Guests!

farmer

for the first time ever i'm likely to miss this show. Too many guests who just stood in the background of Bond movies and others who have done loads of shows before ,Thomsett, Osoba, Goffe, Baker, Prowse, Bullock, even Duran. I appreciate some newcomers might not have met them but regulars need some new faces especially as there are so few dealers at this event. Its only my opinion of course but i do know of several people i usually meet up with here (locals and a few that travel to it) who are not bothering unless something is pulled out of the hat.Dissapointing that so much effort goes into london but Birmingham gets little attention until other shows go through.

I'd have to agree with this...it's like the polar opposite of LFCCC. I know it's always been a quieter, more specific show, but to be at the point where regulars SM attendees have no reason to attend, well...

I agree too, i love and appreciate the fact that it's a different type of event from other shows, but I can't help but feel there's very little imagination gone into the line up.

I think the show is very weak on the TV/Film stars side. No headliners and unless you are interested in space/aviation then there is little of interest. Yes, there is time for a special announcement to improve things - let's hope so.

Can only agree with what's been said before.

When you think they got Joan Collins, Ernest Borgnine, George Kennedy & Mickey Rooney all at the same show lol (and that was in Birmingham, not London even!) THAT was crazy!!

Those good old times seem to be long done! Now we're lucky if we have one big TV/Film star per show (Martin Landau, Robert Davi...)

It's not like there's a lack of choice for potential guests : Lee Majors (starts to think he will never be invited over here), Louise Fletcher, Piper Laurie, Richard Chamberlain, Robert Loggia, i could name a hundred more, are all names that do autograph shows overseas.

Knowing that, Autographica's tagline "The world's largest autograph show" seems totally unaccurate at the time being :(

Sorry it looks like i won't be attending this event neither.

with only 2 guests that might interest me i can't justify the travel expense. :(

but should a TV/Movie actor be announced like LEE MAJORS <every event i ask for this guy> i'll be there :clap:

• Like 1

Have to say i'm pretty disappointed by this lineup so far as well. I'm interested in seein Bob Wall an enormous amount, but the travel/accomodation is a lot for me for one guest who could potentially cancel. The TV/Film element definitely seems to be taking a back seat for this one. I would love some big guests like Geoffrey Palmer, Judi Dench, David McCallum, or repeat guests that i've missed in the past like Joanna Lumley and Ian Lavender

• Like 3

Hmm yeah...again, it's guests that may please fans of those specific things (James Bond, yet again), but it's not going to tempt anyone outwith that serious circle of collectors.

I don't mind these supporting actors from Bond or Star Wars coming, as long as they are in addition to one or two well-known actors. And if the big guests are going to be last-minute surprise announcements, that's not really much use to us as we need to make our choices now regarding attendance and travel.

• Like 4

i really do wish that more film guests would be announced. i know that there are plenty out there who are more than happy to do a signing in the u.k. however they are not going to present themselves and say... please can i be invited. autographica has been my favourite autograph show over the years however it seems to have changed.

You may very well surprised to learn that these days the agents approach convention organisers like Showmasters to see if they can be a guest at the events.

Hmm yeah...again, it's guests that may please fans of those specific things (James Bond, yet again), but it's not going to tempt anyone outwith that serious circle of collectors.

I don't mind these supporting actors from Bond or Star Wars coming, as long as they are in addition to one or two well-known actors. And if the big guests are going to be last-minute surprise announcements, that's not really much use to us as we need to make our choices now regarding attendance and travel.

Agreed. With the latest announcement of Claude-Oliver Rudolph I'm beginning to wonder just how obscure a film guest list can get for "the worlds largest autograph show".
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Ahh yes I won't be attending either, I'm mostly into the James Bond thing can't justify the travel for one guest who may cancel, really not interested in those minor roles. Like 3rd cocktail waitress on the left etc

It's a shame was so good I remember having dinner with guy Hamilton and Joe Robinson. Movie gold! Hope they can pull it round or I fear for the shows future