Ticket Refund for Cancellations and Photo Clashes

Hi There

How do I get a refund for the following photo shoots. It said a refund would be given automatically but then I read
somewhere that tickets would have to be send in?

I had a busy Saturday (16 photoshoots) at LFCC and was hopefull to get all my Saturday photoshoots done this year based on numbers of shoots people

had successfully done in past years. Unfortunately cancellations and clashes in scheduling and the sheer numbers of people meant the following:

I am wanting a refund for these cancellations
Sherilyn Fenn Saturday
Sherilyn Fenn Sunday
Natalie Dormer Saturday
Also I had severe clash on 3 photo shoots that left me missing out on Cerina Vincent on Saturday (shoots all at the same time, I made two of the three)).
I am hoping I can get a refund for the Cerina Vincent shoot as well?
I could not find my Cerina ticket at the time to get a refund on the Saturday at the desk before leaving for home at 6pm. I have now have found it.
I was able to get a refund for the Curtis Armstrong shoot as it clashed with Dina Meyer on Saturday as Dina's shoot
was put back to 5:45pm in E and I had to rush across to D and missed Curtis.
Grateful for any help as I can't really relax until this is sorted. I spent a lot over the weekend well over £700 and would be good to recoup some money
towards the expense ASAP.
Dave

Good Luck on the Refunds mate, I had the same problem with Clashes.. A couple started at the same time and both finished at the same time... I managed all my shoots.. I don't like this policy of no refunds so really do make sure I get my photo.. I grab the Blue shirt person at the entrance of the shoot and show them my clashes and Tickets. I have a piece of paper with all the information on.. Some of the Blue shirts Newbies just shake their heads and put you back into the queue.. If that happens grab another Blue / red shirt.. I'm not missing anything or that's money lost. You have to be a little up front (Remember never Rude, As I wouldn't like it to me) So far in the two years of doing this (except from my very first con) I have missed None of my shoots so far.. :clap:

• Like 4

Thanks for this. There were a few people getting refunds at the time. What I don't understand is the Showmasters message that no photo shoots would be missed leading up to the event. Yet I am sure I am not the

only one who had a missed shoot. Getting through the crowds to Photo Areas far apart with 5 minutes to spare is a health risk and I was legging it best I could to get to them in time

to be told I was late.

What caused me problems was having a low number for Summer Glau first photoshoot and being told by TooTall I could not do Summers first shoot and wanted to see travel documents which I did not have. There was just me and a guy from Sheffield waiting and they had capped numbers. Letting me and the other chap in IMHO would not have delayed Summer's autographing significantly. As a result I had 3 photo shoots clashes instead of 2 clashes to contend with at the same time in the early afternoon.

I'll email the shop and see what can be done and i'll provide the time of the shoots I attended.

Do you know if all the John Ratzenberger refunds got done prior to LFCC?

Space, with 60 odd shoots that's double what I managed, but for the first time in 6 years I actually missed a shoot...simply because they moved one wrestler's time forward on Sunday and I never spotted it on the schedule till too late...

I did manage to get a refund (well a 15 quid gift voucher) on the day for the missed shoot though...

i missed Anthony Head's shoot on Saturday due to Dina Meyer's shoot being pushed back, the crew member i spoke to about the clash was useless & basically told me i'd have to choose which one to go to so i chose Dina, first time i've ever missed one.

I had a photoshoot overlap with Jamie Bamber in B and TJ Thyne in E on the far end of the hall on Sunday and was considering missing Jamie's because I'd met him before and just going to TJ's because trying to get through the crowds was nearly impossible at that point. I decided to check with the crew in B about an hour beforehand and they put me into Jamie's shoot at the start (which happened to start a bit early too) and so I managed to make both shoots. I had also checked with the crew at E before speaking to those at B to explain my problem but had been told that they wouldn't be able to wait for me at TJs shoot if I hadn't made it back from Jamie's in time, which was fair enough. I'm just glad I got both done in the end.

