terms and conditions when you buy the tickets.

I can assume that because there were more problems than normal, that perhaps refunds that do not usually take place, may take place. But that is down to them and the circumstances surrounding the need for refunds.

• Showmasters Admin

Haven't read this post in full but understand that it looks like people will not get refunded due to Showmasters policy on refunds.

I would like to point out to people that in policy law there is such a thing as "unfair contract terms" which I feel this would fall into. Essentially this means that although a business may have stipulations and clauses they can still be challenged if they are deemed unfair. In this case for example, if a photo did not take place then how can the organizer keep the full money for it? If the organiser did not suffer any financial loss then why should they be allowed to keep it.

Furthermore if people were unable to attend photoshoots due to issues created by Showmasters than "the service/product was not fit for purpose" and again should be refunded. And in case you're wondering, yes I work in legal and regulatory matters. Hope this helps. :king:

We are not unfair and we are there to provide people with the chance to get as many photo ops , signings , talks and autographs that they want. We do help everyone we can on the day and as there was so many guests over the weekend there were going to be lots of clashes. As you will see very few did not get what they wanted and paid for, so this did work quite well for most people.

I do not think anyone need to start quoting the law as we are on your side and run our shows so they are fair. We give refunds if we have to move the photo op's on the day and people miss out, as that's down to us, and if a guest is cancelled we always refund everyone.

We will also consider refunds if there was just to many paid for photo ops or talks you are committed to on the day, but things like clashes with free talks etc thats not down to us and a refund will not be given for that, or we will have to be refunding everyone for whatever issues everyone has, and refunding costs us money and in the end we would have to charge more to cover the costs of everyone asking for refunds for anything ?

We have also refunded anyone that has a photo op that did not have a entry ticket if they could not get in. We would advice that in future everyone buying a talk ticket or photo op buys a entry ticket as well.

So we are fair and treat people with real issues fairly like we would like to be treated ourselves.

hope that helps

jason

Edited by 1of2

• Showmasters Admin

Mara is working on all the refunds. Some were in the old system and these will have to be worked out by hand but we are working on it. We do not want to keep anyones money so we will get this all back to you and others asap .

We are working on it.

Showmasters

Edited by 1of2
  • Like 1

My Natalie refund was processed today - They are getting through them but as stated before there are over 800 refunds to get through so please be patient. If people want to start quoting law, then SM have 30 days from the cancellation to refund, so still plenty of time to go...

20th of March along with a Giancarlo Esposito ticket - arrived the day he cancelled... Just waiting on my Diana Muldaur one, which should come later as it was done on the old system and would need to be refunded individually.

I've had the message for the refund that I know was for Natalie Dormer, just waiting for my Pedro Pascal one now :)

Ok what's the email address for refunds? If it means it comes before tomo

The email address is shop@showmastersevents.com

You will need to provide your order number etc

Be aware it can take up to 5 working days for banks to process transactions. It's not always instant.

20th of March along with a Giancarlo Esposito ticket - arrived the day he cancelled... Just waiting on my Diana Muldaur one, which should come later as it was done on the old system and would need to be refunded individually.

Same here for me. Ordered my Natalie one in march & just received an e-mail regarding my refund 45 minutes ago.

Also awaiting my Diana Muldaur refund, but like you expected that to take longer as it was ordered pre World Pay & each order needs to be processed manually.

Edited by bonniesrg