• Like 1

I understand why SM don't give shoot times in until just before the event as so many things change leading up to it and behind the scenes times must get moved around a lot.

But I think if there could be rough time bands like:
1 = 9am - 11am
2 = 11am - 1pm
3 = 1pm - 3pm
etc..

That way SM still have bit of flexibility to move a shoot around, especially if it's only a 10m one, but if people buy multiple shoots in the same time band it's their fault if there's a clash for trying to do to much at the same time.
As things stand it's very much encouraged to do as many shoots as possible as crew will help you get through them, so if that doesn't happen and you miss a shoot, refunds should be given.

When exactly are these 'automatic' refunds going to be done? I have a Pedro and Natalie and was assured it would be ASAP but when exactly is that as there's been no mention of the refunds yet anywhere?

I would assume starting tomorrow or Wednesday. They'll most likely still be packing up at Earls Court. And the refunds aren't 100% automatic, so might not see it in your account until next week.

They wont be done just at the press of a button, all done, since most people ordered them at the same time as other photoshoots/talks/entry tickets, so they have to be done manually, it takes time.

When exactly are these 'automatic' refunds going to be done? I have a Pedro and Natalie and was assured it would be ASAP but when exactly is that as there's been no mention of the refunds yet anywhere?

Natalie's refund was mentioned her cancellation thread. It will be done automatically onto the card you paid with and you will get an email when it is done, though before it has cleared.

I would assume starting tomorrow or Wednesday. They'll most likely still be packing up at Earls Court. And the refunds aren't 100% automatic, so might not see it in your account until next week.

Tomorrow is Wednesday. That said I forgot it myself when I got back to work today bearing in mind I'd also booked yesterday off :whistling:

Tomorrow is Wednesday. That said I forgot it myself when I got back to work today bearing in mind I'd also booked yesterday off :whistling:

Oops lol. Make that Thursday ;)

Luckily I managed to get all 12 photoshoots and 24 autos I wanted on sat due to planning all 3days. Cut it fine due to delays with shoots meant clashes quite literally running in two just as the guest was leaving. Hey Jamie Bamber remembered me from the day before lol.

I dont understand people who fail to plan. I brought a gold pass and planned to the minute but had to adapt due to delays and changes. However if I had nissed anything I wouldnt have expected a refund unless it was due to reacheduling. Showmasters crew really helped

Luckily I managed to get all 12 photoshoots and 24 autos I wanted on sat due to planning all 3days. Cut it fine due to delays with shoots meant clashes quite literally running in two just as the guest was leaving. Hey Jamie Bamber remembered me from the day before lol.

I dont understand people who fail to plan. I brought a gold pass and planned to the minute but had to adapt due to delays and changes. However if I had nissed anything I wouldnt have expected a refund unless it was due to reacheduling. Showmasters crew really helped

I planned all three days but did not plan on the schedule that was released and all the clashes that happened for 1 shoot only guests at the end of the Saturday. That is a big gripe!. The experience of not getting my shoots all done and then sore feet made me give up on going on the Sunday

(hence did not do the 4 shoots I had on Sunday).after I had pre-purchased 20 shoots over 2-3 months.

Haven't read this post in full but understand that it looks like people will not get refunded due to Showmasters policy on refunds.

I would like to point out to people that in policy law there is such a thing as "unfair contract terms" which I feel this would fall into. Essentially this means that although a business may have stipulations and clauses they can still be challenged if they are deemed unfair. In this case for example, if a photo did not take place then how can the organizer keep the full money for it? If the organiser did not suffer any financial loss then why should they be allowed to keep it.

Furthermore if people were unable to attend photoshoots due to issues created by Showmasters than "the service/product was not fit for purpose" and again should be refunded. And in case you're wondering, yes I work in legal and regulatory matters. Hope this helps. :king:

• Like 7